|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, From a Bird's-Eye View, 1989-1991, Chapter 4, The Third Rome, Chapter 5, The Temple and the Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they destroy the Temple of Christ the Savior?
(a) They took it down manually, piece by piece.
(b) They used cannons.
(c) They set it on fire.
(d) They used dynamite.
2. What language does Ryszard learn in first grade?
3. What does Ryszard think about the immensity of Russia?
(a) It has a positive effect on Russians because it demands concentration.
(b) It makes Russians relax and let down their guards.
(c) It has a negative effect on Russians because it doesn't demand concentration.
(d) It makes Russians anxious to explore new territories.
4. What were the passengers on the train like?
(a) Everyone was quiet.
(b) Everyone laughed and told jokes.
(c) Everyone made up stories.
(d) Everyone shared their life stories.
5. What honor did the guests have when Ryszard stayed near Frunze?
(a) The guests viewed the traditional dance.
(b) The guests ate the eyes from the boiled sheep head.
(c) The guests ate the heart from the boiled sheep head.
(d) The guests ate the brain from the boiled sheep head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which geographic location was considered the threshold of Central Asia?
2. How long did it take to destroy the Temple of Christ the Savior?
3. What are the main religions of Azerbaijan?
4. How did people of Moscow regard speech?
5. What was unique about the mosque in Uzbekistan?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)