|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(b) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
(c) A Medieval Painter.
(d) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
2. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
(a) "The Queen City March."
(b) "New York, New York."
(c) "Chicago Blues."
(d) "Hail to the Queen."
3. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) "The Saints Go Marching In."
(b) "The Polka Song of Daniel."
(c) "Once Under the Huckleberry Bush."
(d) "We All Scream For Ice Cream."
4. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
5. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
6. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
7. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
8. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
9. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
(a) Two-hundred dollars.
(b) Ninety dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
10. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) Das Kapital.
(b) A remote-controlled car.
(c) A chess board.
(d) A bike.
11. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
(a) The foyer.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The boathouse.
(d) The retaurant.
12. How old is Nat?
13. What does Clara accuse Nat of upon seeing his condition?
(a) Getting into a fight.
(b) Hitting the old man.
(c) Robbing a store.
(d) Stealing money.
14. What is Nat's daughter's name?
15. Where did Nat used to give speeches?
(a) Bethesda Fountain.
(b) The Red Castle.
(c) The Historian Society.
(d) Jasmine Pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
2. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
3. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
4. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
5. How long does Nat say he was dead?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)