|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge pretend to do when he first sees Nat in Act 2?
2. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
3. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
4. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
5. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Midge's reaction to the mugging by Gilley? What does he think about Nat's treatment of the situation?
2. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
3. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
4. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
5. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
6. What does the carousel represent in the play?
7. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
8. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
9. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
10. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Clara's role in the plot of I'm Not Rappaport? How does she propel the action? Describe this character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 3
How do Nat's political beliefs inform his character? What does Socialism mean to Nat? What does it mean to Midge? Clara?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)