|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he travels abroad
(b) When he is in the country
(c) When he is in town
(d) When he signs legal documents
2. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
3. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must arrange her music
(b) He must tend to her shrubbery
(c) He must rearrange her furniture
(d) They must attend a French farce together
4. In what county is Jack's country house?
5. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The men are less observant
(b) The wine is better
(c) There is less to do
(d) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
2. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
3. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
4. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)