|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Sapphire blue.
2. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(d) Commander Whitney.
3. What does Paul Redford tell Eve about Pandora's drug use?
(a) She was high on a new drug the night of her murder.
(b) She only used prescription drugs.
(c) She never used drugs.
(d) She liked alcohol but no other drugs.
4. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new apartment.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A wedding dress.
5. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose parents are Free-Agers?
2. In which department does Casto work at the police station?
3. With whom does Justin Young tell Eve that Pandora was romantically involved at the time of her death?
4. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
5. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
2. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
3. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Explain how Eve uses physical and scientific evidence to corroborate eyewitness testimony.
5. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
6. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
7. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
8. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
9. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
10. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)