|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A pessimist
(b) A prig
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A rube
2. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 700 pounds
(c) 200 pounds
(d) 1000 pounds
3. Who does Cecily wish would come to the country manor?
4. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
5. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he marry
(b) That he take up learning German
(c) That he refrain from dairy
(d) That they not walk together anymore
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Cecily?
2. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
3. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
4. What is Gwendolyn given with her tea?
5. Where does Cecily get her ideas for her diary?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)