|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ruled the area under Khrushchev and Brezhnev?
(a) County police
(b) The Bolsheviks
(c) Russified locals
(d) The Red Army
2. How do the people in Moscow feel about the Imperium?
(a) They want to maintain it even though it doesn't have any attachment to the people's interests.
(b) They violently oppose it.
(c) They wish it weren't around.
(d) They want to maintain it because it is an integral part of their lives.
3. What types of illness did the people fight in Muynak?
(a) polio and jaundice
(b) measles and dysentery
(c) polio and dysentery
(d) Jaundice and dysentery
4. What movement is spreading across the land?
5. When was the genocide in Karabakh that depopulated the area?
6. What does Ryszard pretend to be in order to fly?
(a) A pilot
(b) A member of the government
(c) A soldier
(d) A businessman
7. Who dominates the republic of Yakutia?
(a) The police
(b) The army
(c) The locals
(d) The Imperium
8. What did they do before the meeting?
(a) They elected a new president.
(b) They watched sports on an old television.
(c) They performed a traditional ritual.
(d) They reviewed the notes for the meeting.
9. How did the actor feel about the Jews?
(a) He loved them.
(b) He was enraged by them.
(c) He felt a connection to them.
(d) He felt sorry for them.
10. What percent of the miners lived to the age of 50?
11. What happened to the port town of Muynak between 1970 and 1990?
(a) It became a thriving business area.
(b) It struggled to keep up with the quickly-changing international shipping standards.
(c) It became the center of commerce for the region.
(d) It became a deserted town in the middle of the desert.
12. How did Galina Starovoytova in Moscow help Ryszard?
(a) She helped him obtain a fake passport?
(b) She cooked for him.
(c) She set him up with contacts.
(d) She helped him with local transportation.
13. What seems like it will collapse like the USSR?
(a) The Republic
(b) The Russian Federation
14. How did the play portray the October Revolution?
(a) As a mistake
(b) As a time for great celebration
(c) As an international conspiracy against the Russian nation
(d) As a turning point in history
15. All of the following were active mafia groups in the former USSR except for which:
(a) Caucasian mafia
(b) Nationalist mafia
(c) Russian mafia
(d) Asiatic mafia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main people group of Kolyma?
2. What were many of the agreements and disagreements over?
3. What becomes a symbol of sanctuary from oppression in Bashkir?
4. According to the author, how much of Central Asia was ruined by the Imperium?
5. According to Ryszard, if the Russian people are united by land, can they be united by blood with the Imperium?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)