|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clara's last name?
2. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
(a) Some candy.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A joint.
(d) A drink.
3. How much money does Nat say the government pays him monthly to be a spy?
4. What do Midge and Nat relate about their dreams?
(a) They dream in black-and-white.
(b) They dream more than when they were young.
(c) They no longer dream.
(d) They dream in color.
5. What does Midge mistake the lamppost for?
(a) A crane.
(b) A man.
(c) A tree.
(d) A woman.
6. Who says, "So the Cossack leaves his sword and you return it"?
7. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Sporting News.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The San Diego Tribune.
8. Who is Nat referring to when he says, "I guarantee he will not return today. He wants the easy money, he doesn't want trouble . . ."?
(a) The Cowboy.
9. Where does Clara live?
(a) Great Neck.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Wilmington, IL.
10. What name does Nat say is his cover-name?
11. Who was a member of the Communist Party?
(d) The Cowboy.
12. What hospital was Clara born in?
(a) Brooklyn County Hospital.
(b) King's County Hospital.
(c) Chicago Presbyterian Hospital.
(d) Beth Israel Hospital.
13. What is the name of the senior home that Clara presents to Nat?
(a) Rosenstein Manor Senior Residence.
(b) Chestnut Falls Senior Co-op.
(c) Washington Heights Community.
(d) Maple Hills Senior Residence.
14. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
15. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
(b) A Bible.
(c) A picket-sign.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had his wallet stolen the night before Act 2 begins?
2. What happens when Midge tries to punch Nat?
3. What is Nat singing when he first enters in Act 2?
4. What does Midge put over his face to ignore Nat in Act 2?
5. What kind of furnace is in the building that Midge oversees?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)