|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Midge?
2. Which character says, "What is this, Halloween? You haven't been west of Jersey City"?
(b) The Cowboy.
3. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(d) The Cowboy.
4. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A dog.
(c) A picket-sign.
5. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clara live?
2. What is Nat singing when he first enters in Act 2?
3. How many children does Clara have?
4. Where does Nat have a bandage on in Act 2?
5. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
2. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
3. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
4. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
5. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
6. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
7. How does the confrontation with the Cowboy change Midge?
8. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
9. Who is Dr. Engels? What is the story behind this "character?"
10. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)