|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justin Young's profession?
(a) He's a brain surgeon.
(b) He's a tennis pro.
(c) He's a race car driver.
(d) He's an actor.
2. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
(a) Peabody wants to be primary investigator for both cases.
(b) The chief wants a progress report on both cases.
(c) The chief thinks Eve is doing a lousy job on the cases.
(d) Casto wants the cases moved to his department's jurisdiction.
3. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) His brother, Felix.
(b) His manager, Paul Redford.
(c) His wife, Suzanne.
(d) Jerry Fitzgerald.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Boomer's room?
(a) Empty fast-food boxes everywhere.
(b) Pristine, swept, and mopped.
(c) Dirty laundry and linens everywhere.
(d) A hot room with a single locked window.
5. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He whistles.
(b) He sucks in his breath and his eyes glaze.
(c) He faints.
(d) He asks for Jerry's autograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sandwich does Feeney order at Club Zigzag?
2. What does Leonardo do in Eve's office in Chapter 5?
3. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
4. Where in Boomer's room do Eve and her partner find a blue powder that turns out to be an illegal substance, i.e. a drug?
5. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo in Chapter 2 when she finds him with Eve and Mavis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eve deliberately provoke Jerry Fitzgerald into assaulting her with a glass of champagne?
2. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
3. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
4. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
5. Why doesn't Eve charge Jerry with Pandora's murder once Jerry admits to hating Pandora and wanting her dead?
6. What is Paul Redford's history with Pandora?
7. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
8. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
9. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
10. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)