|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(b) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(c) It was the destination of his ticket
(d) It was the first word that came to mind
3. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Behaving well and feeling well
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Having much and owing little
(d) Making love and making peace
5. What relation is not popular at the present time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town does the First Act take place?
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
3. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
4. How often does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)