|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
(a) It is blashpemous
(b) He might get a chill
(c) The name "Jack" suits him
(d) It is tedious
2. What ceremony does Chasuble expects to undertake when he enters the scene in the final act?
(a) A wedding
(c) A christening
(d) Ernest's memorial
3. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an equestrian event to attend
(b) He must visit his invalid friend
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
4. How does Lady Bracknell characterize cloak rooms in general?
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
2. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
3. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
4. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
5. How many trains does Lady Bracknell claim to have missed when she demands Gwendolen depart with her?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)