|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A walker.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A baby.
(d) A dog.
2. How long has Midge held his current job?
(a) Thirty-nine years.
(b) Forty-seven years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty-two years.
3. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(b) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(c) He's a Russian dentist.
(d) He's an Italian immigrant.
4. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
5. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
2. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
3. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
4. Where does Nat have a bandage on in Act 2?
5. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in Act 1.
2. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
3. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
4. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
5. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
6. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
7. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
8. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
9. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
10. How does Nat try to cover himself after the Cowboy realizes he's lying?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)