|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, which fellow police officer does Eve ask to assist her with Boomer's murder case?
(c) Commander Whitney.
2. Who posts bail for Mavis?
(a) Jerry Fitzgerald.
3. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
4. Why does Commander Whitney advise Eve to step down as primary investigator in Pandora's homicide?
(a) Whitney thinks Feeney would do a better job than Eve.
(b) She is a close friend to Mavis, the prime suspect in the case.
(c) She needs to concentrate on planning her wedding to Roarke.
(d) She's been working too hard lately and needs a rest.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
(b) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
(c) A hot room with a single locked window.
(d) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
3. What mistake has Eve's superior officer Commander Whitney made in the past while working a case with Eve?
4. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
5. Why do Mavis's lawyers not want to use a truth detection test or hypnosis in her defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
2. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
3. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
4. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
5. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
6. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
7. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
8. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
9. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
10. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)