|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
2. How is Clara related to Nat?
3. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
4. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
5. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
2. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
3. What does Clara say that Nat did at the butcher's? Why did he do it?
4. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
5. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
6. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
7. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
8. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
9. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
10. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
Essay Topic 2
What is the allegorical reference of Danforth? What societal concept or idea does this character represent? How? How does his interaction with the protagonists affect their fate?
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)