|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The cigarette holder
(b) The trivet
(c) The bell
(d) The railway guide
2. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Empire
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Club
(d) The Games House
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) A substantial dowry
(b) A lord to vouch for him
(c) The handbag in which he was found
(d) His "brother's" credentials
4. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a season
(b) Once a month
(c) Once a week
5. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(b) Miss Prism
(d) Lady Bracknell
Short Answer Questions
1. What minor character defames the German language at the beginning of the Act?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
3. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
4. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
5. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)