|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nat tell the Cowboy was "their last active year"?
2. What does the Cowboy lift up from behind the bench?
(a) Midge's paper.
(b) Nat's walker.
(c) Nat's cane.
(d) Nat's umbrella.
3. Where does Nat tell the Cowboy he works from?
(d) New Jersey.
4. What song is heard playing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) "Springtime in the Rockies."
(b) "Send in the Clowns."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "Chicago Fire."
5. What does Midge take out when he turns to the Cowboy?
(a) His newspaper.
(b) The knife.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His cane.
6. What is Laurie's last name?
7. Whom does Midge call a "time bomb" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Cowboy.
8. What does Nat say his boss dubbed he and his partner?
(a) The Moles.
(b) The Cutthroats.
(c) The Travel Agents.
(d) The Cleanup Men.
9. Who does Nat say will come looking for him if he doesn't return by 7 in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The police.
(c) His wife.
(d) His attorney.
10. Where did Midge learn he'd lost his job?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The carousel.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The fountain.
11. What does Nat no longer have with him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His walker.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His lunch bag.
12. What does Nat claim he's stopped doing in Act 2, Scene 3?
13. What does Midge read in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Sporting News.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) Shakespeare's Hamlet.
14. What does Midge say he will peel the Cowboy up like?
(a) An orange.
(b) A pear.
(c) An apple.
(d) A banana.
15. How much has Gilley's fee gone up to in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Seven dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Six dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nat tell Midge he spends his weekends in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. How long does the Cowboy say he's seen Nat and Midge here?
3. What did Midge injure in his run-in with the Cowboy?
4. What has Nat begun calling Midge later in the play?
5. Who did not show up to meet Nat on Friday?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)