|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat no longer have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His briefcase.
(b) His lunch bag.
(c) His walker.
(d) His glasses.
2. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Give it to Nat.
(b) Frame it.
(c) Put it on a plaque.
(d) Give it to Clara.
3. What is one thing Midge suggests Nat might have claimed to be in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The man who invented novocaine.
(b) A madman.
(c) A Congressman.
(d) A Senator.
4. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the moniker Nat's "character" is better known as in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Tony the Cane.
(b) Mac the Knife.
(c) O'Riley the Shark.
(d) Cappello the Cat.
6. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(c) Buffalo Bill.
7. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(d) The Sporting News.
8. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Nat's cane.
(b) Nat's umbrella.
(c) Nat's walker.
(d) Midge's paper.
9. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A piece of buckskin fringe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A badge of honor.
10. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
(b) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) Nat reaching in the darkness.
11. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) The Socialist Headquarters.
(b) Deitz's Deli.
(c) First Union Bank.
(d) Times Square Jewelers.
12. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) Clara's smile.
(b) The Cowboy's eyes.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Nat's eyes.
13. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Little Drummer Boy."
(b) "The Sidewalks of New York."
(c) "It Was a Year to Remember."
(d) "Break Away Caroline."
14. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(b) "The Queen City March."
(c) "Chicago Fire."
(d) "New York, New York."
15. Where is there a cop nearby at this time of night in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The lake.
(d) The boathouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nat take out from his jacket while talking to the Cowboy?
2. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
3. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
4. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)