Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Although this novel is primarily a mystery, it contains a romance subplot and a subplot about the heroine's struggle to deal with the memories of the abuse she suffered as a child, and a subplot about the heroine's friendship with Mavis. Discuss how each of the subplots relate to the main plot and how they deepen the characterization of the heroine and depict her growth throughout the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)