|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) She will be wearing a veil
(c) It will be in the papers
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
2. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(b) Lady Bloxham
(c) John Merrick
(d) His brother
3. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Waltz
(b) A Cucumber Sandwich
(d) A Proposal
4. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) The gossip about his friends
(b) Seeing them leave
(c) The ocassional loans
(d) Hearing them privately abused
5. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
2. In reality, what it is the relationship between Cecily and Jack?
3. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
5. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)