|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
2. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
3. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
4. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 2
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the journey that Nat has gone through in the course of the play. How has Midge changed him? What elements of his personality are altered and why?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)