|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Into the bushes.
(b) Around the corner.
(c) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(d) Onto the bridge.
2. When did Gilley return to the park between Act 1 and Act 2?
(b) He hasn't.
(c) This morning.
(d) Last night.
3. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Midge's paper.
(b) Nat's walker.
(c) Nat's umbrella.
(d) Nat's cane.
4. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) Forget the money.
(b) Come here, pops.
(c) You can't even see.
(d) Afternoon, Jack.
5. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
(a) The Cowboy.
6. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Put it on a plaque.
(b) Give it to Clara.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Give it to Nat.
7. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy Laurie is?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
8. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) The Amsterdam Hotel.
(d) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
9. What does Nat take from his jacket pocket in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Midge's newspaper.
(b) A brochure for Israel.
(c) Gilley's knife.
(d) A brochure for West End Senior Center.
10. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
(a) The park.
(b) The Retirement Home.
(c) The Socialist's Club.
(d) Her house.
11. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "New York, New York."
(c) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(d) "Chicago Fire."
12. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
13. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The road.
(b) The overpass.
(c) The lake.
(d) The tunnel.
14. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat's glasses.
(b) Midge's glasses.
(c) A knife.
(d) Nat's walker.
15. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "The Sidewalks of New York."
(b) "Little Drummer Boy."
(c) "It Was a Year to Remember."
(d) "Break Away Caroline."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
2. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
3. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
4. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
5. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)