|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Cucumber Sandwich
(b) A Waltz
(d) A Proposal
2. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
3. Who is Cecily's governess?
(b) Lady Bracknell
(c) She has none
(d) Miss Prism
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(d) Trader Vic's
5. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is inconsequential
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is careless
(d) It is tragic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
5. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)