|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
(a) That Dickie Berenski's computer is out of date.
(b) That it originates off planet rather than on earth.
(c) That the component is a brand new man-made substance.
(d) That the component is from a foreign country.
2. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Commander Whitney.
3. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(b) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
(c) She is locked out of her apartment.
(d) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
4. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(c) Ten in the morning.
(d) Three in the morning.
5. What off planet location did Pandora visit shortly before her death?
(a) Planet Zaygo.
(b) Starlight Station.
(c) The moon.
(d) Carpatinian Station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
2. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
3. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
4. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
5. What effect has Commander Whitney's mistake had on his relationship with Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
2. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
3. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
4. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
5. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
7. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
8. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
9. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
10. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)