|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Cowboy throw to the ground in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Midge's glasses.
(b) Nat's glasses.
(c) A knife.
(d) Nat's walker.
2. What song is heard playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Send in the Clowns."
(b) "Chicago Fire."
(c) "Springtime in the Rockies."
(d) "New York, New York."
3. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
(a) The knife.
(b) His cane.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His newspaper.
4. What did the Tenants' Committee find out?
(a) Nat stole their lobby furniture.
(b) Clara was not a lawyer.
(c) There's no HURTSFOE.
(d) Midge was under arrest.
5. What does Midge want to do with his "trophy?"
(a) Put it on a plaque.
(b) Give it to Nat.
(c) Give it to Clara.
(d) Frame it.
6. What are the last words the Cowboy says in the play?
(a) You can't even see.
(b) Afternoon, Jack.
(c) Forget the money.
(d) Come here, pops.
7. Who tries to warn Midge to get away from the Cowboy?
8. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) "The Sidewalks of New York."
(b) "Little Drummer Boy."
(c) "Break Away Caroline."
(d) "It Was a Year to Remember."
9. What song repeats itself from Act 1, Scene 1 as the lights come up in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "New York, New York."
(b) "Chicago Fire."
(c) "The Queen City March."
(d) "Under the Brooklyn Bridge."
10. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The carousel.
11. What does Midge show as a trophy to Nat in Act 2 Scene 3?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A knife.
(c) A badge of honor.
(d) A piece of buckskin fringe.
12. What kind of hat is Nat wearing in Act 2, Scene 2?
13. What does Midge have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A gun.
(c) A quad-cane.
(d) A walker.
14. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) Fenway Park.
(b) Fairmount Park.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Coney Island.
15. What is Midge doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Buying cotton candy.
(b) Drinking from a flask.
(c) Reading the paper.
(d) Smoking a cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat say he's expected at noon?
2. Who did Midge refuse to see while he was away?
3. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Whom does Nat refer to the Cowboy as?
5. What does Nat do at the very end of the play?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)