|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) He cannot explain their relationship
(b) She has not asked
(c) He fears she would be jealous
(d) He would have to reveal his true name
2. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those you haven't met
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those who choose not to speak
(d) Those who enjoy your present
3. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Minotaur
(b) A Harpy
(c) A Leviathan
(d) A Gorgon
4. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
5. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(b) Liberal Unionist
(d) Social Democrat
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is Jack leaving town?
2. What relation is not popular at the present time?
3. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
4. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
5. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)