|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Midge in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Twelve days.
2. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(d) New Jersey.
3. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy is one of his bosses?
4. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Two days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
5. What is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A sports jersey.
(d) A robe.
6. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Ten weeks.
7. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat's glasses.
(b) A knife.
(c) Nat's walker.
(d) Midge's glasses.
8. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Christmas tips.
(c) A stool.
(d) A set of keys.
9. What is Laurie's last name?
10. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
11. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(a) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
(c) The Amsterdam Hotel.
(d) The Lower East Side.
12. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A tie salesman.
(d) A watchmaker.
13. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His arm.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His hip.
14. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
(a) His shoulders.
(b) His scarf.
(c) His cane.
(d) His coat.
15. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(b) Onto the bridge.
(c) Around the corner.
(d) Into the bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
2. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
3. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
4. Who did not show up to meet Nat on Friday?
5. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)