|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What similarity does the new murder have to Boomer's murder and Pandora's?
2. Who does Casto tell Eve in Chapter 15 must be responsible for all three murders they are investigating?
3. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve does not immediately charge Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
4. Who finds the tattooed dancer Mavis claims to have watched after leaving Pandora's house the night of Pandora's murder?
5. What is Redford's reaction when Eve presses him about the suspicious financial matter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
2. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
4. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
5. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
6. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
7. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
8. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
9. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
10. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death takes place in New York in 2058. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if the author had set the novel in present day New York instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 3
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancé Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)