|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The cigarette holder
(b) The railway guide
(c) The bell
(d) The trivet
2. Where is Jack going to "kill" Ernest?
3. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) They were for Bunbury
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) He has been confused with another man
4. What vulgar people does Algernon suggest bandy about there business in cocktail parties?
5. Which two words do Miss Prism and Cecily confuse as they talk about Jack and his "brother"?
(a) night and knight
(b) great and grate
(c) sow and sew
(d) dirth and death
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of playing music, what is Algernon's forte?
2. In Act I, what relation does Jack claim to Cecily?
3. What is the only thing that allows Algernon to put up with his relatives?
4. How often does does Algernon suggest one should check on one's relations?
5. Why is Miss Prism concerned by Chasuble's being in the vestry?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)