|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
2. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
(a) The Retirement Home.
(b) The Socialist's Club.
(c) The park.
(d) Her house.
3. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Cowboy.
4. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He falls to the ground.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He punches him.
5. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "It Was a Year to Remember."
(b) "Break Away Caroline."
(c) "Little Drummer Boy."
(d) "The Sidewalks of New York."
6. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(a) The Amsterdam Hotel.
(c) The Lower East Side.
(d) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
7. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "Chicago Fire."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
8. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) Deitz's Deli.
(b) Times Square Jewelers.
(c) First Union Bank.
(d) The Socialist Headquarters.
9. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
(a) Nat stole their lobby furniture.
(b) Clara was not a lawyer.
(c) Midge was under arrest.
(d) There's no HURTSFOE.
10. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The police.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His attorney.
11. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) The Cowboy's eyes.
(b) Clara's smile.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Nat's eyes.
12. Whom does Nat claim Midge acted like with the Cowboy?
(a) King Lear.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Winston Churchill.
13. How long does the Cowboy say he's seen Nat and Midge here?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
14. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
15. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(c) Buffalo Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is?
2. What is Midge doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
4. What does the Cowboy call Midge?
5. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)