|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Eve arrest Paul Redford?
2. Which East End club does Eve visit at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Which of the following statements is not a reason Eve does not immediately charge Jerry Fitzgerald with Pandora's murder?
4. Whose public breakup does Nadine Furst report to Eve in the parking garage?
5. What incident allows Jerry Fitzgerald to escape the police officer assigned to guard her room and get a fatal dose of Immortality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry Fitzgerald's blue health drink contain and how does this ingredient relate to Pandora's murder?
2. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
3. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
4. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
5. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
6. What information does Eve learn from Crack, the owner of the Down and Dirty Club, about the new drug blend on the streets?
7. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
8. Describe how Eve interrogates the three suspects who were at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder.
9. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
10. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of looking younger motivates characters in Immortal in Death to take the drug Immortality. Discuss the influence of the entertainment industry in which many of the characters of the novel are involved on their desire to look perpetually young and their willingness to take addictive and potentially fatal drugs in an attempt to do so. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Pandora, Mavis, and Dr. Mira from Immortal in death. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of gender role in Immortal in Death. Give examples of how at least three of the following characters exhibit typical or atypical gender role behavior for the era in which the novel is set: Crack, Eve, Leonardo, and Mavis. What do you think the author is trying to say about gender role in 2058 society through these characters? Is she also perhaps trying to say something about gender role in present day society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)