|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(b) He has an equestrian event to attend
(c) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
(d) He must visit his invalid friend
2. What type of sandwich does Algernon take from Lane?
3. According to Lady Bracknell, how with Gwendolyn know when she is engaged?
(a) Hell will have frozen
(b) It will be in the papers
(c) She will be wearing a veil
(d) Lady Bracknell will inform her
4. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He fears it
(b) He loathes it
(c) He relies on it
(d) He yearns for it
5. Why was Miss Prism's novel never published?
(a) The editor stole the manuscript and published it himself
(b) No publisher would take it
(c) She never finished it
(d) She lost the manuscript
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gwendolyn decline sugar in her tea?
2. What adjective does Cecily use to describe the name Algernon?
3. As she copies Algernon's words into her diary, what does Cecily chastise him for doing?
4. Who is Cecily's governess?
5. What item did Jack leave in Algernon's house the last time he called?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)