|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is improper
(b) She intends to publish it
(c) It is all about him
(d) It is in secret language
2. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Knowing much and knowing self
(b) Having much and owing little
(c) Behaving well and feeling well
(d) Making love and making peace
3. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(b) Social bearing
4. How does Algernon describe the day?
(a) A middling Bunbury
(b) Rather hot
(c) The worst Bunbury he has had
(d) The most wonderful Bunbury he has had
5. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Waltz
(c) A Proposal
(d) A Cucumber Sandwich
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
2. Who does Jack kiss when he intends to kiss Lady Bracknell?
3. When was Jack's father not "a man of peace"?
4. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
5. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)