|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nat say he gets from the back door at the Plaza Hotel every morning?
(a) Tuna sandwiches.
2. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
(d) The Cowboy.
3. What did Nat tell the counterman at Walgreens?
(a) He's an Iroquois Indian.
(b) He's a mobster.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a bank robber.
4. What does Nat have when he enters in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A walker.
(b) A dog.
(c) A baby.
(d) A newspaper.
5. What kind of furnace is in the building that Midge oversees?
(a) Erie City Special.
(b) Anderson Heating.
(c) Williams & Son.
(d) Crescent City Special.
6. What is the hoodlum's name who takes old men's money?
(c) The Cowboy.
7. Where did Nat "attack the butcher" four weeks ago?
(b) Rothman Deli.
(c) Katz's Deli.
8. Which character says, "Hey, how 'bout you go sit with them old dudes in fronta the Welfare Hotel, them old butter brains . . ."?
9. What does Nat say is his cover-story?
(a) He's an escaped Cuban terrorist.
(b) He's a Lithuanian mobster.
(c) He's a Russian dentist.
(d) He's an Italian immigrant.
10. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
11. How long does Nat say he was dead?
(a) Six minutes.
(b) Nine minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
12. What is the union Nat tells Mr. Danforth that Midge is a member of?
(c) Workers Union #333.
13. What causes Midge's poor eyesight?
(c) A glass eye.
14. Which character says, "What is this, Halloween? You haven't been west of Jersey City"?
(b) The Cowboy.
15. How old is Nat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nat's daughter's name?
2. What is Nat singing when he first enters in Act 2?
3. How old is Clara?
4. How many times did Clara write to Dr. Engels?
5. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)