|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mythical creature does Jack compare Lady Bracknell to?
(a) A Minotaur
(b) A Leviathan
(c) A Gorgon
(d) A Harpy
2. Why does Mr. Thomas Cardew give baby Jack the surname Worthing?
(a) It was Cardew's mother's maiden name
(b) It is the name of Cardew's favorite footballer
(c) It was the first word that came to mind
(d) It was the destination of his ticket
3. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid, "Bunbury?"
4. According to Lady Bracknell, how will Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) It will be in the papers
(b) Hell will have frozen
(c) Lady Bracknell will inform her
(d) She will be wearing a veil
5. Which of these is not a suggestion that Algernon makes as to where they should go after dinner?
(a) The Club
(b) The Games House
(c) The Empire
(d) The Theatre
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
2. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
3. In what town does the First Act take place?
4. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
5. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)