|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
(b) The Cowboy.
2. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Midge being stabbed.
(b) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(c) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(d) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
3. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Missouri Jack.
(b) Kentucky Clide.
(c) Buffalo Brown.
(d) Montana Jack.
4. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The carousel.
(d) His apartment.
5. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A set of keys.
(b) Christmas tips.
(c) A stool.
(d) A gold watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is alone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
3. What does Nat say his real last name is?
4. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
5. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)