|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 6:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
2. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Onto the bridge.
(c) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(d) Into the bushes.
3. What does Nat say his boss dubbed he and his partner?
(a) The Travel Agents.
(b) The Moles.
(c) The Cutthroats.
(d) The Cleanup Men.
4. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(b) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
5. How much has Gilley's fee gone up to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Six dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Seven dollars.
6. What does Midge have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A walker.
(c) A quad-cane.
(d) A gun.
7. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A badge of honor.
(d) A piece of buckskin fringe.
8. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
9. Who is alone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
10. What does Nat say his real last name is?
11. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Nat's walker.
(b) Midge's paper.
(c) Nat's umbrella.
(d) Nat's cane.
12. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
13. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
14. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
15. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Matt Dylon.
(c) Gene Autry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laurie's last name?
2. What does Nat take out from his jacket while talking to the Cowboy?
3. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
4. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
5. When does Nat say he and his partner flew here to speak to the Cowboy?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)