|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the play begin?
2. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
(a) Harry Schwartzman.
(b) Ringo Starr.
(c) Richard Nightingale.
(d) Sam Schwartzman.
3. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
4. What hospital was Clara born in?
(a) King's County Hospital.
(b) Brooklyn County Hospital.
(c) Beth Israel Hospital.
(d) Chicago Presbyterian Hospital.
5. What does Clara accuse Nat of upon seeing his condition?
(a) Getting into a fight.
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Hitting the old man.
(d) Robbing a store.
6. What does Nat say is prescribed for his glaucoma and covered by Medicaid?
7. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(c) The Cowboy.
8. Which character uses a cane in the first act?
9. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
(a) Katz's Deli.
(b) Rothman Deli.
10. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A box.
(b) A brown sack.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A dog.
11. What does Nat compare to Siberia?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Forest Hills.
(d) Great Neck.
12. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
(a) Four times.
(b) Twelve times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Six times.
13. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
14. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(a) The Cowboy.
15. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(b) A dog.
(c) A picket-sign.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the music coming from in Act 1?
2. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
4. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
5. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)