|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) Afternoon, Jack.
(b) Forget the money.
(c) Come here, pops.
(d) You can't even see.
2. How long does Midge have left at his apartment?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
(a) The Socialist's Club.
(b) The Retirement Home.
(c) Her house.
(d) The park.
4. What is the false name Nat goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Cowboy.
6. Which character says, "Don't say a word. Not a word, please"?
(a) The Cowboy.
7. When did Gilley return to the park between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) Last night.
(c) This morning.
(d) He hasn't.
8. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Put it on a plaque.
(b) Frame it.
(c) Give it to Nat.
(d) Give it to Clara.
9. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Fairmount Park.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) Fenway Park.
10. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The tunnel.
(b) The road.
(c) The lake.
(d) The overpass.
11. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Matt Dylon.
(d) Gene Autry.
12. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(d) New Jersey.
13. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
14. Who says, "City gone rotten, shills like you"?
(d) The Cowboy.
15. What is the "undercover name" Midge goes by in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Buffalo Brown.
(b) Montana Jack.
(c) Kentucky Clide.
(d) Missouri Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Nat claim Midge acted like with the Cowboy?
2. Where does Nat say he worked until he was 73?
3. How long did Nat work at his true profession?
4. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
5. When does Nat say he and his partner flew here to speak to the Cowboy?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)