|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(b) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) They are engaged
(c) He is her father
(d) They are siblings
3. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is careless
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is tragic
(d) It is inconsequential
4. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
(a) The Empire
(b) The Theatre
(c) The Games House
(d) The Club
5. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the destination of his ticket
(b) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(c) It was the first word that came to mind
(d) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
2. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
3. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
4. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)