|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cecily?
2. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Games House
(b) The Club
(c) The Theatre
(d) The Empire
3. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
4. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
(a) A bible
(b) A bill
(c) A sherry
(d) His luggage
5. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Pocketing silverware
(b) Abruptly reentering rooms
(c) Quoting scripture
(d) Berating the servants publicly
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
2. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
3. What does Gwendolen beg Cecily to call her after they realize they are deceived?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
5. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)