|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) She is his ward
(b) They are siblings
(c) They are engaged
(d) She does not exist
2. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(b) A Waltz
(c) A Cucumber Sandwich
(d) A Proposal
3. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
4. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Moral responsibility
(b) Duty to country
(c) Respect for their betters
5. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
2. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
3. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
4. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
5. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)