|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Clara?
2. Where does Act 2 begin?
3. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
4. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
5. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
2. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
3. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
4. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
5. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
6. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
7. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
9. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
10. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
Essay Topic 3
Describe who Clara was named after. What is the meaning of this story that Nat tells? How does it relate his character as well as hers?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)