|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
2. How long does Midge say it's been since he smoked a cigarette?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Thirty-two years.
3. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
4. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Into the bushes.
(b) Onto the bridge.
(c) In the shadows of the tunnel.
(d) Around the corner.
5. What is Laurie's last name?
6. What is the last thing we see before the blackout in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The knife stabbing the Cowboy.
(b) The Cowboy's hand grabbing Midge's shoulder.
(c) Midge being stabbed.
(d) Nat reaching in the darkness.
7. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
8. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
(a) The Senior Center.
(b) The church.
(c) His daughter's house.
(d) His apartment.
9. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
(a) The Socialist's Club.
(b) The Retirement Home.
(c) Her house.
(d) The park.
10. What did Danforth bring to Midge in the hospital?
(a) His severance pay.
(b) His knife.
(c) His paycheck.
(d) A fruit basket.
11. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) Nat's eyes.
(b) Clara's smile.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) The Cowboy's eyes.
12. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
(a) His hip.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His arm.
13. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
14. What does Nat no longer have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His lunch bag.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His walker.
15. How long does Midge have left at his apartment?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Ten weeks.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
4. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is one thing Midge suggests Nat might have claimed to be in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)