|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
(a) She is his aunt
(b) They are siblings
(c) He is her father
(d) They are engaged
2. In what town does the First Act take place?
3. How many of the cucumber sandwiches does Algernon eat?
(a) All of them
(b) One of them
(c) Half of them
(d) None of them
4. Where does "Ernest" have a country house?
5. Why does Jack neglect to tell Gwendolen about the existence of Cecily?
(a) He fears she would be jealous
(b) She has not asked
(c) He would have to reveal his true name
(d) He cannot explain their relationship
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecily pay no attention to, according to Jack?
2. What adjective does Lady Bracknell use to describe Algernon's association with the invalid "Bunbury"?
3. What does Jack plan to do in the near future?
4. Who is Cecily's governess?
5. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)