|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not a text that character's look through to find Jack's real name?
(a) The Green Carnation
(b) The Army List
(c) The Registry of Landowners
2. Whom does Jack cite as Cecily's lineage?
(a) William of Orange
(b) Louis XIV
(d) Thomas Cardew
3. What, according to Miss Prism, does Socialism lead to?
(b) Dissolution of the family
(c) Rational dress for women
(d) Vulgar literature
4. Who, according to Chasuble, are the only adults who should have compulsory baptism?
(a) Certain savage tribes
(b) The clergy
(d) The mentally deficient
5. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A rube
(b) A prig
(c) A modern stoic
(d) A pessimist
Short Answer Questions
1. After how long waiting for someone does Cecily generally grow impatient?
2. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
3. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
4. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
5. Why does Lady Bracknell return to the manor house in the last moment of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)