|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
2. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
5. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
Essay Topic 1
How do Nat's political beliefs inform his character? What does Socialism mean to Nat? What does it mean to Midge? Clara?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the journey that Nat has gone through in the course of the play. How has Midge changed him? What elements of his personality are altered and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character Laurie. What does she represent to Midge and Nat? What does she represent to the play as a whole (allegorically, symbolically)?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)