|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Eve think she's had instead of a nightmare?
3. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
4. What does Eve think motivates Casto to pin Pandora's murder on Jerry Fitzgerald?
5. Who admits to Eve during questioning that he is working on a drug formulation of Immortality but was unaware of its addictive and lethal qualities?
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death takes place in New York in 2058. Discuss how the geographical and chronological setting affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if the author had set the novel in present day New York instead. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel's theme of getting too personally involved in a situation. Include a discussion of the danger Eve faces of getting too personally involved in the investigation of Pandora's murder when her friend Mavis is charged with the crime, a discussion of how Commander Whitney got too personally involved in a previous case, and how Peabody becomes too personally involved with Casto during the murder investigation to see his true character. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)