|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is unfortunate
(b) It is tragic
(c) It is careless
(d) It is inconsequential
2. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Duty to country
(b) Moral responsibility
(d) Respect for their betters
3. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the destination of his ticket
(b) It was the first word that came to mind
(c) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(d) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
4. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A tea and a song
(b) A whiskey and a sanwich
(c) A coffee and a biscuit
(d) A sherry and a cigarette
5. According to Lady Bracknell, how will Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) She will be wearing a veil
(b) It will be in the papers
(c) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(d) Hell will have frozen
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
2. How old is Jack?
3. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring?
4. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
5. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)