|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
2. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
3. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
4. In what city does the play take place?
5. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
2. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
3. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
4. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
5. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
6. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
7. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
8. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
10. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences in beliefs and ideals that Nat and Midge have on romance, love, and sex? What are the similarities?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of the Cowboy. What might he represent allegorically? How does he play into the plot of I'm Not Rappaport?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nat's justification behind his "alterations" of the truth. Why does he do what he does? How does he feel about simply growing old?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)