|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he travels abroad
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he is in the country
(d) When he signs legal documents
2. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) She does not exist
(b) She is his ward
(c) They are siblings
(d) They are engaged
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 1000 pounds
(b) 700 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 200 pounds
5. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
3. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
4. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)