|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Having much and owing little
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
2. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) His "brother's" credentials
(b) A substantial dowry
(c) The handbag in which he was found
(d) A lord to vouch for him
4. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) great and grate
(b) night and knight
(c) sow and sew
(d) dirth and death
5. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Duty to country
(b) Respect for their betters
(d) Moral responsibility
Short Answer Questions
1. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
2. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
3. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
4. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
5. What is Miss Prism's first name?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)