|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
2. What aspect of humanity is Jack sick of?
3. Who is growing too attached to Ernest, in Jack's opinion?
(a) Miss Prism
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) It will be in the papers
(b) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(c) Hell will have frozen
(d) She will be wearing a veil
5. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
(a) They are engaged
(b) They are siblings
(c) She does not exist
(d) She is his ward
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to what they should do after dinner?
2. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
3. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
4. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)