|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is careless
(c) It is unfortunate
(d) It is inconsequential
2. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was leather
(c) It was black
(d) It was torn at the side
3. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
4. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) Lady Bloxham
(b) His brother
(c) John Merrick
5. On what day is Jack leaving town?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
2. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
3. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
4. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)