|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(b) Wedding notices
2. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(b) Moral responsibility
(c) Duty to country
(d) Respect for their betters
3. What does Miss Prism announce she will do since Cecily is marrying?
(a) Be her maid of honor
(b) Make her wedding dress
(c) Resign her positon
(d) Choose the scriptures for the ceremony
4. How much is Cecily's estimated worth?
(a) 130,000 pounds
(b) 80,000 pounds
(c) 50,000 pounds
(d) 200,000 pounds
5. Why does Lady Bracknell return to the manor house in the last moment of the play?
(a) She forgot her handbag
(b) She changes her mind about Gwendolen's marriage
(c) She missed her train
(d) She has fallen ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses the engagement between Cecily and Algernon?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
3. What gesture does Miss Prism have at address from Lady Bracknell?
4. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
5. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)