|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(b) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(c) It was the destination of his ticket
(d) It was the first word that came to mind
2. In what town does the First Act take place?
3. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
4. How old is Cecily?
5. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
2. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
3. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
4. What relation is not popular at the present time?
5. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)