|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
(a) She wants to discuss her feelings for Roarke.
(b) The stress of having to arrest Mavis drives her to the edge.
(c) She is consumed with guilt over Boomer's death.
(d) She is depressed over not getting a promotion.
2. Whose parents are Free-Agers?
3. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She is locked out of her apartment.
(b) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
(c) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(d) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
4. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
(a) Casto is Boomer's neighbor.
(b) Casto is Boomer's brother.
(c) Like Eve, Casto used Boomer as a snitch.
(d) Casto often arrested Boomer.
5. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
(a) Navigating through New York traffic.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Playing raquetball.
(d) Wearing high heeled shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
2. What does Leonardo do in Eve's office in Chapter 5?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
4. In Chapter 2, which fellow police officer does Eve ask to assist her with Boomer's murder case?
5. What kind of childhood has Eve had?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
2. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
3. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
4. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
5. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
6. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
7. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
8. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
9. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
10. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)