|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)