|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
(d) The Cowboy.
2. What does Nat say he gets from the back door at the Plaza Hotel every morning?
(a) Tuna sandwiches.
3. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
(a) He's a mobster.
(b) He's a bank robber.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's an Iroquois Indian.
4. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
(a) He showed German movies.
(b) He associated with Nazis.
(c) He forbade Nat to enter.
(d) He was on McCarthy's staff.
5. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
(a) His gun.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His knive.
(d) His watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
2. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
3. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
4. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
5. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
2. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
3. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
4. How does the Cowboy react to Midge's weapon?
5. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
6. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
7. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
8. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
9. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
10. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)