|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who choose not to speak
(b) Those you haven't met
(c) Those with a willingness to lend money
(d) Those who enjoy your present
2. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The trivet
(b) The bell
(c) The railway guide
(d) The cigarette holder
3. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
4. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The study
(b) The dining room
(c) The garden
(d) The carriage
5. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does the First Act take place?
2. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
3. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
4. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
5. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)