|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ryszard travel with in Armenia?
(a) He travels with a sculptor and a composer.
(b) He travels with a travel guide.
(c) He travels with a business man and a former soldier.
(d) He travels with a priest.
2. What do the red banners signify to the travelers?
(a) They are variations of the swastika flags.
(b) They copy the country's flag.
(c) They are welcoming the travelers into the Soviet Union.
(d) They are reminders of bloodshed in the past.
3. How old are some of the churches Ryszard visits in Georgia?
(a) All the old churches were destroyed.
(b) Some date back to the fifteenth century.
(c) Some date back to the tenth century.
(d) Some date back to the sixth century.
4. What towns do the travelers go through on their journey?
(a) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Chelyabinsk
(b) Molot, Koziovo, and Ossinniki
(c) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Bugotak
(d) Omsk, Chelyabinsk, and Zarinsk
5. What does Ryszard think about nomadism?
(a) He thinks nomads are the key to world education.
(b) He maintains that human civilization can't exist without the nomad.
(c) He maintains that nomads are a detriment to society.
(d) He maintains that nomads are the key to crime in society.
6. When did Armenia become a Christian country?
7. What is the Armenian intelligentsia concerned about maintaining?
(a) Armenian culture
(b) Military stratagems
(c) Health standards
(d) Job opportunities
8. What honor did the guests have when Ryszard stayed near Frunze?
(a) The guests ate the heart from the boiled sheep head.
(b) The guests viewed the traditional dance.
(c) The guests ate the brain from the boiled sheep head.
(d) The guests ate the eyes from the boiled sheep head.
9. How many republics did the Soviet Union have when Ryszard wanted to visit in the late 1980s?
10. Where was Ryszard traveling during the third encounter?
(a) He was on a cruise on the Sea of Okhotsk
(b) He was on an expedition across the severn southern republics of the former USSR.
(c) He was touring Siberia.
(d) He was heading from Moscow back to Poland.
11. What is Aremenian behavior similar to, according to the author?
(a) It's very similar to the previous Soviet regime.
(b) It's similar to Bolshevik's.
(c) It's similar to the government in the United States.
(d) It's similar a republic.
12. How does Ryszard feel about the imperium?
(a) He is confident that it can be democratized.
(b) He is skeptical that it can be communized.
(c) He is skeptical that it can be democratized.
(d) He is confident that it can become a communized.
13. How tall was the Temple of Christ the Savior?
(a) 13 stories tall
(b) 2 stories tall
(c) 30 stories tall
(d) 20 stories tall
14. What was happening to the USSR's political system?
(a) It looked like a relic.
(b) It was thriving.
(c) It was a perfect model for other countries.
(d) It was stable, but not thriving.
15. What were the passengers on the train like?
(a) Everyone shared their life stories.
(b) Everyone made up stories.
(c) Everyone laughed and told jokes.
(d) Everyone was quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What railroad was Ryszard traveling on the second time he encountered the Imperium?
2. What happened to the beautiful Pink church?
3. How does Rsyzard view Siberia?
4. What was Ryszard' destination?
5. What did the soldiers offer Ryszard and his friends?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)