|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Casto think Jerry Fitzgerald overdoses on Immortality?
2. When the murder victim's girlfriend arrives to identify the victim, what does Eve have to do to prevent the woman from contaminating the crime scene?
3. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
4. In Chapter 18, who does Justin Young agree to testify against in exchange for a deal from the cops?
5. Who has leaked information about the murder investigation to Channel 75 news reporter Nadine Furst?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
2. What happens to Eve when she goes to the restroom to check on Peabody during her bachelorette party in Chapter 20?
3. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
4. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
5. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
6. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
7. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
8. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
9. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
10. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationships of Mavis and Leonardo, Justin and Jerry, and Peabody and Casto. Do either of the secondary characters' romances mirror that of Eve and Roarke? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)