|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
2. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
(a) The drawing room
(b) The garden
(c) The hills
3. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
(b) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
(c) Scare off Algernon's advances
(d) Cut a rose for Algernon
4. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
(a) It is very lonely
(b) It is very hot
(c) It is very damp
(d) It is very dry
5. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
(a) Her diary
(b) The gardener
(c) Her narcolepsy
(d) Her appetite
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
3. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
5. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)