|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) She expects him
(c) She forbids him
(d) He does not know what to say
2. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he is in the country
(b) When he travels abroad
(c) When he is in town
(d) When he signs legal documents
3. What evidence of the baby's disappearance was discovered in Bayswater?
(c) A bag of cloth diapers
(d) Miss Prism
4. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is improper
(b) It is in secret language
(c) It is all about him
(d) She intends to publish it
5. How much is Cecily's estimated worth?
(a) 130,000 pounds
(b) 200,000 pounds
(c) 50,000 pounds
(d) 80,000 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
2. Whom does Jack cite as Cecily's lineage?
3. Which of these is not an occasion when Chasuble has preached his sermon on manna?
4. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
5. How does Algernon describe the day?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)