|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge tell the Cowboy he can see "with a hat on it"?
2. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
4. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
5. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the journey that Midge goes on through the play. How does he change through his friendship with Nat? What has altered his character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how symbolically Midge gains his "sight" throughout the play. What has he been blind to, and how does he overcome that blindness?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)