|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
2. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
(a) He associated with Nazis.
(b) He was on McCarthy's staff.
(c) He showed German movies.
(d) He forbade Nat to enter.
3. What does Nat say he gets from the back door at the Plaza Hotel every morning?
(c) Tuna sandwiches.
4. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
(a) Workers Union #333.
5. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
(b) A glass eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
2. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
3. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
4. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
5. Where does Clara live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
2. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
3. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
4. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
5. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
6. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
7. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
8. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
9. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
10. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)