|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
3. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
4. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
5. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
2. Describe Midge's character. What does he look like? How is his appearance different from Nat's?
3. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
4. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
5. What is Midge's fear about his job? Why?
6. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
7. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
8. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
9. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
10. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Midge and Nat. How are they similar? What differences do they have? How do their social, political, economic, and fantasy worlds relate?
Essay Topic 2
What is Clara's role in the plot of I'm Not Rappaport? How does she propel the action? Describe this character.
Essay Topic 3
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)