|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Starovoytova's job?
(a) She conducts tours.
(b) She runs a boarding house.
(c) She tries to make peace between the Armenians and the Azerbaijanis.
(d) She's a historian.
2. How many counties was Turkestan split into by the Bolsheviks in 1924?
3. What is Vorkuta known as?
(a) It's known as a good place for business.
(b) It's known a the happiest place on Earth.
(c) It's known an ideal place to raise a family.
(d) It's known as a holy place of martyrdom.
4. What happened to two out of three of Ryszard's contacts?
(a) They were delayed.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were dead.
(d) They refused to speak to him.
5. According to Shalamov, what is the West built on?
(a) Ruthless subordination
(b) The army
(c) Creative invention
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ryszard do when he returns to Moscow from Magadan?
2. How did the play portray the October Revolution?
3. What problem did Ufa face?
4. What weather did Ryszard encounter when he flew into Vorkuta?
5. What did Fiodorov believe was the most important idea in Christianity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a main problem that people faced with the cotton fields?
2. Describe what happened to the region around the Aral Sea between 1970 and 1990.
3. What were the people in Baku like?
4. Why did some of the people who lived under the USSR struggle with nationality?
5. Describe the Nationalist movement.
6. What where the crops in Uzbekistan like?
7. What was the city of Baku like?
8. What is the role of the Imperium in Yakutsk?
9. Describe Ryszard's observation on the Nationalist.
10. What did the actor in the play say about Russia and the October Revolution?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)