|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people attended the meeting at the Vargashovska mine?
2. What does he feel about the people of Russia?
3. What did Fiodorov believe was the most important idea in Christianity?
4. Everything in Baku is what?
5. Who ruled the area under Khrushchev and Brezhnev?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the challenges Ryszard faced when he tried to fly to Nagorno-Karabkah?
2. Describe the Red Army and what Ryszard feels about it.
3. How did the mafia arise in Russia?
4. Describe the Nationalist movement.
5. What was the city of Baku like?
6. Describe Ryszard's observation on the Nationalist.
7. Describe the pros and cons of living in Yatusk.
8. What is the role of the Imperium in Yakutsk?
9. What where the crops in Uzbekistan like?
10. Where did people work in Vorkuta, and what type of people worked there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What natural resources did the USSR have? Describe how these natural resources affected the lives of those who lived near them.
Essay Topic 2
What led up to the collapse of the USSR? With the collapse predictable, and how did people react?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout this book, the people struggled against the suppression of the Communist regime. Explain what roles they took to fight back and whether or not they were successful.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)