|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
2. How is Clara related to Nat?
3. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
4. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
5. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
2. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
3. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
4. What does the carousel represent in the play?
5. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
6. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
7. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
8. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
9. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
10. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
Essay Topic 1
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
How does Nat feel about his daughter's ideals? What has changed in their relationship? How does Clara feel about her father?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)