|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) He cannot explain their relationship
(b) He fears she would be jealous
(c) He would have to reveal his true name
(d) She has not asked
2. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) For advice
(b) For directions
(c) To marry him
(d) For money
3. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The wine is better
(b) The men are less observant
(c) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(d) There is less to do
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Having much and owing little
(c) Knowing much and knowing self
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
5. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he travels abroad
(b) When he is in town
(c) When he is in the country
(d) When he signs legal documents
Short Answer Questions
1. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
2. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
3. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
4. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
5. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)