|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the play take place?
2. How is Clara related to Nat?
3. How long has Midge held his current job?
4. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
5. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge are?
2. What is Midge's reaction to the mugging by Gilley? What does he think about Nat's treatment of the situation?
3. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
4. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
5. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
6. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
7. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
8. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
9. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
10. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)