|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What is the truth about Nat's therapist?
(a) He wants him to check into a home.
(b) He made him up.
(c) He stopped seeing her years ago.
(d) He is late on payments.
3. How old is Clara?
(a) Early 30s.
(b) Early 20s.
(c) Early 60s.
(d) Early 40s.
4. How long has Midge held his current job?
(a) Forty-two years.
(b) Forty-seven years.
(c) Thirty-nine years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What is Clara's profession?
(a) Corporate CEO.
(c) Real-estate agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
3. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
4. In what month does the play begin?
5. Which character says, "I haven't been arrested for ten years, I'm obviously worthless!"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Cowboy react to Midge's weapon?
2. Why does the Cowboy not believe Nat?
3. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
4. What are the code names of Midge and Nat? Why must Midge be there?
5. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
6. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
7. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
8. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
9. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
10. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)