|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cecily characterize Algernon's corroboration of Jack's claim to having a brother?
2. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
3. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) His warnings
(b) Her lessons
(c) Her spending
(d) The advances of boys
4. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) They are engaged
(c) They are siblings
(d) He is her father
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A whiskey and a sanwich
(b) A coffee and a biscuit
(c) A sherry and a cigarette
(d) A tea and a song
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
3. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what should never occur in family of high society?
5. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)