Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the police characters in the story: Peabody, Commander Whitney, Casto, and Feeney. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the novel's theme of getting too personally involved in a situation. Include a discussion of the danger Eve faces of getting too personally involved in the investigation of Pandora's murder when her friend Mavis is charged with the crime, a discussion of how Commander Whitney got too personally involved in a previous case, and how Peabody becomes too personally involved with Casto during the murder investigation to see his true character. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)