|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat say he was approached to be an undercover agent?
(a) The nursing home.
(b) The park.
(c) The deli.
(d) The Medicaid line.
2. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
(b) Forest Hills.
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Great Neck.
3. What does Midge pretend to do when he first sees Nat in Act 2?
(b) Play cards.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Read a book.
4. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
5. What is Clara's profession?
(b) Real-estate agent.
(d) Corporate CEO.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
2. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
3. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
4. What is Midge's last name?
5. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Midge's fear about his job? Why?
2. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
3. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
4. Why does the Cowboy not believe Nat?
5. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
6. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
7. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
8. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
9. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
10. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)