|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ninnik and Ryszard view the city of Azerbaijan?
(a) They view the city using maps from ancient and modern texts.
(b) They view the city from an airplane.
(c) They view the city from a mountain at the height of the day.
(d) They view the city from a mountain at night.
2. What did Ryszard find in Georgia?
(a) He found a prosperous community.
(b) He found people starving in the streets.
(c) He found that the churches were obliterated.
(d) He found ancient Christian icons, frescoes, and whitewashed remains of churches.
3. What was Ryszard's final stop in Chapter 3?
4. When was Ryszard's third encounter with the Imperium?
5. What era was that during Ryszard's last visit?
(a) It was the Brezhnev era.
(b) It was the Lenin era.
(c) It was the Stalin era.
(d) It was the Bolshevik era.
6. What happened to the churches in Moscow during the Bolshevik revolution?
(a) The Bolsheviks protected them.
(b) The Bolsheviks built onto them.
(c) The Bolsheviks turned them into museums
(d) The Bolsheviks demolished them.
7. What is the condition of the city in Georgia?
(a) It is overcrowded.
(b) It's filled with wealth and beauty.
(c) It's struggling to survive.
(d) It's a thriving cultural center.
8. What political studies did Ryszard have in first grade?
9. Who does Ryszard travel with in Armenia?
(a) He travels with a travel guide.
(b) He travels with a priest.
(c) He travels with a business man and a former soldier.
(d) He travels with a sculptor and a composer.
10. When did Ryszard come across the Imperium for the second time?
11. How does Ryszard act in the classroom?
(a) He asks lots of questions to show how smart he is.
(b) He doesn't ask questions for fear of reprisal.
(c) He never knows the answers.
(d) He is the class clown.
12. Who controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s?
(a) The local armend forces control Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(b) The BolsheviksThe local armend forces control Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(c) The Red Party controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
(d) No-one controls Armenia in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
13. Who lives in the countryside of Ashkhabad?
(a) The poor live in the countryside.
(b) The wealthy live in the countryside.
(c) Ryszard lives in the countryside.
(d) The scholars live in the countryside.
14. What interrupted class time?
(b) Ryszard's fell over in his chair.
(c) The class pet escaping
(d) Air raids
15. Who is Ryszard flying next to on his trip from Yerevan through Tbilisi to Baku?
(a) Ryszard is sitting next to a member of the Russian mafia.
(b) Ryszard is sitting next to a mother with a baby who won't keep quiet.
(c) Ryszard is sitting next to a Moscow Democrat that represents people who are products of perestroika.
(d) Ryszard is sitting next to a former Red Army soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Baku been known for during the past 1,000 years?
2. What did the soldiers take from them?
3. What was happening to the USSR's political system?
4. What did the soldiers offer Ryszard and his friends?
5. Where was Ryszard's father?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)