|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not something Crack tells Eve about Boomer's last time in his club?
2. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
3. Which of the following people do not attend the girls' bachelor party held for Eve?
4. What new color does Trina tell Mavis she has for hair?
5. What does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald's blue energy drink contains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
2. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
3. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
4. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
5. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
6. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
7. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
8. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
9. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
10. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)