|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Justin hate the person against whom he wants to testify?
2. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
3. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
4. What new color does Trina tell Mavis she has for hair?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve does not immediately charge Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
2. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
3. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
4. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
5. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
6. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
7. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
8. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
9. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
10. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hair color and hairstyle is used throughout Immortal in Death to depict character and symbolize aspects of character. Discuss what each of the following characters' hair color and hairstyle represents in the novel and about the characters who experience them: Eve, Mavis, Pandora, and Trina.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)