|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Cecily?
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A pessimist
(c) A rube
(d) A modern stoic
3. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(b) John Merrick
(c) Lady Bloxham
(d) His brother
4. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) Her lessons
(b) His warnings
(c) Her spending
(d) The advances of boys
5. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The study
(b) The dining room
(c) The carriage
(d) The garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
2. On what day is Jack leaving town?
3. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
4. In what town does the First Act take place?
5. In what county is Jack's country house?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)