|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Kentucky Clide.
(b) Buffalo Brown.
(c) Missouri Jack.
(d) Montana Jack.
2. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
(a) Midge was under arrest.
(b) Clara was not a lawyer.
(c) Nat stole their lobby furniture.
(d) There's no HURTSFOE.
3. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The police.
(d) His wife.
4. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
5. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "Chicago Fire."
6. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(b) Buffalo Bill.
7. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(b) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
8. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
9. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A knife.
(c) A badge of honor.
(d) A piece of buckskin fringe.
10. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
11. What does Nat claim he's stopped doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
12. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
(a) Times Square Jewelers.
(b) The Socialist Headquarters.
(c) First Union Bank.
(d) Deitz's Deli.
13. What does Nat take from his jacket pocket in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Gilley's knife.
(b) A brochure for West End Senior Center.
(c) A brochure for Israel.
(d) Midge's newspaper.
14. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
(c) The Cowboy.
15. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lake.
(b) The road.
(c) The overpass.
(d) The tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
2. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
3. What does Midge have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is Laurie's last name?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)