|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
4. Which character says, "I haven't been arrested for ten years, I'm obviously worthless!"?
5. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
2. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
3. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
4. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
5. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
6. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
7. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
8. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
9. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
10. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
Essay Topic 3
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)