|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
2. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
3. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A picket-sign.
(d) A dog.
4. Who was Clara named after?
(a) Clara Rodgers.
(b) Clara Boothe.
(c) Clara Bryg.
(d) Clara Lemlich.
5. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
(a) The foyer.
(b) The retaurant.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
2. What hospital was Clara born in?
3. How old is Clara?
4. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
5. Which character is African American?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
2. What does the carousel represent in the play?
3. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
4. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
5. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
6. Who is Dartforth? How is he connected to Midge?
7. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge work from? Who do they work for?
8. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
9. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
10. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)