|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Gwendolyn ask Jack to refrain from speaking?
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was the first word that came to mind
(b) It was the destination of his ticket
(c) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(d) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
3. How old is Jack?
4. What does Algernon find decidedly unromantic?
(a) A Proposal
(b) A Cucumber Sandwich
(c) A Waltz
5. To what composer does Algernon compare his Aunt's ring? Tchaikovsky
Short Answer Questions
1. What most attracts Gwendolyn to "Ernest"?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
3. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
4. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
5. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)