|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eve shows up to stakeout the place she thinks Jerry Fitzgerald will go after her release from jail, who is hiding in the bushes with Peabody?
2. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Why does Jerry Fitzgerald take Immortality?
4. Who admits during questioning to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
5. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
2. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
3. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
4. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
6. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
7. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
8. How is Eve able to fight off Pandora's killer and keep from becoming another of his victims after being drugged?
9. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
10. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Casto is the antagonist of the novel and Eve is the protagonist of the novel. What character flaws and strengths do you see in each character? How do these flaws and strengths help or hinder the characters in their relationships throughout the course of the novel and in their homicide investigations? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eve's dreams are a recurring motif throughout Immortal in Death. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think the dreams represent in each example.
Essay Topic 3
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)