|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(b) She lost the manuscript
(c) She never finished it
(d) No publisher would take it
2. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) She forbids him
(b) She expects him
(c) He does not know what to say
(d) He fears her anger
3. Where in Victoria Station was the handbag with Jack in it discovered?
(a) A news kiosk
(b) A train compartment
(c) A cloak room
(d) A platform
4. What does Chasuble claim was the reference in his unintentionally romantic comment to Miss Prism?
5. What German writer is Cecily studying at the top of Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jack ask Chasuble to christen?
2. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother?"
3. How often does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
4. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
5. How old is Jack?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)