|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Has anybody there mentioned firing you since I dealt with Danforth? Do you still have your home?"
2. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
(c) Buffalo Bill.
3. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A knife.
(b) Nat's walker.
(c) Nat's glasses.
(d) Midge's glasses.
4. Where does Nat tell Midge he really lives?
(b) The Lower East Side.
(c) The Retirement Home for the Blind.
(d) The Amsterdam Hotel.
5. Who is alone at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does Nat no longer have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His lunch bag.
(b) His walker.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His glasses.
7. What does Midge tell the Cowboy he can see "with a hat on it"?
(a) A man.
(b) A dark spot.
(c) A blue shadow.
(d) A black shadow.
8. Where did Clara meet Nat on Friday?
(a) The Socialist's Club.
(b) The Retirement Home.
(c) The park.
(d) Her house.
9. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
(a) His gloves.
(b) The knife.
(c) His newspaper.
(d) His cane.
10. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
(a) Sings a lullaby.
(b) Stabs Midge.
(c) Sits on the bench and begins a story.
(d) Walks out with his cane.
11. Where does the Cowboy enter from in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The road.
(b) The overpass.
(c) The lake.
(d) The tunnel.
12. What does Nat take from his jacket pocket in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Midge's newspaper.
(b) A brochure for West End Senior Center.
(c) A brochure for Israel.
(d) Gilley's knife.
13. What does the Cowboy grab to shake Nat with?
(a) His shoulders.
(b) His coat.
(c) His cane.
(d) His scarf.
14. What is one thing Midge suggests Nat might have claimed to be in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A Congressman.
(b) A Senator.
(c) The man who invented novocaine.
(d) A madman.
15. How much has Gilley's fee gone up to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Six dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Seven dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat is the Cowboy wearing?
2. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
3. What does Midge say he will peel the Cowboy up like?
4. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)