|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eve's girls' bachelor party held?
2. Where does Eve send Jerry Fitzgerald in lieu of sending her to jail?
3. While at the florists with Roarke to select the flowers for her wedding, what information does Eve ask the florist to divulge?
4. What does Crack tell Eve the unknown drug blend on the streets is called?
5. What does Roarke try to give Eve to drink after her nightmare at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
2. What is Roarke's reaction to Casto when meeting him and how does his opinion of Casto compare to Eve's?
3. Why does Eve agree to a makeover?
4. Why does Eve go to the media about Pandora's murder and why does she go to Nadine Furst?
5. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
6. Why does Casto want Jerry charged with Pandora's murder?
7. Who is Dr. Engrave and what does Dr. Engrave reveal about the origin of the drug Immortality?
8. How does Eve's relationship with Summerset change in Chapter 12?
9. What does Eve learn in Chapter 15 about Paul Redford's involvement with the drug Immortality?
10. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Roarke and Eve. How do their childhood histories impact their present relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of drug use in Immortal in Death. Include the use and sale of Immortality as well as the drugs Roarke gives Eve to relax her and the sedative Jerry receives at the rehab center. What do you think the author is trying to say about drug use? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Eve's dreams are a recurring motif throughout Immortal in Death. Cite three examples from the text of the use of this motif and discuss what you think the dreams represent in each example.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)