|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
2. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
3. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
4. What is Redford's reaction when Eve presses him about the suspicious financial matter?
5. Whose murder is Eve called to investigate at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
2. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
3. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
4. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
5. Why is Eve suspicious of Paul Redford and desirous of interrogating him a second time in Chapter 14?
6. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
7. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
8. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
9. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
10. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of drug use in Immortal in Death. Include the use and sale of Immortality as well as the drugs Roarke gives Eve to relax her and the sedative Jerry receives at the rehab center. What do you think the author is trying to say about drug use? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Eve's relationship with Summerset and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)