|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
(a) He's a lawyer.
(b) He's a bank robber.
(c) He's an Iroquois Indian.
(d) He's a mobster.
2. In what month does the play begin?
3. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) A bike.
(b) A chess board.
(c) Das Kapital.
(d) A remote-controlled car.
4. How did Nat become injured?
(a) A dog bit him.
(b) Midge attacked him.
(c) Gilley attacked him.
(d) The Cowboy attacked him.
5. How many children does Clara have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
3. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
4. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
5. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Midge prevent Nat from visiting him in the hospital?
2. Describe the character of the Cowboy. How is he dressed? How does he talk?
3. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
4. What has led up to Nat and Midge pretending to be gangsters?
5. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
6. Why does Laurie owe the Cowboy money?
7. Why did Nat come to the park in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. What is Midge's fear about his job? Why?
9. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
10. Describe the setting in Act 1.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)