|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Bracknell not approve of long engagements?
(a) They allow the betrothed the chance to know each other
(b) They leave time for infidelity
(c) They shorten the time to produce an heir
(d) They indicate a lack of conviction
2. How old is Jack?
3. What cause does Algernon cite for Bunbury's death?
4. At what age will Cecily legally be allowed to marry of her own accord?
5. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) To marry him
(b) For money
(c) For advice
(d) For directions
Short Answer Questions
1. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
2. What does Miss Prism instruct Cecily to read while she is gone?
3. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
4. What does the eating of muffins by Algernon signify to Cecily?
5. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)