|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. For what does Paul Redford have a license?
3. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
4. What is Redford's reaction when Eve presses him about the suspicious financial matter?
5. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
2. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
3. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
4. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
5. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
6. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
7. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
8. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
9. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
10. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 3
Casto is the antagonist of the novel and Eve is the protagonist of the novel. What character flaws and strengths do you see in each character? How do these flaws and strengths help or hinder the characters in their relationships throughout the course of the novel and in their homicide investigations? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)