Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
2. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
(b) Workers Union #333.
3. Which character uses a cane in the first act?
4. Which character says, "Christ, in one year I've been the headquarters for the Eighth Congressional District, CBS News, the Institute for Freudian Studies, and the United Consumers Protection Agency"?
5. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(b) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
(c) A Medieval Painter.
(d) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
6. Who is sitting alone on the bench in the beginning of Act 2?
7. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Donna Sweichman.
(b) Hannah Pearlman.
(c) Ellen Heimmerstien.
(d) Sarah Lichman.
8. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
(a) Chestnut Falls Senior Co-op.
(b) Maple Hills Senior Residence.
(c) Washington Heights Community.
(d) Rosenstein Manor Senior Residence.
9. How many children does Clara have?
10. How did Nat become injured?
(a) The Cowboy attacked him.
(b) A dog bit him.
(c) Gilley attacked him.
(d) Midge attacked him.
11. Where did Nat used to give speeches?
(a) Bethesda Fountain.
(b) Jasmine Pond.
(c) The Historian Society.
(d) The Red Castle.
12. What did Clara receive as a birthday present when she was ten?
(a) A remote-controlled car.
(b) A chess board.
(c) A bike.
(d) Das Kapital.
13. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Two-hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Ninety dollars.
14. Who is sitting on the bridge at the beginning of Act 2?
15. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(a) A dog.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picket-sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Clara named after?
2. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
3. In what month does the play begin?
4. How long has Midge held his current job?
5. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)