|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eve's girls' bachelor party held?
2. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
3. What incident allows Jerry Fitzgerald to escape the police officer assigned to guard her room and get a fatal dose of Immortality?
4. Why does Justin hate the person against whom he wants to testify?
5. How does Redford initially explain the three hundred thousand dollars he gave Pandora?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
2. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
3. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
4. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
5. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
6. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
7. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
8. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
9. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
10. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Although this novel is primarily a mystery, it contains a romance subplot and a subplot about the heroine's struggle to deal with the memories of the abuse she suffered as a child, and a subplot about the heroine's friendship with Mavis. Discuss how each of the subplots relate to the main plot and how they deepen the characterization of the heroine and depict her growth throughout the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)