|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to Eve during questioning that he is working on a drug formulation of Immortality but was unaware of its addictive and lethal qualities?
2. Why does Jerry Fitzgerald take Immortality?
3. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
4. What new color does Trina tell Mavis she has for hair?
5. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
2. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
3. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
4. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
6. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
7. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
8. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
9. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
10. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of drug use in Immortal in Death. Include the use and sale of Immortality as well as the drugs Roarke gives Eve to relax her and the sedative Jerry receives at the rehab center. What do you think the author is trying to say about drug use? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)