|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clara's profession?
(c) Corporate CEO.
(d) Real-estate agent.
2. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
3. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
4. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
(d) Workers Union #333.
5. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
(a) To request he be checked into a nursing home.
(b) To see if his apartment was available.
(c) To turn him in for theft.
(d) To see if he was o.k.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Midge's last name?
2. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
3. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
4. What is the truth about Nat's therapist?
5. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
2. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
3. Describe the setting in Act 1.
4. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
5. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
6. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
7. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
8. What is Clara's frustration with Nat?
9. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
10. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)