|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Respect for their betters
(b) Duty to country
(c) Moral responsibility
2. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
3. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
(a) Once a week
(b) Once a month
(d) Once a season
4. Which of the following is not a condition that Jack and Algernon consider to kill Ernest?
(b) A slight chill
5. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
(a) He must arrange her music
(b) They must attend a French farce together
(c) He must tend to her shrubbery
(d) He must rearrange her furniture
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
2. What is Lady Bracknell's first question for Jack?
3. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
4. What is Algernon enjoying at the end of the Act?
5. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)