|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Cowboy call Midge?
2. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
3. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
5. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Laurie. What does she represent to Midge and Nat? What does she represent to the play as a whole (allegorically, symbolically)?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how symbolically Midge gains his "sight" throughout the play. What has he been blind to, and how does he overcome that blindness?
Essay Topic 3
Who can be seen as an allegorical symbol representing gang violence in New York in the 1980s? How?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)