|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
4. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
5. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the journey that Midge goes on through the play. How does he change through his friendship with Nat? What has altered his character?
Essay Topic 2
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how symbolically Midge gains his "sight" throughout the play. What has he been blind to, and how does he overcome that blindness?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)