|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the "I love New York" bumper sticker Eve spots in traffic in Chapter 8?
(a) It's two feet wide.
(b) It's a hologram.
(c) It's in French.
(d) It's neon green and blue.
2. What evidence from Leonardo does Eve have tested?
(a) Videotape from Leonardo's security camera.
(b) The cut on Leonardo's arm and his bloody clothing.
(c) Drugs in Leonardo's possession.
(d) Leonardo's gun and fingerprints.
3. In what city does Immortal in Death occur?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
4. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
(a) Cooperate with each other with Eve still primary investigator.
(b) Give both cases to Peabody and Feeney.
(c) Split the cases with each handling one.
(d) Tie Mavis to both cases.
5. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(d) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve think Roarke balances well and that she could learn to balance better?
2. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. How long does Commander Whitney give Eve to solve her case in Chapter 2 before he will reassign it to another officer?
4. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
5. What are "Free-Agers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
2. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
3. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
4. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
5. Does Eve approach her interview of Mavis concerning Pandora's murder in Chapter 4 as a cop or as a friend and how does Mavis respond to Eve's approach?
6. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
7. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
8. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
9. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
10. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)