|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
2. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
(a) He punches the lamppost.
(b) He falls on his back.
(c) He slips on a banana peel.
(d) He breaks his hand.
3. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
4. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dog.
(d) A picket-sign.
5. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
(a) One day.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
6. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
7. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
(a) The foyer.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The retaurant.
8. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Some candy.
(c) A joint.
(d) A drink.
9. What is Nat's daughter's name?
10. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
11. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(d) The Cowboy.
12. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A baby.
(b) A walker.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A dog.
13. Where did Nat used to give speeches?
(a) Jasmine Pond.
(b) The Red Castle.
(c) The Historian Society.
(d) Bethesda Fountain.
14. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
15. What is the truth about Nat's therapist?
(a) He made him up.
(b) He wants him to check into a home.
(c) He is late on payments.
(d) He stopped seeing her years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did the Head of the Tenants' Committee say he was running before meeting Midge?
2. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
3. What hospital was Clara born in?
4. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
5. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)