Part I, First Encounters, Chapter 1, Pinsk, '39'
• War breaks out
• Ryszard and his mother and sister are captured by the Soviets
• Ryszard studies Russian and Leninism in school
• Ryszard sees people getting deported
• Ryszard's father visits them while on the run.
• Classmates begin to get deported
• Buildings get destroyed
• Food becomes scarce
Part I, First Encounters, Chapter 2, The Trans-Siberian
• Ryszard takes a trip on the Trans-Siberian Railway to Moscow.
• Soldiers search the travelers and take their books.
• Ryszard finds Siberia icy and sinister.
• Ryszard compares Siberia to Northern Canada.
• People don't communicate during the ride.
• Ryszard reflects on the resiliency of the Russian people in harsh conditions.
• The train arrives in Moscow, and they begin to see green.
Part I, First Encounters, Chapter 3, The South, '67
• Ryszard has his thrid encounter with the Imperium in 1967 during an expedition across the seven southern republics of the former USSR...
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)