|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
(a) Her new makeup.
(b) The bronze silk wedding gown he designs.
(c) Her new hairstyle.
(d) The high heels she buys from him.
2. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) She has been in a car wreck and is injured.
(b) She is stranded at a downtown club and needs a ride home.
(c) She thinks Pandora is dead and doesn't know what to do.
(d) She is locked out of her apartment.
3. What mistake has Eve's superior officer Commander Whitney made in the past while working a case with Eve?
(a) He didn't pursue leads.
(b) He got too personally involved in a case.
(c) He missed key evidence.
(d) He let a suspect get away from him.
4. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
5. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
(a) Eggs and tea.
(b) Lobster and caviar.
(c) A hamburger and fries.
(d) Steak and a baked potato with wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve observe on Mavis's hand during their call?
2. What does Paul Redford tell Eve about Pandora's drug use?
3. With whom does Justin Young tell Eve that Pandora was romantically involved at the time of her death?
4. Who accompanies Eve to Leonardo's apartment to assist Mavis?
5. What are the benefits of Boomer's drug?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
2. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
3. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
4. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
5. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
6. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
7. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
8. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
9. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
10. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)