|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) Seeing them leave
(b) The gossip about his friends
(c) The ocassional loans
(d) Hearing them privately abused
3. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
4. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It had handles
(b) It was black
(c) It was leather
(d) It was torn at the side
5. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those who choose not to speak
(b) Those with a willingness to lend money
(c) Those you haven't met
(d) Those who enjoy your present
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
2. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
3. What relation is not popular at the present time?
4. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
5. In what town does the First Act take place?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)