|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
(a) She wants her lawyers to use the media for her defense.
(b) She thinks it will help her career.
(c) She hates it and becomes tearful when it's mentioned.
(d) She plans to ignore it and hope it goes away.
2. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
(a) She and Pandora fought there.
(b) She was not there at the time she testified she was.
(c) In the club, her neck was scratched but not her face.
(d) She was there with Pandora.
3. What are the results of the lab report from Pandora's apartment?
(a) The only skin, fingerprints, and blood at the scene are Mavis's.
(b) The evidence proves Leonardo was present at the scene.
(c) There is no blood or fingerprint evidence. It was wiped clean.
(d) The fingerprint and blood evidence is of someone unknown.
4. What expensive equipment do Eve and her partner find in Boomer's room?
(a) Automotive equipment.
(b) A television.
(c) Construction tools.
(d) A data and communication center.
5. Who is Summerset?
(a) Mavis's boyfriend.
(b) Eve's coworker.
(c) Roarke's valet.
(d) Roarke's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonardo do in Eve's office in Chapter 5?
2. What mistake has Eve's superior officer Commander Whitney made in the past while working a case with Eve?
3. Who posts bail for Mavis?
4. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul Redford's history with Pandora?
2. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
3. Describe the condition of Boomer's apartment when Eve and Peabody investigate it.
4. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
6. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
7. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
8. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
9. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
10. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)