|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Armenia become a Christian country?
2. What is so genius about the Russians according to Ryszard?
3. What interrupted class time?
4. Who built the Temple of Christ the Savior?
5. Who is Ryszard flying next to on his trip from Yerevan through Tbilisi to Baku?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like living in Poland after September of 1939?
2. What happened to Ryszard and his mother and sister when they are traveling?
3. What are some of the concerns of the intelligencia?
4. What parts of the Soviet Union did Ryszard want to see?
5. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
6. What is Georgia like?
7. Why did Ryszard decide that he wanted to go back to the imperium?
8. What did Ryszard discover about the government in Armenia?
9. How did Armenia contribute to world literature?
10. What effect did the war have on Ryszard's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Siberia and northern Canada. Explain why the author made this comparison.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the three attitudes the author states foreigners take into the Soviet Union. Determine which attitude the author had, and explain why you believe this was his attitude.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Ryszard's childhood beginning with September 1939. Addressed this political situation, and described the educational system. What were some of the difficulties the author had to contend with during 1939 in 1940?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)