|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
2. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(c) The Cowboy.
4. How long does Nat say he was dead?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Six minutes.
(c) Nine minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
5. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the music coming from in Act 1?
2. Where does Nat have a bandage on in Act 2?
3. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
4. What does Clara accuse Nat of upon seeing his condition?
5. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
2. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
3. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
4. What does Nat say is "the truth" about who he is in Act 3?
5. Describe how Midge and Nat are dressed in Act 2, Scene 2.
6. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
7. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
8. What does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge are?
9. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
10. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)