|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
(a) He was on McCarthy's staff.
(b) He showed German movies.
(c) He forbade Nat to enter.
(d) He associated with Nazis.
2. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(a) The Cowboy.
3. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
(a) Ringo Starr.
(b) Richard Nightingale.
(c) Harry Schwartzman.
(d) Sam Schwartzman.
4. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The Sporting News.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The San Diego Tribune.
5. How old is Midge?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
2. How many children does Clara have?
3. How long does Nat say he was dead?
4. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
5. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nat's reaction to being mugged by Gilley? Why?
2. How does Nat regard Midge's actions with the Cowboy?
3. How has Nat been "defeated" in Act 3?
4. What does Midge say his weakness is with women? How does Nat compare?
5. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
6. What is Midge's reaction to Nat's "truth?"
7. What does the Cowboy do to Nat physically?
8. How does Nat feel about his other children? How do they feel about him?
9. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
10. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)