|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the scarves the children wear have on them?
(a) Their names
(b) Prints of Russian leaders
(c) No prints were allowed.
(d) The school colors
2. What is the atmosphere when the plane lands and people from Armenia meet with their families?
(a) It's just like any other day since they see each other so frequently.
(b) The atmosphere is tense since they know the relatives are hesitant to meet them.
(c) They are overjoyed since they have not seen each other in a very long time.
(d) They are wary of their reception.
3. What was the food like in Ryszard's life?
(a) It was plentiful.
(b) They had every choice of food imaginable.
(c) It was fine if you like eating only potatoes.
(d) It was scarce.
4. How many republics did the Soviet Union have when Ryszard wanted to visit in the late 1980s?
5. What was the winter like in 1939-1940 in Pinsk?
(a) It felt like summer.
(b) It was mild.
(c) It was tolerable.
(d) It was terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ryszard's third encounter with the Imperium?
2. What was happening to the USSR's political system?
3. What era was that during Ryszard's last visit?
4. Who lives in the countryside of Ashkhabad?
5. What do the red banners signify to the travelers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ryszard's reaction to the landscape in Siberia?
2. Why did Ryszard decide that he wanted to go back to the imperium?
3. What are some of the concerns of the intelligencia?
4. What was the history of Moscow according to Chapter 4?
5. What was it like living in Poland after September of 1939?
6. How did Armenia contribute to world literature?
7. What did Ryszard realize about the USSR's power during his third encounter with the Imperium?
8. What is the new Armenia like?
9. What happened to Ryszard and his mother and sister when they are traveling?
10. What were the people of Georgia like, according to the author's observations?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)