|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Quoting scripture
(b) Abruptly reentering rooms
(c) Berating the servants publicly
(d) Pocketing silverware
2. How old is Jack?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
(a) A prig
(b) A pessimist
(c) A rube
(d) A modern stoic
4. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was the destination of his ticket
(c) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(d) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
5. Why will Cecily not allow Algernon to read her diary?
(a) It is improper
(b) It is all about him
(c) She intends to publish it
(d) It is in secret language
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
2. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
3. What did Miss Prism intend to place in her handbag
4. Who is Cecily's governess?
5. Which is not a text that character's look through to find Jack's real name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)