|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) Come here, pops.
(b) Forget the money.
(c) You can't even see.
(d) Afternoon, Jack.
2. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(b) Sings a lullaby.
(c) Stabs Midge.
(d) Walks out with his cane.
3. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A tie salesman.
(c) A watchmaker.
(d) A jeweler.
4. What does the Cowboy call Midge?
(a) Roy Rogers.
(b) Buffalo Bill.
(c) Mr. Noboby.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
5. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Sporting News.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
6. Who enters from the tunnel in Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) The Cowboy.
7. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A badge of honor.
(b) A piece of buckskin fringe.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A knife.
8. What is one thing Midge suggests Nat might have claimed to be in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A Congressman.
(b) A madman.
(c) A Senator.
(d) The man who invented novocaine.
9. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
10. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He falls to the ground.
(c) He pulls out a knife.
(d) He laughs.
11. What is Midge doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Buying cotton candy.
(b) Smoking a cigarette.
(c) Drinking from a flask.
(d) Reading the paper.
12. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Nine weeks.
13. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The carousel.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The fountain.
14. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Cowboy.
15. Who did Midge refuse to see while he was away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How long does Midge have left at his apartment?
3. Who did not show up to meet Nat on Friday?
4. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
5. Where is there a cop nearby at this time of night in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)