|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
2. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
3. Where does Act 2 begin?
4. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
5. What is Clara's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clara say that Nat did at the butcher's? Why did he do it?
2. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
3. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
4. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
5. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
6. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
7. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
8. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
10. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Nat feel about his daughter's ideals? What has changed in their relationship? How does Clara feel about her father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)