|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(c) The Cowboy.
2. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
(a) A crane.
(b) A man.
(c) A tree.
(d) A woman.
3. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
(a) Dr. Frank Woolverton.
(b) Dr. Richard Dawkins.
(c) Dr. Emily Anderson.
(d) Dr. Friedrich Engels.
4. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an Italian immigrant.
(b) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(c) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(d) He's a Russian dentist.
5. What is Clara's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
2. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
3. In what month does the play begin?
4. What hospital was Clara born in?
5. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Nat retired "his mouth" in Act 3?
2. What are the code names of Midge and Nat? Why must Midge be there?
3. How do Midge and Nat differ in their views of fantasy?
4. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
5. Describe the appearance of Nat. What does he wear in Act 1? How does he move?
6. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
7. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
8. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
9. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
10. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)