|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
2. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She danced with another man
(b) He danced with another woman
(c) He left for Australia
(d) She was too young
3. In what town does the First Act take place?
4. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
5. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A pessimist
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A rube
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
2. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
3. What lunch has Jack traditionally been enjoying of late?
4. What is Cecily's constant distraction?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)