• The play is set around a bench in Central Park in New York at the edge of the lake by an arch with an overhead walk-bridge. The time is 3:00p.m.
• Nat, an aging white man, converses with Midge, an aging black man, who is reading a newspaper.
• The two men have been friends for only a week, and Nat shares some outlandish stories with Midge, who does not yet know how to discern the fabrications from the truth.
• Today Nat tells Midge that he is an informant for the government, having been selected from all the people in line at the Medicaid office.
• According to the story, Nat will be sent on a mission in the next few years.
• Midge almost falls for the ruse but catches himself in time to avoid any further embarrassment.
• Midge, irritated at being fooled by Nat's tall tales, threatens Nat...
This section contains 2,693 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)