|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
2. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
3. What is Clara's last name?
4. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
(a) Six times.
(b) Twelve times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Nine times.
5. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
(c) The Cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
2. What hospital was Clara born in?
3. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
4. How old is Midge?
5. How many children does Clara have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the code names of Midge and Nat? Why must Midge be there?
2. What does Nat tell the Cowboy he and Midge are?
3. What did Midge do after Nat was attacked? What is his explanation?
4. What does Midge have of the Cowboy's? What does he view it as?
5. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
6. What has happened to Gilley by Act 3?
7. What was Nat's previous spot in the park? What did he do there? Why did he leave?
8. How does Midge injure himself in Act 1? How does Nat react?
9. How does Clara know Dr. Engels isn't real? Why did she write to him anyway?
10. What does Dartforth come to understand after his conversation with Nat?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)