|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he signs legal documents
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he travels abroad
(d) When he is in the country
2. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
3. What reason does Algernon give to Cecily for lying about being Ernest?
(a) He wanted to pay off Jack's debts
(b) He actually thought he was Ernest
(c) He wanted to meet her
(d) He wanted to get away from his aunt
4. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
5. Lady Bracknell suggests the employment of a French maid to rectify what deficiency in Cecily?
(a) Her hair
(b) Her wardrobe
(c) Her carriage
(d) Her accent
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
2. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
3. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
4. How does Cecily characterize Algernon's corroboration of Jack's claim to having a brother?
5. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)