|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
2. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
3. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
5. Which character is African American?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
2. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
3. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
4. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
5. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
6. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
7. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
8. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
9. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
10. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the argument Nat and Midge have about who is invisible who is right? Do you think that Nat is more visible because he "proves" it, or is he just as invisible as Midge?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how symbolically Midge gains his "sight" throughout the play. What has he been blind to, and how does he overcome that blindness?
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms symbolism, metaphor, motif, and allegory. How are these literary devices employed in I'm Not Rappaport? Use examples for each.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)