|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
2. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) night and knight
(b) dirth and death
(c) great and grate
(d) sow and sew
3. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) There is less to do
(b) The men are less observant
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) The wine is better
4. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) A book
(b) An engagement ring
(c) A cigarette case
(d) His hat
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was black
(b) It was leather
(c) It had handles
(d) It was torn at the side
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
2. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
3. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
4. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
5. What relation is not popular at the present time?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)