|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The men are less observant
(b) The wine is better
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) There is less to do
2. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The railway guide
(b) The bell
(c) The cigarette holder
(d) The trivet
3. Who is Cecily's governess?
(a) Miss Prism
(c) She has none
(d) Lady Bracknell
4. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Pocketing silverware
(b) Quoting scripture
(c) Berating the servants publicly
(d) Abruptly reentering rooms
5. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
3. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
4. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)