|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
(a) His coat.
(b) His cane.
(c) His scarf.
(d) His shoulders.
2. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His wife.
(c) The police.
(d) His daughter.
3. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The carousel.
4. What does Midge have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A walker.
(b) A gun.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A quad-cane.
5. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "Break Away Caroline."
(b) "It Was a Year to Remember."
(c) "The Sidewalks of New York."
(d) "Little Drummer Boy."
6. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(b) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
7. What does Nat take out from his jacket while talking to the Cowboy?
(a) His pills.
(b) A cigar.
(c) His flask.
8. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(a) New Jersey.
9. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
10. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A set of keys.
(b) A stool.
(c) Christmas tips.
(d) A gold watch.
11. What is one thing Midge suggests Nat might have claimed to be in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A Congressman.
(b) A Senator.
(c) A madman.
(d) The man who invented novocaine.
12. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat's walker.
(b) Midge's glasses.
(c) A knife.
(d) Nat's glasses.
13. How long does the Cowboy say he's seen Nat and Midge here?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
14. What is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) A robe.
(d) A sports jersey.
15. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Walks out with his cane.
(b) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(c) Sings a lullaby.
(d) Stabs Midge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
2. Who enters from the tunnel in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
4. Where does Nat tell Midge he spends his weekends in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Who does Nat tell the Cowboy is one of his bosses?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)