|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) He is her father
(b) They are siblings
(c) They are engaged
(d) She is his aunt
2. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Having much and owing little
(c) Knowing much and knowing self
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
3. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) None of them
(b) One of them
(c) All of them
(d) Half of them
4. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
5. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
2. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
4. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
5. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)