|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) They were for Bunbury
2. What is the last sticking point for Cecily and Gwendolen in terms of marrying the men?
(a) Their debts
(b) Their honesty
(c) Their names
(d) Their residences
3. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a week
(c) Once a season
(d) Once a month
4. Lady Bracknell suggests the employment of a French maid to rectify what deficiency in Cecily?
(a) Her carriage
(b) Her hair
(c) Her accent
(d) Her wardrobe
5. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is unfortunate
(b) It is tragic
(c) It is inconsequential
(d) It is careless
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cecily's solicitor?
2. According to Lady Bracknell, who are the only people to speak disrespectfully of Society?
3. When was Jack's father not "a man of peace"?
4. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
5. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)