|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
(a) A purse.
(b) A sketch pad.
(c) A dog.
(d) A suitcase.
2. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
3. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
(a) He falls on his back.
(b) He slips on a banana peel.
(c) He breaks his hand.
(d) He punches the lamppost.
4. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
5. Where is the music coming from in Act 1?
(a) The carousel.
(b) A nearby car.
(c) A jam-box.
(d) The subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
2. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
3. How long does Nat say he was dead?
4. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
5. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Midge in Act 2, Scene 3? How long has he been away?
2. Who is Laurie? What does she look like? What does she carry with her? How does she interact with the protagonists?
3. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
4. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
5. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
6. What is Midge's reaction to the mugging by Gilley? What does he think about Nat's treatment of the situation?
7. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
8. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
9. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
10. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)