|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
(b) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(c) A Medieval Painter.
(d) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
2. How many children does Clara have?
3. Why did Nat make a scene with the butcher a month ago?
(a) They were out of steak.
(b) The prices.
(c) He was rude.
(d) The meat was bad.
4. Which character says, "I have decided to handle this Danforth matter for you. Don't worry. The Exploiters, the Land Owners, the Capitalist Fat Cats, I eat them for lunch"?
(c) The Cowboy.
5. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
6. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
7. Who does Nat's daughter think his therapist is?
(a) Dr. Frank Woolverton.
(b) Dr. Friedrich Engels.
(c) Dr. Emily Anderson.
(d) Dr. Richard Dawkins.
8. Who was the Chairman at the worker's union that Nat speaks about?
9. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(b) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(c) He's a Russian dentist.
(d) He's an Italian immigrant.
10. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
11. Why did the manager of the Fine Arts Theatre call thinking there was going to be a Congressional Investigation?
(a) He forbade Nat to enter.
(b) He showed German movies.
(c) He was on McCarthy's staff.
(d) He associated with Nazis.
12. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
(a) A joint.
(b) Some candy.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A drink.
13. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(d) The Cowboy.
14. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
(a) "Hail to the Queen."
(b) "New York, New York."
(c) "The Queen City March."
(d) "Chicago Blues."
15. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) "The Polka Song of Daniel."
(b) "We All Scream For Ice Cream."
(c) "The Saints Go Marching In."
(d) "Once Under the Huckleberry Bush."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
2. Nat says he does not tell lies but what?
3. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
5. What is the truth about Nat's therapist?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)