|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The road.
(b) The tunnel.
(c) The lake.
(d) The overpass.
2. What did Danforth bring to Midge in the hospital?
(a) His paycheck.
(b) A fruit basket.
(c) His severance pay.
(d) His knife.
3. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Midge's paper.
(b) Nat's walker.
(c) Nat's cane.
(d) Nat's umbrella.
4. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(c) New Jersey.
5. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Onto the bridge.
(c) Into the bushes.
(d) In the shadows of the tunnel.
6. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
(a) His daughter's house.
(b) The Senior Center.
(c) The church.
(d) His apartment.
7. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "New York, New York."
(b) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(c) "The Queen City March."
(d) "Chicago Fire."
8. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
(d) The Cowboy.
9. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His wife.
(b) The police.
(c) His attorney.
(d) His daughter.
10. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(a) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
(b) The Amsterdam Hotel.
(d) The Lower East Side.
11. Who did not show up to meet Nat on Friday?
12. What is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) A robe.
(d) A sports jersey.
13. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
14. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
15. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge say he will peel the Cowboy up like?
2. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
3. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
5. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)