|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(b) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(c) He's an Italian immigrant.
(d) He's a Russian dentist.
2. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
3. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
(c) Rothman Deli.
(d) Katz's Deli.
4. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
5. What is Clara's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
2. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
3. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
4. What hospital was Clara born in?
5. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
2. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
3. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
4. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
5. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
6. What does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge are?
7. What does the carousel represent in the play?
8. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
9. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
10. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)