|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A pessimist
(b) A prig
(c) A rube
(d) A modern stoic
2. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(b) Trader Vic's
3. How often does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a month
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a season
4. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are engaged
(b) She is his aunt
(c) He is her father
(d) They are siblings
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Having much and owing little
(b) Making love and making peace
(c) Behaving well and feeling well
(d) Knowing much and knowing self
Short Answer Questions
1. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest?"
2. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
3. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
4. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once?"
5. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)