|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ryszard smell in the air in Baku?
2. How old is Ryszard when he is caught by the Soviet soldiers?
3. What was another nickname for Moscow before 1812?
(a) City of Peace
(b) The Jewel in the Crown
(c) Third Rome
(d) Land of the Eagles
4. What towns do the travelers go through on their journey?
(a) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Chelyabinsk
(b) Omsk, Chelyabinsk, and Zarinsk
(c) Molot, Koziovo, and Ossinniki
(d) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Bugotak
5. What does Ryszard see getting loaded onto the trains?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about the mosque in Uzbekistan?
2. How old are some of the churches Ryszard visits in Georgia?
3. What does Ryszard discover about the Armenian political system?
4. What does Ryszard think about nomadism?
5. What were the passengers on the train like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like living in Poland after September of 1939?
2. What effect did the war have on Ryszard's family?
3. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
4. What was happening to the buildings in town?
5. Why was the mosque in Uzbekistan so unique?
6. What is Georgia like?
7. What did Ryszard learn from Leonid P during his travels to Baku?
8. How did Ryszard feel about the barbed wire barriers and dogs? What did they remind him of?
9. What is the new Armenia like?
10. What did Rsyzard say about the borders in regard to ethnocentrism?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)