|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cecily and Gwendolen attempt to speak at the same time, who beats time to cue them?
2. Which train line was Jack left by in Victoria Station?
(a) Picadilly Line
(b) Cambridge Line
(c) Brighton Line
(d) Great Northern Line
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) A lord to vouch for him
(b) A substantial dowry
(c) The handbag in which he was found
(d) His "brother's" credentials
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) It will be in the papers
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) Hell will have frozen
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
5. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Duty to country
(c) Moral responsibility
(d) Respect for their betters
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
2. How many trains does Lady Bracknell claim to have missed when she demands Gwendolen depart with her?
3. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
4. In what town does the First Act take place?
5. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)