|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
(a) Dr. Friedrich Engels.
(b) Dr. Richard Dawkins.
(c) Dr. Frank Woolverton.
(d) Dr. Emily Anderson.
2. What is the hoodlum's name who takes old men's money?
(a) The Cowboy.
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
(a) One day.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
4. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
(a) Ben Reissman.
(b) Matt Greenberg.
(c) Simon Rothman.
(d) James Fletcher.
5. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Great Neck.
(d) Forest Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Clara?
2. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
3. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
4. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
5. In what city does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Midge "pretend" to do while he is seated at the bench? Why is this absurd?
2. What is Nat's plan for "dealing with" Dartforth? How does he go about it?
3. What does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is to him?
4. Why does Nat have marijuana? How did he obtain it?
5. Describe the character of Clara. How is she dressed? How old is she?
6. How does Clara "test" Nat? Why?
7. Who is Clara's namesake? How did she come to be named this?
8. Why does the Cowboy not believe Nat?
9. How does Midge try to stop the Cowboy from hurting Nat?
10. What happened to Nat during his bypass surgery? Is this story true?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)