|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) To marry him
(b) For directions
(c) For advice
(d) For money
2. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must arrange her music
(b) He must tend to her shrubbery
(c) He must rearrange her furniture
(d) They must attend a French farce together
3. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he signs legal documents
(b) When he is in the country
(c) When he is in town
(d) When he travels abroad
4. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
2. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
3. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
4. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
5. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)