|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
2. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
3. Where does Act 2 begin?
(a) Central Park.
(b) A bus station.
(c) A train station.
(d) Freemont Park.
4. How long does Nat say he was dead?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Nine minutes.
(c) Six minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
5. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Hannah Pearlman.
(b) Donna Sweichman.
(c) Sarah Lichman.
(d) Ellen Heimmerstien.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nat imitate in telling the "I'm Not Rappaport" joke?
2. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
3. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
5. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
2. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge work from? Who do they work for?
3. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
4. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
5. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
6. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
8. How did Nat come to be hired as a secret agent? What is his code name?
9. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
10. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)