|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cecily have letters from Ernest?
(a) She wrote them herself
(b) Algernon wrote them
(c) Jack wrote them
(d) Other boys wrote them and she changed the name
2. What does Algernon claim to be when he meets Cecily?
(a) Charming but not saturnine
(b) Reckless but not wicked
(c) Cunning but not vicious
(d) Extravagent but not profligate
3. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
(b) A slight chill
4. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For advice
(b) For directions
(c) To marry him
(d) For money
5. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
(a) He has found a proper nurse
(b) He has moved away
(c) He has recuperated
(d) He has exploded
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
2. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
5. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)