|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
(a) A sherry and a cigarette
(b) A whiskey and a sanwich
(c) A tea and a song
(d) A coffee and a biscuit
2. Who is Cecily's governess?
(b) Miss Prism
(c) Lady Bracknell
(d) She has none
3. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
(a) Those you haven't met
(b) Those who choose not to speak
(c) Those who enjoy your present
(d) Those with a willingness to lend money
4. To whom does Jack let his town house much of the year?
(a) Lady Bloxham
(b) His brother
(c) John Merrick
5. How does Lady Bracknell feel about Jack's having lost both of his parents?
(a) It is inconsequential
(b) It is unfortunate
(c) It is tragic
(d) It is careless
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
2. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
3. How does Algernon describe Lane at the end of the First Act?
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
5. In what perpetual state is Algernon, according to Jack?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)