|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
2. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
3. What does Nat say is prescribed for his glaucoma and covered by Medicaid?
4. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
5. What hospital was Clara born in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
2. Why does the Cowboy not believe Nat?
3. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
4. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
5. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
6. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
7. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
8. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
9. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
10. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the journey that Nat has gone through in the course of the play. How has Midge changed him? What elements of his personality are altered and why?
Essay Topic 2
What historical, scientific, political, and social changes created the world in which Midge and Nat live? How has longevity changed over time?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Midge and Nat. How are they similar? What differences do they have? How do their social, political, economic, and fantasy worlds relate?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)