|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
(a) They dream in color.
(b) They dream in black-and-white.
(c) They dream more than when they were young.
(d) They no longer dream.
2. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
3. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Donna Sweichman.
(b) Hannah Pearlman.
(c) Sarah Lichman.
(d) Ellen Heimmerstien.
4. Which character says, "I haven't been arrested for ten years, I'm obviously worthless!"?
5. Who does Nat tell Mr. Danforth that he is?
(a) Ben Reissman.
(b) James Fletcher.
(c) Matt Greenberg.
(d) Simon Rothman.
6. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
7. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
8. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) Das Kapital.
(b) A bike.
(c) A remote-controlled car.
(d) A chess board.
9. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(b) A dog.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picket-sign.
10. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
(b) The Cowboy.
11. What does Midge say the lady from 2A saw him do last week?
(a) Steal money from the lobby.
(b) Walk into the elevator door.
(c) Steal her cherry pie.
(d) Break the boiler.
12. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
13. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The Sporting News.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The San Diego Tribune.
14. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
(a) A man.
(b) A tree.
(c) A crane.
(d) A woman.
15. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) "The Saints Go Marching In."
(b) "Once Under the Huckleberry Bush."
(c) "The Polka Song of Daniel."
(d) "We All Scream For Ice Cream."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Midge throw down when he realizes Nat has been lying to him in Act 1?
2. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
3. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
4. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
5. Who does Nat imitate in telling the "I'm Not Rappaport" joke?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)