|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
2. What startling fact from her childhood does Eve remember at the end of Chapter 12?
3. When Eve interviews Paul Redford in Chapter 14, which of Redford's financial transactions arouses Eve's suspicions?
4. Who does Roarke think is both dangerous and interested in Eve romantically?
5. How does Paul Redford's attorney attend Eve's interview of Redford at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
2. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
3. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
4. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
5. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
6. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
7. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
8. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
9. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Several murders and attempted murders occur in the novel. Discuss the theme of murder in the novel. What are the motivations for the murders and attempted murders? What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through these incidents? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)