|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He falls to the ground.
(b) He pulls out a knife.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He laughs.
2. What does Midge tell the Cowboy he can see "with a hat on it"?
(a) A black shadow.
(b) A man.
(c) A blue shadow.
(d) A dark spot.
3. What does Nat eventually tell Midge a story about at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Being a spy.
(b) Being a movie star.
(c) Being a bank robber.
(d) Being a movie mogul.
4. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Nine weeks.
5. When did Gilley return to the park between Act 1 and Act 2?
(b) Last night.
(c) He hasn't.
(d) This morning.
6. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
(a) Matt Dylon.
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Gene Autry.
7. What did Midge see in front of his bed every night?
(a) Nat's eyes.
(b) The Cowboy's eyes.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Clara's smile.
8. What does Nat claim he's stopped doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. What does Nat take from his jacket pocket in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A brochure for Israel.
(b) Gilley's knife.
(c) Midge's newspaper.
(d) A brochure for West End Senior Center.
10. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Frame it.
(b) Give it to Nat.
(c) Give it to Clara.
(d) Put it on a plaque.
11. Who informed Midge his job was gone?
(a) The woman from 3A.
12. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) Forget the money.
(b) Come here, pops.
(c) You can't even see.
(d) Afternoon, Jack.
13. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
14. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
15. Who says, "Please, I assure you, my wounds require no further salt . . ."?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Midge he spends his weekends in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. How long does the Cowboy say he's seen Nat and Midge here?
3. How long does Midge have left at his apartment?
4. Whom does Nat claim Midge acted like with the Cowboy?
5. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)