|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
2. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
3. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
4. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
5. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
2. Why does the Cowboy not believe Nat?
3. What does the carousel represent in the play?
4. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge work from? Who do they work for?
5. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
6. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
7. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
8. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
9. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
10. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character Laurie. What does she represent to Midge and Nat? What does she represent to the play as a whole (allegorically, symbolically)?
Essay Topic 2
What is the allegorical reference of Danforth? What societal concept or idea does this character represent? How? How does his interaction with the protagonists affect their fate?
Essay Topic 3
What is Clara's role in the plot of I'm Not Rappaport? How does she propel the action? Describe this character.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)