|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(c) Miss Prism
2. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is tragic
(b) It is careless
(c) It is unfortunate
(d) It is inconsequential
3. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
(a) When he is in town
(b) When he travels abroad
(c) When he signs legal documents
(d) When he is in the country
5. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) John Merrick
(c) His brother
(d) Lady Bloxham
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
4. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)