|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack agrees to consent to Cecily's marriage when what happens?
(a) Pigs fly
(b) Cecily completes her education
(c) Lady Bracknell consents the Gwendolen's
(d) Alergnon pays Ernest's debts
2. What mission does Algernon give Cecily?
(a) To reform him
(b) To fethch him lunch
(c) To inquire after Gwendolen's health
(d) To intercept Jack's mail
3. Why does Algernon claim he left London before Monday?
(a) He has an appointment on Monday he wants to miss
(b) He must visit his invalid friend
(c) He has an equestrian event to attend
(d) He cannot stand the city during the weekends
4. What does Jack jokingly demand of Algernon after he discovers they are brothers?
(a) A kiss
(c) His house
5. About how much money does "Ernest" owe the Savoy?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 700 pounds
(c) 200 pounds
(d) 1000 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the act, why does Algernon not want to see Cecily in the garden?
2. What does Jack offer to present to Lady Bracknell in lieu of his parentage?
3. How does Algernon describe the day?
4. Why does Algernon suggest Jack not get christened?
5. How does Lady Bracknell characterize cloak rooms in general?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)