|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must arrange her music
(b) They must attend a French farce together
(c) He must tend to her shrubbery
(d) He must rearrange her furniture
2. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
3. What does Lady Bracknell describe as a "delicate exotic fruit?"
(a) Her daughter
(b) Social bearing
4. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he take up learning German
(b) That they not walk together anymore
(c) That he marry
(d) That he refrain from dairy
5. What workman's item does Gwendolen claim never to have seen?
(a) A spade
(b) A piece of coal
(c) An axe
(d) A work glove
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack describe Algernon's eating in times of distress?
2. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
3. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
4. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
5. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)