|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was the destination of his ticket
(c) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(d) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
2. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) It will be in the papers
(c) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(d) She will be wearing a veil
3. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Knowing much and knowing self
(b) Making love and making peace
(c) Having much and owing little
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
4. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(d) Trader Vic's
5. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
2. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. In what town does the First Act take place?
5. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)