|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(b) A Waltz
(c) A Proposal
(d) A Cucumber Sandwich
2. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) His brother
(b) John Merrick
(d) Lady Bloxham
3. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Having much and owing little
(b) Behaving well and feeling well
(c) Knowing much and knowing self
(d) Making love and making peace
4. On what day is Jack leaving town?
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
(a) A cigarette case
(b) His hat
(c) A book
(d) An engagement ring
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
2. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
3. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
4. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
5. In what county is Jack's country house?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)