|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the mosque in Uzbekistan?
2. What, according to the author, is the European political philosophy regarding ethnocentrism?
3. When did Armenia become a Christian country?
4. When did Ryszard come across the Imperium for the second time?
5. What interrupted class time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the history of Moscow according to Chapter 4?
2. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
3. What did Ryszard discover about the government in Armenia?
4. Why did Ryszard decide that he wanted to go back to the imperium?
5. What was the history of the Temple of Christ the Savior between 1812 in 1883?
6. What did Rsyzard say about the borders in regard to ethnocentrism?
7. What is Georgia like?
8. How did Ryszard feel about the barbed wire barriers and dogs? What did they remind him of?
9. Describe Moscow in the late 1980s.
10. What happened to the Temple in the 20th century?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Ryszard's childhood beginning with September 1939. Addressed this political situation, and described the educational system. What were some of the difficulties the author had to contend with during 1939 in 1940?
Essay Topic 2
Even though the USSR had power over the southern republics, they still managed to hold onto some of their traditions. Describe some of the traditions and explain why it was important for the people to hold onto them.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the important the freedom of thought. How did it affect the people of the USSR? How is freedom of thought important to a culture on the whole?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)