|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
2. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
3. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
4. Where does Nat say he was approached to be an undercover agent?
5. What is Midge's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
2. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge work from? Who do they work for?
3. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
4. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
5. What are the code names of Midge and Nat? Why must Midge be there?
6. What does Nat do at the end of the play? Why?
7. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
8. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
9. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
10. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character Laurie. What does she represent to Midge and Nat? What does she represent to the play as a whole (allegorically, symbolically)?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)