|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children get after standing out all night in front of the candy store?
2. When the Berlin wall fall?
3. How do Ninnik and Ryszard view the city of Azerbaijan?
4. How does Ryszard act in the classroom?
5. What political studies did Ryszard have in first grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ryszard and his mother and sister when they are traveling?
2. Why was the mosque in Uzbekistan so unique?
3. How did the author feel Siberia contrasted from Canada?
4. What was happening to the buildings in town?
5. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
6. What is Georgia like?
7. What did Rsyzard say about the borders in regard to ethnocentrism?
8. What parts of the Soviet Union did Ryszard want to see?
9. What was school like for Ryszard?
10. Describe Moscow in the late 1980s.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What natural resources did the USSR have? Describe how these natural resources affected the lives of those who lived near them.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the three attitudes the author states foreigners take into the Soviet Union. Determine which attitude the author had, and explain why you believe this was his attitude.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Siberia and northern Canada. Explain why the author made this comparison.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)