|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jack?
2. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 700 pounds
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 200 pounds
3. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Moral responsibility
(b) Respect for their betters
(d) Duty to country
4. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) There is less to do
(b) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(c) The men are less observant
(d) The wine is better
5. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) Her lessons
(b) His warnings
(c) Her spending
(d) The advances of boys
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
3. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
4. How old is Cecily?
5. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)