|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
2. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
3. Which character says, "I haven't been arrested for ten years, I'm obviously worthless!"?
4. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
5. How old is Midge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the carousel represent in the play?
2. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
3. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
4. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
5. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
6. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
7. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
8. What is Midge's reaction to the mugging by Gilley? What does he think about Nat's treatment of the situation?
9. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
10. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in beliefs and ideals that Nat and Midge have on romance, love, and sex? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 3
In the argument Nat and Midge have about who is invisible who is right? Do you think that Nat is more visible because he "proves" it, or is he just as invisible as Midge?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)