|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Knowing much and knowing self
(c) Having much and owing little
(d) Behaving well and feeling well
2. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(b) German is a boorish language
(c) There is no profit in learning German
(d) Germany is overpopulated
3. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
4. What political affiliation does Jack claim?
(c) Social Democrat
(d) Liberal Unionist
5. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He must visit his invalid friend
(b) He has an equestrian event to attend
(c) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(d) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Lady Bracknell require of Algernon on Saturday?
2. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
3. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
4. Who are the most interesting people, according to Algernon?
5. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)