|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do servants steal more champagne in the houses of bachelors?
(a) The servants are never as drunk as their masters
(b) There is less to do
(c) The men are less observant
(d) The wine is better
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) They are siblings
(c) They are engaged
(d) He is her father
3. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
(a) A substantial dowry
(b) The handbag in which he was found
(c) His "brother's" credentials
(d) A lord to vouch for him
4. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A train compartment
(b) A news kiosk
(c) A cloak room
(d) A platform
5. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) John Merrick
(b) His brother
(d) Lady Bloxham
Short Answer Questions
1. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
2. What relation is not popular at the present time?
3. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)