|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(c) It was the destination of his ticket
(d) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
2. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Behaving well and feeling well
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Having much and owing little
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Vulgar literature
(b) Dissolution of the family
(c) Rational dress for women
5. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. How does Algernon describe the day?
3. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
4. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
5. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)