|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
2. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
5. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in beliefs and ideals that Nat and Midge have on romance, love, and sex? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
Describe who Clara was named after. What is the meaning of this story that Nat tells? How does it relate his character as well as hers?
Essay Topic 3
How does Nat feel about his daughter's ideals? What has changed in their relationship? How does Clara feel about her father?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)