|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
2. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
3. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
5. Which character is African American?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
2. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
3. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
4. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
5. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
6. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
7. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
8. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
9. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
10. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the allegorical reference of Danforth? What societal concept or idea does this character represent? How? How does his interaction with the protagonists affect their fate?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things that Nat and Midge commiserate on in the course of the play? How do these things bring them closer together? How do they override their differences?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)