|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lady Bracknell send Gwendolyn while she questions Jack?
(a) The carriage
(b) The dining room
(c) The garden
(d) The study
2. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
(a) He fears her anger
(b) She forbids him
(c) She expects him
(d) He does not know what to say
3. How does Algernon explain the money he owes for various dinners in London to Cecily?
(a) A large debt is a sign of wealth in London
(b) He has been confused with another man
(c) He runs a soup kitchen in the city
(d) They were for Bunbury
4. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) She lost the manuscript
(b) She never finished it
(c) No publisher would take it
(d) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
5. Who does Chasuble cite in chastising Algernon for gluttony?
(c) St. Paul
(d) St. Augustine
Short Answer Questions
1. In what county is Jack's country house?
2. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
3. With what does Grigsby present Algernon?
4. What does Jack tell Algernon has happened to Bunbury?
5. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)