|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
(a) Dr. Richard Dawkins.
(b) Dr. Emily Anderson.
(c) Dr. Frank Woolverton.
(d) Dr. Friedrich Engels.
2. How is Clara related to Nat?
(a) She's his neice.
(b) She's his daughter.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his wife.
3. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
4. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
5. How old is Nat?
6. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
7. In what month does the play begin?
8. What does Nat say he gets from the back door at the Plaza Hotel every morning?
(c) Tuna sandwiches.
9. Why does Nat say that six tenants called the landlord after he was rushed to the hospital for his bypass?
(a) To request he be checked into a nursing home.
(b) To turn him in for theft.
(c) To see if his apartment was available.
(d) To see if he was o.k.
10. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) A remote-controlled car.
(b) Das Kapital.
(c) A chess board.
(d) A bike.
11. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
12. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
(a) They dream more than when they were young.
(b) They dream in color.
(c) They no longer dream.
(d) They dream in black-and-white.
13. How many children does Clara have?
14. Which character says, "What is this, Halloween? You haven't been west of Jersey City"?
(c) The Cowboy.
15. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
(a) A drink.
(b) A joint.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Midge?
2. Where does Clara live?
3. What is Clara's profession?
4. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
5. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)