|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nat become injured?
2. What does Nat say is prescribed for his glaucoma and covered by Medicaid?
3. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
4. How long does Nat say he was dead?
5. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
2. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
3. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
4. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
5. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
6. How does the Cowboy react to Midge's weapon?
7. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
8. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
9. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
10. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time and place of I'm Not Rappaport affect the story? Would it be different if it were set elsewhere? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Nat feel about his daughter's ideals? What has changed in their relationship? How does Clara feel about her father?
Essay Topic 3
The ending scene of I'm Not Rappaport is an "open ending." What does this mean? Where do you believe the characters will end up after the curtain falls? Supply textual evidence to support your claim.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)