|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the soldiers take from them?
2. Who controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s?
(a) The BolsheviksThe local armend forces control Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(b) No-one controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(c) The Red Party controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(d) The local armend forces control Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
3. What type of protests did Ryszard observe in the Georgians?
(a) They used starvation protests.
(b) They had a very Eastern form of protest with sit-ins.
(c) They relied on violence
(d) They didn't believe in protests.
4. What happened to the churches in Moscow during the Bolshevik revolution?
(a) The Bolsheviks turned them into museums
(b) The Bolsheviks demolished them.
(c) The Bolsheviks protected them.
(d) The Bolsheviks built onto them.
5. How old are some of the churches Ryszard visits in Georgia?
(a) All the old churches were destroyed.
(b) Some date back to the fifteenth century.
(c) Some date back to the tenth century.
(d) Some date back to the sixth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so genius about the Russians according to Ryszard?
2. What was unique about the mosque in Uzbekistan?
3. Who does Ryszard site with in Azerbaijan?
4. What has Baku been known for during the past 1,000 years?
5. Who built the Temple of Christ the Savior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Rsyzard's overall viewpoint on his traveling situation on the train?
2. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
3. What happened to the Temple in the 20th century?
4. What was school like for Ryszard?
5. What were the people of Georgia like, according to the author's observations?
6. What are some of the concerns of the intelligencia?
7. How did Armenia contribute to world literature?
8. What was the history of the Temple of Christ the Savior between 1812 in 1883?
9. What was it like living in Poland after September of 1939?
10. What was Ryszard's reaction to the landscape in Siberia?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)