|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to two out of three of Ryszard's contacts?
2. What did Ryszard carry with him?
3. What was Ufa like before the USSR stepped in?
4. What is the status of the Red Army?
5. What was happening at the meeting Ryszard attended at the Vargashovska mine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did people work in Vorkuta, and what type of people worked there?
2. Describe the hotel atmosphere in Yakutsk.
3. Describe the Kremlin.
4. Describe the feelings the elite in Moscow had for the Imperium.
5. What was the Karabakh are like?
6. Describe what happened in Ufa.
7. What were the people in Baku like?
8. What was a main problem that people faced with the cotton fields?
9. Describe the weather in Vorkuta.
10. Describe Ryszard's observation on the Nationalist.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the political changes that occurred between the first encounter Ryszard had with the imperium in the second. How did these changes affect the people? How did they affect the cities and buildings?
Essay Topic 2
Why were people in the USSR struggling with the concept of identity? What people groups were most affected by the concept of To identity and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the political and cultural perspective of the Armenians? Give examples of how some of their practices were similar to those of the Communist regime.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)