1. What time is it at the opening of Act 1?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 3:00 p.m.
2. In what city does the play take place?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
3. In what month does the play begin?
4. What song can be heard in the distance as the play begins?
(a) "Chicago Blues."
(b) "Hail to the Queen."
(c) "New York, New York."
(d) "The Queen City March."
5. Which character is African American?
(d) The Cowboy.
6. What is sitting on the bench between the old men?
(a) A box.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A dog.
(d) A brown sack.
7. Which character wears thick bifocals in Act 1?
8. What newspaper is Midge reading in Act 1?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The San Diego Tribune.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Sporting News.
9. Which character uses a cane in the first act?
This section contains 3,374 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)