|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) They were for Bunbury
(d) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) Hearing them privately abused
(b) Seeing them leave
(c) The gossip about his friends
(d) The ocassional loans
3. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(b) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(c) He has an equestrian event to attend
(d) He must visit his invalid friend
4. According to Lady Bracknell, who are the only people to speak disrespectfully of Society?
(a) Those who cannot get into it
(b) Those who have been in it all their lives
(c) Those who serve it
(d) The Portugese
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are engaged
(b) He is her father
(c) They are siblings
(d) She is his aunt
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
2. Lady Bracknell suggests the employment of a French maid to rectify what deficiency in Cecily?
3. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
4. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
5. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)