|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom has Gwendolen already contacted about her betrothal to Ernest?
(a) Her father
(b) The Morning Post
(c) The Census Bureau
(d) Westminster Cathedral
2. How does Cecily characterize Algernon's corroboration of Jack's claim to having a brother?
3. How does Jack feel about affection?
(a) He loathes it
(b) He fears it
(c) He yearns for it
(d) He relies on it
4. According to Lady Bracknell, what two things rarely go together?
(a) Making love and making peace
(b) Behaving well and feeling well
(c) Knowing much and knowing self
(d) Having much and owing little
5. How does Merriman grab the attention of the lovers when Lady Bracknell arrives?
(a) Slamming the door
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Gwendolyn say she lost the respect of her mother?
2. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
3. What is Algernon eating at the end of the Act?
4. What relation is not popular at the present time?
5. Next to whose room does Merriman place Algernon's luggage?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)