|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is all about him
(b) It is in secret language
(c) She intends to publish it
(d) It is improper
2. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Empire
(d) The Club
3. What does Cecily do with the scissors?
(a) Scare off Algernon's advances
(b) Prune a bush while Algernon eats
(c) Cut a rose for Algernon
(d) Cut a thread from the hem of her skirts
4. Who is the other partner in Grigsby's soliciting firm?
5. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
(c) Ernest's body
(d) Jack himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
3. Where do Cecily and Gwendolen depart to when they leave the men?
4. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)