|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She expects him
(b) She forbids him
(c) He does not know what to say
(d) He fears her anger
2. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her diary
(b) Her narcolepsy
(c) Her appetite
(d) The gardener
3. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Berating the servants publicly
(b) Quoting scripture
(c) Abruptly reentering rooms
(d) Pocketing silverware
4. Upon finding out the Cecily is Mr. Worthing's ward, how old does Gwendolen wish Cecily was?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was torn at the side
(b) It had handles
(c) It was black
(d) It was leather
Short Answer Questions
1. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
2. Who is Cecily's governess?
3. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
4. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
5. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)