|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. With whom is Peabody becoming romantically involved as a result of investigating Boomer's murder?
4. Who comes to assist Eve when she awakens after a nightmare about her abusive childhood in Chapter 12?
5. Who turns out to be the real killer and the person behind the sales of Immortality?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
2. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
3. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
4. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
5. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
6. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
7. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
8. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
9. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
10. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eve feels intuitively during the novel that certain characters are innocent and that certain characters can't be trusted yet her intuition isn't something she can prove in a court of law. She needs physical evidence to prove the guilt or innocence of the suspects in the murder cases she investigates. Discuss the role of intuition and the role of science in Eve's homicide investigations. How do the two methods of approaching a case sometimes conflict with each other and how do they sometimes complement each other? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)