|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ryszard' destination?
(c) St. Petersburg
2. What does Ryszard think about the immensity of Russia?
(a) It has a positive effect on Russians because it demands concentration.
(b) It has a negative effect on Russians because it doesn't demand concentration.
(c) It makes Russians anxious to explore new territories.
(d) It makes Russians relax and let down their guards.
3. What is the atmosphere when the plane lands and people from Armenia meet with their families?
(a) The atmosphere is tense since they know the relatives are hesitant to meet them.
(b) They are overjoyed since they have not seen each other in a very long time.
(c) It's just like any other day since they see each other so frequently.
(d) They are wary of their reception.
4. What did Moscow looked like to Ryszard when he visited during the late 1980s?
(a) Moscow was filled with rubble and war debris.
(b) Moscow was a remnant of its former glory.
(c) Moscow was vast and uncluttered.
(d) Moscow was overrun with people and buildings.
5. What is deportation?
(a) Sending someone away from their native land
(b) Taking someone to a different shipping port
(c) Moving someone to a different home in the same town
(d) Sending someone on vacation
6. What appears when the travelers get near Moscow?
(b) Constant sunshine
(d) Frozen lakes
7. What was the prominent religious belief portrayed in Chapter 5?
8. What do the peoples use to establish order?
(a) Regular peace talks
(b) Strict laws and government-approved lawyers
(c) Solid business plans
9. How long was the Temple of Christ the Savior in operation?
(a) 48 years
(b) 200 years
(c) Eight years
(d) 75 years
10. How does Rsyzard view Siberia?
(a) He finds it icy and sinister.
(b) He finds it welcoming.
(c) He finds it beautiful.
(d) He finds it haunting.
11. What is the Armenian intelligentsia concerned about maintaining?
(a) Health standards
(b) Armenian culture
(c) Job opportunities
(d) Military stratagems
12. What towns do the travelers go through on their journey?
(a) Omsk, Chelyabinsk, and Zarinsk
(b) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Chelyabinsk
(c) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Bugotak
(d) Molot, Koziovo, and Ossinniki
13. Who lives in the countryside of Ashkhabad?
(a) The poor live in the countryside.
(b) The scholars live in the countryside.
(c) The wealthy live in the countryside.
(d) Ryszard lives in the countryside.
14. What does Ryszard think about nomadism?
(a) He thinks nomads are the key to world education.
(b) He maintains that nomads are the key to crime in society.
(c) He maintains that nomads are a detriment to society.
(d) He maintains that human civilization can't exist without the nomad.
15. What do they find in Zabaykal-sk?
(a) Barbed wire, dangerous dogs, and sentries
(b) Nothing aside from an empty station
(c) Welcoming crowds
Short Answer Questions
1. What railroad was Ryszard traveling on the second time he encountered the Imperium?
2. Why were people sent to Siberia?
3. What was another nickname for Moscow before 1812?
4. Who does the intelligentsia want to make peace among?
5. How do Ninnik and Ryszard view the city of Azerbaijan?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)