|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the play begin?
2. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(c) The Cowboy.
3. What does Midge say the lady from 2A saw him do last week?
(a) Walk into the elevator door.
(b) Steal her cherry pie.
(c) Break the boiler.
(d) Steal money from the lobby.
4. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) A Medieval Painter.
(b) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
(c) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(d) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
5. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an Italian immigrant.
(b) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(c) He's a Russian dentist.
(d) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat have a bandage on in Act 2?
2. Which character is African American?
3. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
4. Where does Midge work as a building super?
5. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
2. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
3. What does Nat do at the end of the play? Why?
4. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
5. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
6. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
7. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
8. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
9. How does Midge react to Nat in the beginning of the play? What is his attitude towards him?
10. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)