|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town does the First Act take place?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an equestrian event to attend
(b) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(c) He must visit his invalid friend
(d) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
3. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
4. How did Lady Bracknell learn of Gwendolen's intention to come to Jack's manor house?
(a) She found Jack's address written on a scrap of paper
(b) She read Gwendolen's diary
(c) She paid off her maid
(d) She intercepted Gwendolen's mail
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) A book
(b) A cigarette case
(c) An engagement ring
(d) His hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
3. How many pounds does Ernest owe the Savoy?
4. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
5. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)