|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A sherry and a cigarette
(b) A tea and a song
(c) A whiskey and a sanwich
(d) A coffee and a biscuit
2. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
(a) His wit
(b) His money
(c) His name
(d) His eyes
3. Which of these is not a certificate that Jack lists having regarding Cecily?
(d) University enrollement
4. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) Seeing them leave
(b) Hearing them privately abused
(c) The gossip about his friends
(d) The ocassional loans
5. What brand of champagne did Algernon consume in its entirety?
(a) Veuve Cliquot
(d) Dom Perignon
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
2. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
3. In what town does the First Act take place?
4. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
5. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)