|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) great and grate
(b) night and knight
(c) sow and sew
(d) dirth and death
2. What has Gwendolyn asked Lady Bracknell to refrain from?
(a) Pocketing silverware
(b) Berating the servants publicly
(c) Abruptly reentering rooms
(d) Quoting scripture
3. What does Miss Prism recommend to Chasuble?
(a) That he refrain from dairy
(b) That he take up learning German
(c) That he marry
(d) That they not walk together anymore
4. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) They were for Bunbury
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
5. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He yearns for it
(b) He relies on it
(c) He fears it
(d) He loathes it
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Prism's first name?
2. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
3. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
4. Which of the following is not an aspect of Algernon's character that Jack assails when he tells him to leave the manner
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)