|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is playing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) "The Polka Song of Daniel."
(b) "The Saints Go Marching In."
(c) "We All Scream For Ice Cream."
(d) "Once Under the Huckleberry Bush."
2. Where does Midge work as a building super?
(a) 23 Central Park East.
(b) 321 Central Park West.
(c) 644 Central Park West.
(d) 949 Central Park East.
3. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
(a) They dream in black-and-white.
(b) They dream more than when they were young.
(c) They dream in color.
(d) They no longer dream.
4. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A brown sack.
(b) A dog.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A box.
5. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Donna Sweichman.
(b) Ellen Heimmerstien.
(c) Sarah Lichman.
(d) Hannah Pearlman.
6. How old is Nat?
7. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
8. Where does Clara live?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Great Neck.
(c) Wilmington, IL.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
10. What is Clara's last name?
11. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
12. Why did Nat make a scene with the butcher a month ago?
(a) He was rude.
(b) The meat was bad.
(c) They were out of steak.
(d) The prices.
13. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
14. What's the second name Nat claims is his cover name?
(a) Harry Schwartzman.
(b) Richard Nightingale.
(c) Sam Schwartzman.
(d) Ringo Starr.
15. What item of the thug's does Midge have in Act 2?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His knive.
(c) His watch.
(d) His gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
2. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
3. How long does Nat say he was dead?
4. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
5. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)