|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) No publisher would take it
(b) She never finished it
(c) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(d) She lost the manuscript
2. For how long does Cecily say she and Ernest have been engaged?
(a) Six months
(b) One hour
(c) One month
(d) Three months
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A modern stoic
(c) A rube
(d) A pessimist
4. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) A book
(b) His hat
(c) An engagement ring
(d) A cigarette case
5. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Social bearing
(d) Her daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
2. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
3. How does Jack feel about affection?
4. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
5. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)