|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
(c) Commander Whitney.
2. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Three days.
3. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) Commander Whitney.
4. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A new car.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new apartment.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Jake Casto?
(a) Short and unattractive.
(b) Long, straight nose and sly dimple.
(c) Wheat-colored hair, tanned face, and bottle-green eyes.
(d) A sun-bleached cowboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casto call Peabody in Chapter 8?
2. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
3. How does Eve react when Pandora attacks her at Leonardo's?
4. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
5. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
2. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
3. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
6. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
7. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
8. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
9. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
10. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)