|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat say he gets from the back door at the Plaza Hotel every morning?
2. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
3. How many children does Clara have?
4. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
5. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
2. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
3. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
4. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
5. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
6. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
7. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
8. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
9. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
10. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)