|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) She has none
(c) Lady Bracknell
(d) Miss Prism
2. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(a) Liberal Unionist
(b) Social Democrat
3. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The dining room
(b) The carriage
(c) The garden
(d) The study
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how will Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
5. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) Her lessons
(b) Her spending
(c) His warnings
(d) The advances of boys
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
2. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
5. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)