|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What garment does Leonardo make Eve try on in Chapter 12?
2. Which suspect in Pandora's murder case does Feeney learn has had a meeting with a travel consultant about a trip for two to the Eden Colony?
3. What tip does Eve get about Pandora's drug source while getting her makeover?
4. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
5. What does the AutoChef in Roarke's car serve Eve at the beginning of Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the novel's theme of getting too personally involved in a situation. Include a discussion of the danger Eve faces of getting too personally involved in the investigation of Pandora's murder when her friend Mavis is charged with the crime, a discussion of how Commander Whitney got too personally involved in a previous case, and how Peabody becomes too personally involved with Casto during the murder investigation to see his true character. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the treatment of women in Immortal in Death. Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Does the treatment of women in the futuristic world of the novel change any from what it is in the present day, or do women seem to be receiving the same treatment as they are now? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)