|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
2. How long does Nat say he was dead?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Nine minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Six minutes.
3. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
4. Which character is African American?
(b) The Cowboy.
5. In what month does the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
2. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
3. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
5. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nat's fear about Clara? Why?
2. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
3. What does the carousel represent in the play?
4. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
5. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
6. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
7. Describe the setting in Act 1.
8. What has Midge confiscated of Gilley's? What does he plan to do about it?
9. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
10. What does Nat do at the end of the play? Why?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)