|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was black
(b) It was leather
(c) It had handles
(d) It was torn at the side
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(b) He must visit his invalid friend
(c) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(d) He has an equestrian event to attend
3. What, besides want of principle, is a sad deficiency in today's society, according to Lady Bracknell?
(a) Want of respect for one's elders
(b) Want of French cuisine
(c) Want of information
(d) Want of profile
4. According to Grigsby, who generally pays outstanding debts for the debtor?
(a) Their spouse
(b) A creditor
(c) Their relations
(d) The Church
5. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A coffee and a biscuit
(b) A sherry and a cigarette
(c) A tea and a song
(d) A whiskey and a sanwich
Short Answer Questions
1. Which train line was Jack left by in Victoria Station?
2. How many counties can one see from the hills of around the manor?
3. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
4. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
5. How does Lady Bracknell describe Miss Prism's appearance?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)