|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Midge pretend to do when he first sees Nat in Act 2?
(a) Read a book.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Read the paper.
2. Who was Clara named after?
(a) Clara Bryg.
(b) Clara Lemlich.
(c) Clara Rodgers.
(d) Clara Boothe.
3. What does Midge throw down when he realizes Nat has been lying to him in Act 1?
(a) His sandwich.
(b) His cane.
(c) His knife.
(d) His suitcase.
4. How many times does Nat say he broke his hip last year?
5. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A brown sack.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A box.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
2. What does Nat offer to Midge while they're waiting for the Head of the Tenants' Committee to return?
3. What did Nat have waiting on the street when Clara got out of jail?
4. What is Clara's profession?
5. What time is it at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)