|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat tell Midge his true profession was?
(a) A tie salesman.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A jeweler.
(d) A watchmaker.
2. Whom does Nat claim Midge acted like with the Cowboy?
(a) General Custer.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) King Lear.
3. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
4. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
(a) There's no HURTSFOE.
(b) Nat stole their lobby furniture.
(c) Clara was not a lawyer.
(d) Midge was under arrest.
5. Where is there a cop nearby at this time of night in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The lake.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The boathouse.
6. Who steps up to stop the Cowboy from attacking Nat?
7. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Nat's walker.
(b) Midge's glasses.
(c) Nat's glasses.
(d) A knife.
8. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hip.
(c) His wrist.
(d) His arm.
9. Approximately what time is it at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 6:00 p.m.
10. What does Nat do when the Cowboy lets go of him?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He falls to the ground.
(d) He pulls out a knife.
11. Who enters from the tunnel in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Cowboy.
12. How much severance pay will Midge get in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Ten weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
13. What is Midge doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Drinking from a flask.
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Buying cotton candy.
14. Where does the Cowboy go during his confrontation with Midge?
(a) Into the bushes.
(b) Around the corner.
(c) Onto the bridge.
(d) In the shadows of the tunnel.
15. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "New York, New York."
(b) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
(c) "Chicago Fire."
(d) "The Queen City March."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
2. How much time has passed before Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
4. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)