|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
2. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A modern stoic
(c) A prig
(d) A pessimist
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) The Church
(b) Their relations
(c) Their spouse
(d) A creditor
5. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Club
(b) The Empire
(c) The Games House
(d) The Theatre
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
2. On what day is Jack leaving town?
3. Who serves tea to Cecily and Gwendolen?
4. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
5. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)