|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many trains does Lady Bracknell claim to have missed when she demands Gwendolen depart with her?
(a) One or two
(b) Well over fifteen
(c) Five or six
(d) Ten or eleven
2. When the Cecily and Gwendolen both discover that each is engaged to Ernest, what do they compare?
(a) Wedding notices
3. What item does Gwendolen take with her as she leaves?
(a) The bell
(b) The trivet
(c) The railway guide
(d) The cigarette holder
4. According to Algernon, what do the lower classes lack a sense of?
(a) Duty to country
(b) Respect for their betters
(c) Moral responsibility
5. What is Cecily's justification that she should not have to learn German?
(a) There is no profit in learning German
(b) Germany has done nothing for Britain
(c) Germany is overpopulated
(d) German is a boorish language
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chasuble fear Jack will do after Miss Prism's tale?
2. When Algernon arrives, under what name is he traveling?
3. What does Jack jokingly demand of Algernon after he discovers they are brothers?
4. Who is Cecily's solicitor?
5. What does Miss Prism announce she will do since Cecily is marrying?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)