Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancÃ© Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)