|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, From a Bird's-Eye View, 1989-1991, Chapter 4, The Third Rome, Chapter 5, The Temple and the Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What towns do the travelers go through on their journey?
(a) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Chelyabinsk
(b) Novosibirsk, Omsk, and Bugotak
(c) Omsk, Chelyabinsk, and Zarinsk
(d) Molot, Koziovo, and Ossinniki
2. What was happening to the USSR's political system?
(a) It looked like a relic.
(b) It was thriving.
(c) It was stable, but not thriving.
(d) It was a perfect model for other countries.
3. How long did it take to destroy the Temple of Christ the Savior?
(a) Three years
(b) Four months
(c) Two weeks
(d) Half a day
4. What did Moscow looked like to Ryszard when he visited during the late 1980s?
(a) Moscow was filled with rubble and war debris.
(b) Moscow was overrun with people and buildings.
(c) Moscow was vast and uncluttered.
(d) Moscow was a remnant of its former glory.
5. What is deportation?
(a) Sending someone on vacation
(b) Moving someone to a different home in the same town
(c) Sending someone away from their native land
(d) Taking someone to a different shipping port
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they destroy the Temple of Christ the Savior?
2. What does Ryszard discover about the Armenian political system?
3. What were the passengers on the train like?
4. What honor did the guests have when Ryszard stayed near Frunze?
5. What did the children get after standing out all night in front of the candy store?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)