|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clara live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Wilmington, IL.
(c) Great Neck.
(d) New Jersey.
2. Who was Clara named after?
(a) Clara Bryg.
(b) Clara Boothe.
(c) Clara Lemlich.
(d) Clara Rodgers.
3. What is Midge's last name?
4. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A train station.
(c) Freemont Park.
(d) Central Park.
5. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 1:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
2. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
3. How old is Nat?
4. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
5. Why did Nat make a scene with the butcher a month ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
2. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
3. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
4. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
5. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
6. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
7. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
8. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
9. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
10. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)