|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) Three months
(b) One hour
(c) One month
(d) Six months
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A pessimist
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A rube
3. What does Chasuble blame for the Church's opposition to clergy marriage?
(a) Outdated standards
(b) Improper translation
(c) Corrupt texts
(d) Bribed church leadership
4. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) Lady Bloxham
(b) John Merrick
(d) His brother
5. How did Lady Bracknell learn of Gwendolen's intention to come to Jack's manor house?
(a) She paid off her maid
(b) She intercepted Gwendolen's mail
(c) She found Jack's address written on a scrap of paper
(d) She read Gwendolen's diary
Short Answer Questions
1. What cause does Algernon cite for Bunbury's death?
2. Who does Jack kiss when he intends to kiss Lady Bracknell?
3. Lady Bracknell suggests the employment of a French maid to rectify what deficiency in Cecily?
4. How does Jack introduce Algernon to the other characters at the end of the play?
5. In what town does the First Act take place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)