|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) They are siblings
(b) She is his aunt
(c) He is her father
(d) They are engaged
2. According to Lady Bracknell, how will Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(c) She will be wearing a veil
(d) It will be in the papers
3. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
(a) Her spending
(b) Her lessons
(c) His warnings
(d) The advances of boys
4. What do Algernon and Jack whistle to get their women's attention?
(a) A Italian aria
(b) A German drinking song
(c) A British opera
(d) A French waltz
5. Which of these is not a description of the handbag in which Jack was found?
(a) It was leather
(b) It was torn at the side
(c) It was black
(d) It had handles
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of champagne did Algernon consume in its entirety?
2. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
3. Why does Lady Bracknell not approve of long engagements?
4. How does Lady Bracknell indicate her approval to both Cecily and Jack?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what should never occur in family of high society?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)