|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, From a Bird's Eye View, 1989-1991, Chapter 6, We Look, We Cry, Chapter 7, The Man on the Asphalt Mountain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the countries in the Caucasus feel about each other?
(a) They don't know much about each other.
(b) They are appreciative of the friendship among the countries.
(c) They view each other as business partners.
(d) They are filled with suppressed rage over competing interests.
2. What interrupted class time?
(a) Ryszard's fell over in his chair.
(b) Air raids
(c) The class pet escaping
3. Where was Ryszard traveling during the third encounter?
(a) He was touring Siberia.
(b) He was on a cruise on the Sea of Okhotsk
(c) He was heading from Moscow back to Poland.
(d) He was on an expedition across the severn southern republics of the former USSR.
4. What did people think would have happened if Trotsky had beaten Stalin?
(a) They thought that democracy would have failed.
(b) They thought that communism would have failed.
(c) They thought that democracy would have triumphed.
(d) They thought that communism would have triumphed.
5. Which geographic location was considered the threshold of Central Asia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the prominent religious belief portrayed in Chapter 5?
2. How does Rsyzard view Siberia?
3. What did the children get after standing out all night in front of the candy store?
4. What were the passengers on the train like?
5. How many republics did the Soviet Union have when Ryszard wanted to visit in the late 1980s?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)