|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
(b) Katz's Deli.
(c) Rothman Deli.
2. Where does the Cowboy enter from?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The boathouse.
(c) The retaurant.
(d) The foyer.
3. What does Clara accuse Nat of upon seeing his condition?
(a) Robbing a store.
(b) Hitting the old man.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Getting into a fight.
4. What is the name of the girl Nat tells Clara he fell in love with at the Grand Street Library?
(a) Ellen Heimmerstien.
(b) Sarah Lichman.
(c) Hannah Pearlman.
(d) Donna Sweichman.
5. How much does Nat say the emergency room bill cost?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ninety dollars.
(c) Two-hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
6. What does Laurie carry when she crosses the bridge?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sketch pad.
(c) A purse.
(d) A suitcase.
7. Who was Clara named after?
(a) Clara Bryg.
(b) Clara Rodgers.
(c) Clara Lemlich.
(d) Clara Boothe.
8. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
(d) A glass eye.
9. Where is the music coming from in Act 1?
(a) A jam-box.
(b) The subway.
(c) A nearby car.
(d) The carousel.
10. Where did Nat go to the emergency room?
11. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A walker.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A dog.
(d) A baby.
12. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2 Scene 1?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
13. How many children does Clara have?
14. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
(d) The Cowboy.
15. What is Midge's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
2. How long does Nat say he was dead?
3. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
4. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
5. Where does Nat tell Clara he's going to live with his daughter?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)