Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why do the police close the murder cases Eve has been investigating?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe Crack, the owner of the club Eve visits at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve is able to escape the killer at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancÃ© Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Eve feels intuitively during the novel that certain characters are innocent and that certain characters can't be trusted yet her intuition isn't something she can prove in a court of law. She needs physical evidence to prove the guilt or innocence of the suspects in the murder cases she investigates. Discuss the role of intuition and the role of science in Eve's homicide investigations. How do the two methods of approaching a case sometimes conflict with each other and how do they sometimes complement each other? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Immortal in Death contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)