|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
2. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
(a) His newspaper.
(b) The knife.
(c) His cane.
(d) His gloves.
3. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Nat's cane.
(b) Nat's walker.
(c) Midge's paper.
(d) Nat's umbrella.
4. Who did Midge refuse to see while he was away?
5. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Into the bushes.
(b) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(c) Around the corner.
(d) Onto the bridge.
6. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
8. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(d) The Cowboy.
9. What is the moniker Nat's "character" is better known as in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) O'Riley the Shark.
(b) Mac the Knife.
(c) Cappello the Cat.
(d) Tony the Cane.
10. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
(a) His coat.
(b) His cane.
(c) His shoulders.
(d) His scarf.
11. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
12. Who steps up to stop the Cowboy from attacking Nat?
13. What does Nat say his real last name is?
14. What song is heard playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "New York, New York."
(b) "Chicago Fire."
(c) "Springtime in the Rockies."
(d) "Send in the Clowns."
15. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "Chicago Fire."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
3. Where is there a cop nearby at this time of night in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)