|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
2. Who is alone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
4. How long did Nat work at his true profession?
5. What is Midge doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the journey that Nat has gone through in the course of the play. How has Midge changed him? What elements of his personality are altered and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how symbolically Midge gains his "sight" throughout the play. What has he been blind to, and how does he overcome that blindness?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)