|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hetta Moppett's tie to the murders Eve is investigating?
2. Where does Eve think Jerry Fitzgerald will go once she's released from jail?
3. What happens to Eve on the night of her bachelor party when she goes to the bathroom to check on Peabody?
4. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
5. What does Dr. Engrave, the horticulturist, identify as the source of the unknown substance in the Immortality drug mix?
Essay Topic 1
While Eve is a homicide detective, her fiancÃ© Roarke is one of the richest men in the world. Discuss how Roarke's wealth affects his relationship with Eve and Eve's police investigations. What theme(s) or lesson(s) do you think the author is trying to convey through her depiction of Roarke's wealth and Eve's lack of wealth in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Immortal in Death. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)