|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Quoting scripture
(b) Berating the servants publicly
(c) Pocketing silverware
(d) Abruptly reentering rooms
2. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It was leather
(d) It was black
3. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A coffee and a biscuit
(b) A tea and a song
(c) A whiskey and a sanwich
(d) A sherry and a cigarette
4. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
5. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 700 pounds
(d) 200 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
3. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
4. On what day is Jack leaving town?
5. In what county is Jack's country house?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)