|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) German is a boorish language
(b) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(c) Germany is overpopulated
(d) There is no profit in learning German
2. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) The advances of boys
(b) Her spending
(c) His warnings
(d) Her lessons
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(b) Hell will have frozen
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) She will be wearing a veil
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) Their relations
(b) A creditor
(c) The Church
(d) Their spouse
5. What does Chasuble quote in Act III as proof of a religious revival?
(a) The Beggar's Opera
(b) The Times of London
(c) The previous year's Almanack
(d) The Confessions of St. Augustine
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
2. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
3. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
4. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
5. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)