|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the moniker Nat's "character" is better known as in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tony the Cane.
(b) Cappello the Cat.
(c) Mac the Knife.
(d) O'Riley the Shark.
2. What does Nat take out from his jacket while talking to the Cowboy?
(a) A cigar.
(b) His pills.
(d) His flask.
3. How long does Midge say it's been since he smoked a cigarette?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
4. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(a) The Amsterdam Hotel.
(b) The Lower East Side.
(d) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
5. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The carousel.
(c) The hospital.
(d) His apartment.
6. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Christmas tips.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) A stool.
7. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Cowboy.
8. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
9. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Twelve days.
10. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
(a) His wrist.
(b) His hip.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His arm.
11. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Sporting News.
(b) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
12. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
13. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) Deitz's Deli.
(b) First Union Bank.
(c) The Socialist Headquarters.
(d) Times Square Jewelers.
14. What did Danforth bring to Midge in the hospital?
(a) His paycheck.
(b) His knife.
(c) His severance pay.
(d) A fruit basket.
15. Who did Midge refuse to see while he was away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat claim he's stopped doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How long was Midge in the hospital?
5. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)