|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Where did Nat used to give speeches?
3. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
4. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How did Nat become injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
2. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
3. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
4. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
5. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
6. How does the Cowboy react to Midge's weapon?
7. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
8. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
9. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
10. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Midge and Nat. How are they similar? What differences do they have? How do their social, political, economic, and fantasy worlds relate?
Essay Topic 2
Who can be seen as an allegorical symbol representing gang violence in New York in the 1980s? How?
Essay Topic 3
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)