|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
2. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
3. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
4. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
5. How did Nat become injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
2. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
3. What does Nat do at the end of the play? Why?
4. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
5. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
6. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
7. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
8. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
9. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
10. What are the code names of Midge and Nat? Why must Midge be there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
What is Clara's role in the plot of I'm Not Rappaport? How does she propel the action? Describe this character.
Essay Topic 3
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)