|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "What is this, Halloween? You haven't been west of Jersey City"?
(c) The Cowboy.
2. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
3. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an Italian immigrant.
(b) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(c) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(d) He's a Russian dentist.
4. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) A remote-controlled car.
(b) Das Kapital.
(c) A chess board.
(d) A bike.
5. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(b) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
(c) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
(d) A Medieval Painter.
6. How old is Midge?
7. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(d) The Cowboy.
8. How is Clara related to Nat?
(a) She's his daughter.
(b) She's his wife.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his neice.
9. How old is Nat?
10. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(d) The Cowboy.
11. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A baby.
(b) A dog.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A walker.
12. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
(a) A tree.
(b) A crane.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
13. What kind of furnace is in the building that Midge oversees?
(a) Anderson Heating.
(b) Erie City Special.
(c) Williams & Son.
(d) Crescent City Special.
14. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
15. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
2. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
3. What is Midge's last name?
4. Where did Nat used to give speeches?
5. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)