|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
3. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
4. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
5. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 2
What is Clara's role in the plot of I'm Not Rappaport? How does she propel the action? Describe this character.
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)