Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of women in Immortal in Death. Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Does the treatment of women in the futuristic world of the novel change any from what it is in the present day, or do women seem to be receiving the same treatment as they are now? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of drug use in Immortal in Death. Include the use and sale of Immortality as well as the drugs Roarke gives Eve to relax her and the sedative Jerry receives at the rehab center. What do you think the author is trying to say about drug use? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)