|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "I haven't been arrested for ten years, I'm obviously worthless!"?
2. Why did Nat make a scene with the butcher a month ago?
(a) They were out of steak.
(b) The prices.
(c) He was rude.
(d) The meat was bad.
3. How much money does Laurie give the Cowboy?
4. In what month does the play begin?
5. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
6. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
(a) A woman.
(b) A tree.
(c) A man.
(d) A crane.
7. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A dog.
(b) A brown sack.
(c) A briefcase.
(d) A box.
8. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
9. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an Italian immigrant.
(b) He's a Russian dentist.
(c) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(d) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
10. Who is Dr. Engels a reference to?
(a) The co-writer of The Communist Manifesto.
(b) The leader of the Jewish American Union.
(c) A 19th-Century Children's writer.
(d) A Medieval Painter.
11. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
(a) His hand.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A book.
(d) A newspaper.
12. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
13. How old is Nat?
14. Which character says, "Tell me somethin', Rocky; you plannin' to sit here on this bench? 'Cause if you are, I got to move to another spot"?
(b) The Cowboy.
15. How many children does Clara have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Clara live?
2. Who is the Head of the Tenants' Committee where Midge lives?
3. How much money does Laurie owe the Cowboy?
4. Which character claims he was a boxer in his youth?
5. What is the truth about Nat's therapist?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)