|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For advice
(b) To marry him
(c) For directions
(d) For money
2. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Behaving well and feeling well
(b) Making love and making peace
(c) Knowing much and knowing self
(d) Having much and owing little
3. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) All of them
(b) One of them
(c) Half of them
(d) None of them
4. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A modern stoic
(c) A prig
(d) A pessimist
5. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
2. How old is Cecily?
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
5. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)