|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
2. How old is Nat?
3. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
4. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
5. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
2. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
3. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
4. How does the Cowboy react to Midge's weapon?
5. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
6. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
7. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
8. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
9. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
10. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in beliefs and ideals that Nat and Midge have on romance, love, and sex? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
In the argument Nat and Midge have about who is invisible who is right? Do you think that Nat is more visible because he "proves" it, or is he just as invisible as Midge?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)