|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Nat work at his true profession?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Forty-one years.
(c) Sixty years.
(d) Ten years.
2. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The carousel.
3. What does Nat say his real last name is?
4. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The police.
(d) His wife.
5. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
6. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(b) Stabs Midge.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Walks out with his cane.
7. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) Fenway Park.
(b) Fairmount Park.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) Central Park.
8. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
(a) Gene Autry.
(b) Matt Dylon.
(d) John Wayne.
9. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) You can't even see.
(b) Afternoon, Jack.
(c) Forget the money.
(d) Come here, pops.
10. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Frame it.
(b) Give it to Clara.
(c) Put it on a plaque.
(d) Give it to Nat.
11. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(b) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
12. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "New York, New York."
(b) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(c) "Chicago Fire."
(d) "The Queen City March."
13. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He falls to the ground.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He laughs.
14. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
15. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) The Cowboy's eyes.
(c) Nat's eyes.
(d) Clara's smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did not show up to meet Nat on Friday?
2. What does Nat say he has retired?
3. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
5. What does Nat take from his jacket pocket in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)