|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The police.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His attorney.
3. How much has Gilley's fee gone up to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Seven dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
4. How long did Nat work at his true profession?
(a) Forty-one years.
(b) Sixty years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
6. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He falls to the ground.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
7. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Cowboy.
8. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
9. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) First Union Bank.
(b) Times Square Jewelers.
(c) The Socialist Headquarters.
(d) Deitz's Deli.
10. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Kentucky Clide.
(b) Missouri Jack.
(c) Buffalo Brown.
(d) Montana Jack.
11. What is the moniker Nat's "character" is better known as in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mac the Knife.
(b) Cappello the Cat.
(c) O'Riley the Shark.
(d) Tony the Cane.
12. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
13. How long does the Cowboy say he's seen Nat and Midge here?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
14. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(b) Stabs Midge.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Walks out with his cane.
15. Who informed Midge his job was gone?
(b) The woman from 3A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
2. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
3. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
4. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
5. What does Nat say his boss dubbed he and his partner?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)