|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
2. What is Clara's last name?
3. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
4. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
5. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The San Diego Tribune.
(b) The Sporting News.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
6. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
(a) "Hail to the Queen."
(b) "The Queen City March."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "Chicago Blues."
7. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
8. How is Clara related to Nat?
(a) She's his wife.
(b) She's his daughter.
(c) She's his neice.
(d) She's his sister.
9. What is Clara's profession?
(a) Corporate CEO.
(b) Real-estate agent.
10. Where is the music coming from in Act 1?
(a) The subway.
(b) A nearby car.
(c) A jam-box.
(d) The carousel.
11. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(d) The Cowboy.
12. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
13. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
(a) He breaks his hand.
(b) He punches the lamppost.
(c) He slips on a banana peel.
(d) He falls on his back.
14. How long has Midge held his current job?
(a) Forty-seven years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Thirty-nine years.
(d) Forty-two years.
15. How many children does Clara have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
2. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
3. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
4. What does Nat say is prescribed for his glaucoma and covered by Medicaid?
5. What hospital was Clara born in?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)