|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much has Gilley's fee gone up to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Seven dollars.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
2. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Nat's walker.
(b) Nat's cane.
(c) Midge's paper.
(d) Nat's umbrella.
4. What is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A robe.
(d) A sports jersey.
5. What does Nat say his boss dubbed he and his partner?
(a) The Travel Agents.
(b) The Cutthroats.
(c) The Moles.
(d) The Cleanup Men.
6. What does Nat say he has retired?
(a) His walker.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mouth.
7. What does Nat take out from his jacket while talking to the Cowboy?
(a) His pills.
(c) His flask.
(d) A cigar.
8. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
9. What did Danforth bring to Midge in the hospital?
(a) His paycheck.
(b) A fruit basket.
(c) His knife.
(d) His severance pay.
10. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) First Union Bank.
(b) Deitz's Deli.
(c) The Socialist Headquarters.
(d) Times Square Jewelers.
11. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Montana Jack.
(b) Buffalo Brown.
(c) Kentucky Clide.
(d) Missouri Jack.
12. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
13. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A piece of buckskin fringe.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A knife.
(d) A badge of honor.
14. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(b) Into the bushes.
(c) Around the corner.
(d) Onto the bridge.
15. When did Gilley return to the park between Act 1 and Act 2?
(b) This morning.
(c) Last night.
(d) He hasn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
2. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who informed Midge his job was gone?
4. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
5. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)