|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
2. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A brown sack.
(b) A dog.
(c) A box.
(d) A briefcase.
3. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
(a) He associated with Nazis.
(b) He showed German movies.
(c) He forbade Nat to enter.
(d) He was on McCarthy's staff.
4. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
5. Where does Clara live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Great Neck.
(c) Wilmington, IL.
(d) Washington D.C.
6. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
(a) Some candy.
(b) A joint.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A drink.
7. What is Clara's profession?
(a) Real-estate agent.
(b) Corporate CEO.
8. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve days.
9. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
(a) He's a bank robber.
(b) He's an Iroquois Indian.
(c) He's a mobster.
(d) He's a lawyer.
10. What does Midge say the lady from 2A saw him do last week?
(a) Break the boiler.
(b) Steal money from the lobby.
(c) Walk into the elevator door.
(d) Steal her cherry pie.
11. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
12. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
13. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
(a) His knive.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His watch.
(d) His gun.
14. How old is Midge?
15. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ninety dollars.
(c) Two-hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
2. What is Nat singing when he first enters in Act 2?
3. Which character is African American?
4. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
5. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)