|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those you haven't met
(b) Those who enjoy your present
(c) Those with a willingness to lend money
(d) Those who choose not to speak
2. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) She has not asked
(b) He fears she would be jealous
(c) He would have to reveal his true name
(d) He cannot explain their relationship
3. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(c) Miss Prism
4. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
5. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Leviathan
(b) A Harpy
(c) A Gorgon
(d) A Minotaur
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
2. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
4. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
5. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)