|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald's blue energy drink contains?
2. What is Redford's reaction when Eve presses him about the suspicious financial matter?
3. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
4. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
5. Who admits to Eve during questioning that he is working on a drug formulation of Immortality but was unaware of its addictive and lethal qualities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eve feels intuitively during the novel that certain characters are innocent and that certain characters can't be trusted yet her intuition isn't something she can prove in a court of law. She needs physical evidence to prove the guilt or innocence of the suspects in the murder cases she investigates. Discuss the role of intuition and the role of science in Eve's homicide investigations. How do the two methods of approaching a case sometimes conflict with each other and how do they sometimes complement each other? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)