|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
(a) It's two feet wide.
(b) It's neon green and blue.
(c) It's in French.
(d) It's a hologram.
2. In Chapter 7, who accuses Eve of being an incompetent investigator and an incompetent friend for arresting Mavis?
3. Who calls Eve "Sir"?
4. What is Eve's relationship to Boomer, the man whose corpse she views at the police station in Chapter 2?
(a) He was her boss.
(b) He was her boyfriend.
(c) He was her uncle.
(d) He was her snitch.
5. What does Leonardo fear when he notices an abundance of dried blood on his arm and hand and clothing upon waking?
(a) That he has killed someone.
(b) That he shot himself by sleeping on his gun.
(c) That someone has tried to kill him.
(d) That he is severely injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry Fitzgerald say about Pandora's drug use?
2. Why does Eve interview Paul Redford about Pandora's murder?
3. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
4. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
2. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
3. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
4. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
5. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
6. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
7. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
8. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
9. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
10. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)