|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
2. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Having much and owing little
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
4. What does Gwendolyn's brother ask all of his girlfriends?
(a) To marry him
(b) For money
(c) For advice
(d) For directions
5. How old is Cecily?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
2. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
3. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
4. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
5. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)