|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
2. What is Clara's profession?
3. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
4. What is Nat singing when he first enters in Act 2?
5. Where does Nat say he was approached to be an undercover agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Midge's fear about his job? Why?
2. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
3. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
4. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
5. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
6. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
7. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
8. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
9. Describe the setting in Act 1.
10. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in beliefs and ideals that Nat and Midge have on romance, love, and sex? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nat feel about his daughter's ideals? What has changed in their relationship? How does Clara feel about her father?
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)