|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
2. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She expects him
(b) He does not know what to say
(c) He fears her anger
(d) She forbids him
3. On what day is Jack leaving town?
4. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
(a) A headache
(b) A slight chill
(c) A general malaise
(d) An allergy attack
5. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(c) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(d) It was the destination of his ticket
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
2. Who is Cecily's governess?
3. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
4. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
5. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)