|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(b) He has an equestrian event to attend
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He must visit his invalid friend
2. Why did Cecily and Ernest break off their first engagement?
(a) She danced with another man
(b) He left for Australia
(c) He danced with another woman
(d) She was too young
3. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Having much and owing little
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Making love and making peace
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
4. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(a) Vulgar literature
(b) Rational dress for women
(d) Dissolution of the family
5. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
2. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
3. Whose "heretical" views does Chasuble cite when Jack states he does not think Baptism worthwhile?
4. What is the topic of the lecture Lord Bracknell is attending?
5. What does the eating of muffins by Algernon signify to Cecily?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)