|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were people sent to Siberia?
(a) It was a land of great job opportunity.
(b) It was filled with cultural wonders.
(c) They were being punished.
(d) It was a great vacation escape.
2. How do Ninnik and Ryszard view the city of Azerbaijan?
(a) They view the city using maps from ancient and modern texts.
(b) They view the city from an airplane.
(c) They view the city from a mountain at night.
(d) They view the city from a mountain at the height of the day.
3. What did Ryszard find in Georgia?
(a) He found people starving in the streets.
(b) He found ancient Christian icons, frescoes, and whitewashed remains of churches.
(c) He found a prosperous community.
(d) He found that the churches were obliterated.
4. What happened to the beautiful Pink church?
(a) It caught on fire.
(b) It collapsed without warning.
(c) They built a new addition.
(d) It was destroyed by cannon fire.
5. What was happening to the USSR's political system?
(a) It was thriving.
(b) It was a perfect model for other countries.
(c) It looked like a relic.
(d) It was stable, but not thriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Georgia appear to Ryszard compared to Armenia?
2. What has Baku been known for during the past 1,000 years?
3. Where was Ryszard's father?
4. What interrupted class time?
5. What did people think would have happened if Trotsky had beaten Stalin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Armenia contribute to world literature?
2. What was the history of the Temple of Christ the Savior between 1812 in 1883?
3. What happened to Ryszard and his mother and sister when they are traveling?
4. What is Georgia like?
5. What were the people of Georgia like, according to the author's observations?
6. Why did Ryszard decide that he wanted to go back to the imperium?
7. What was unique about the women in Tajikstan, and was their uniqueness easy to come by?
8. What is the new Armenia like?
9. What was Ryszard's reaction to the landscape in Siberia?
10. What happened to the Temple in the 20th century?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)