|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "New York, New York."
(c) "Chicago Fire."
(d) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
2. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
3. What does Nat no longer have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His lunch bag.
(b) His briefcase.
(c) His glasses.
(d) His walker.
4. What does Nat claim he's stopped doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Nat eventually tell Midge a story about at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Being a spy.
(b) Being a bank robber.
(c) Being a movie mogul.
(d) Being a movie star.
6. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Cowboy.
7. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(a) New Jersey.
8. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The carousel.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The fountain.
9. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) Forget the money.
(b) Come here, pops.
(c) You can't even see.
(d) Afternoon, Jack.
10. What is Midge disappointed about not getting at his job?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) Christmas tips.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) A stool.
11. Who informed Midge his job was gone?
(c) The woman from 3A.
12. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(b) Walks out with his cane.
(c) Stabs Midge.
(d) Sings a lullaby.
13. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Sporting News.
14. Who says, "Leave him go else I get a cop"?
15. What kind of hat is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
2. When did Gilley return to the park between Act 1 and Act 2?
3. Who enters from the tunnel in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How long did Nat work at his true profession?
5. Who says, "Tell me the truth; Gilley's back, ain't he?"
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)