|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fills the Caucasus?
(a) A movement to support the government
(b) A feeling of hope
(c) Blood revolts
(d) Peaceful protests
2. What movement is spreading across the land?
3. Why couldn't Ryszard tell the story that he tells in Chapter 15 earlier in the book?
(a) He wanted to double-check his facts.
(b) He needed to get permission to tell the story from the people in it.
(c) He would have endangered those who helped him.
(d) He didn't know the ending.
4. What are the people like in the hotel?
(a) They try to make it a home away from home.
(b) They fight easily, but otherwise are cold and rude.
(c) They cater to the traveler's every need.
(d) They are friendly, but leave the traveler up to their own devices.
5. What is the status of the Red Army?
(a) The Red Army is nonexistent.
(b) The Red Army is stronger than ever.
(c) The Red Army is in terrible shape.
(d) The Red Army is struggling but gradually gaining power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ryszard pretend to be in order to fly?
2. When was the genocide in Karabakh that depopulated the area?
3. Why was it difficult getting Ryszard back to the airport?
4. What was a positive aspect of the churches?
5. How many religious icons were destroyed between 1917 and the 1990s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Magadan.
2. What was a main problem that people faced with the cotton fields?
3. Describe the Kremlin.
4. What were the people in Baku like?
5. What did Ryszard notice about the Kremlin?
6. What was the city of Baku like?
7. What were some of the challenges Ryszard faced when he tried to fly to Nagorno-Karabkah?
8. What is the role of the Imperium in Yakutsk?
9. What where the crops in Uzbekistan like?
10. Describe the pros and cons of living in Yatusk.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)