|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
(b) The Cowboy.
2. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Midge being stabbed.
(b) Nat reaching in the darkness.
(c) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(d) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
3. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Missouri Jack.
(b) Kentucky Clide.
(c) Buffalo Brown.
(d) Montana Jack.
4. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The fountain.
(c) The carousel.
(d) His apartment.
5. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A set of keys.
(b) Christmas tips.
(c) A stool.
(d) A gold watch.
6. Who is alone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
7. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
(a) A tie salesman.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A watchmaker.
8. What does Nat say his real last name is?
9. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) Nat's eyes.
(b) The Cowboy's eyes.
(c) Clara's smile.
(d) His ex-wife.
10. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Stabs Midge.
(b) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(c) Walks out with his cane.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
11. What did Danforth bring to Midge in the hospital?
(a) His knife.
(b) His severance pay.
(c) His paycheck.
(d) A fruit basket.
12. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
13. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(a) Buffalo Bill.
14. Where does Nat tell Midge he spends his weekends in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The Retirement Home.
(b) His sister's house.
(c) His brother's house.
(d) Great Neck.
15. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A piece of buckskin fringe.
(b) A badge of honor.
(c) A knife.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
2. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
5. What does Midge say he will peel the Cowboy up like?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)