|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the genocide in Karabakh that depopulated the area?
2. How do the people in Moscow feel about the Imperium?
3. How many religious icons were destroyed between 1917 and the 1990s?
4. How did the play portray the October Revolution?
5. What type of landscape does Central Asia have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Red Army and what Ryszard feels about it.
2. Describe the airport in Syktyvkar.
3. Describe Magadan.
4. Describe the Nationalist movement.
5. Describe the weather in Vorkuta.
6. Where did people work in Vorkuta, and what type of people worked there?
7. What is the role of the Imperium in Yakutsk?
8. Describe the Kremlin.
9. How did the mafia arise in Russia?
10. Describe the hotel atmosphere in Yakutsk.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What natural resources did the USSR have? Describe how these natural resources affected the lives of those who lived near them.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the importance of the Kremlin. How did Ryszard get in, and what were his observations once he entered the Kremlin?
Essay Topic 3
Even though the USSR had power over the southern republics, they still managed to hold onto some of their traditions. Describe some of the traditions and explain why it was important for the people to hold onto them.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)