|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
4. With whom is Peabody becoming romantically involved as a result of investigating Boomer's murder?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
2. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
3. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
4. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
5. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
6. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
7. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
8. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
9. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
10. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)