|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
2. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
3. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) His hand.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A book.
4. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
(d) Workers Union #333.
5. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Hannah Pearlman.
(b) Donna Sweichman.
(c) Sarah Lichman.
(d) Ellen Heimmerstien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why did Nat make a scene with the butcher a month ago?
3. Where does Act 2 begin?
4. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
5. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
2. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
3. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
4. What does Nat do at the end of the play? Why?
5. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
6. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
7. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
8. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
9. Describe Midge's character. What does he look like? How is his appearance different from Nat's?
10. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)