|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
2. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) It will be in the papers
(b) Hell will have frozen
(c) She will be wearing a veil
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
3. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
4. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was black
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It had handles
(d) It was leather
5. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
3. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
4. In what county is Jack's country house?
5. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)