|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
(a) To see if his apartment was available.
(b) To see if he was o.k.
(c) To turn him in for theft.
(d) To request he be checked into a nursing home.
2. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The San Diego Tribune.
(c) The Sporting News.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
3. In what city does the play take place?
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
5. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
2. What does Midge pretend to do when he first sees Nat in Act 2?
3. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
4. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
5. Where does Act 2 begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Midge's fear about his job? Why?
2. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
3. Why couldn't Laurie just leave town?
4. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
5. What happened with Midge's job in Act 3? Why?
6. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
7. What did Midge tell the staff at the hospital regarding Nat?
8. What does Nat accuse Clara of "selling out on?"
9. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
10. What does the carousel represent in the play?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)