|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
2. Who does Eve provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne at Leonardo's fashion show?
3. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
4. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
5. Who admits to Eve during questioning that he is working on a drug formulation of Immortality but was unaware of its addictive and lethal qualities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
2. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
3. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
4. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
5. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
6. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
7. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
8. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
9. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
10. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancé Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)