|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom has Algernon - as Ernest - been talking to Cecily?
(a) Lady Bracknell
(c) Miss Prism
2. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he is in town
(b) When he is in the country
(c) When he travels abroad
(d) When he signs legal documents
3. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(b) She lost the manuscript
(c) She never finished it
(d) No publisher would take it
4. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A modern stoic
(c) A pessimist
(d) A prig
5. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Cecily claim Miss prism has?
2. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
3. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
4. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
5. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)