|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Where does Nat say he was approached to be an undercover agent?
3. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
4. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
5. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
2. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
3. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
4. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
5. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
6. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
7. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
8. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
9. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
10. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the journey that Nat has gone through in the course of the play. How has Midge changed him? What elements of his personality are altered and why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
Essay Topic 3
In the argument Nat and Midge have about who is invisible who is right? Do you think that Nat is more visible because he "proves" it, or is he just as invisible as Midge?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)