|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
(a) Twelve times.
(b) Nine times.
(c) Six times.
(d) Four times.
2. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
3. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Sarah Lichman.
(b) Ellen Heimmerstien.
(c) Hannah Pearlman.
(d) Donna Sweichman.
4. What does Midge pretend to do when he first sees Nat in Act 2?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Read a book.
5. How long does Nat say he was dead?
(a) Nine minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Six minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
2. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
4. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
5. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
2. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
3. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
4. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
5. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
6. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
7. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
8. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
9. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
10. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)