|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lane present to Algernon while Jack sees Gwendolen out?
2. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
(a) The gossip about his friends
(b) The ocassional loans
(c) Hearing them privately abused
(d) Seeing them leave
3. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to where they should go after dinner?
(a) The Empire
(b) The Games House
(c) The Club
(d) The Theatre
4. What participle does Jack inadvertently substitute for "married" when he attempts to say "We must get married at once?"
5. Where does Algernon suggest dining instead of the Savoy?
(c) Trader Vic's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
2. With what Duchess does Lady Bracknell share a list of eligible English bachelors?
3. According to Algernon, what is the essence of romance?
4. When does Jack take the name of Ernest?
5. In what county is Jack's country house?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)