|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justin Young's profession?
(a) He's a race car driver.
(b) He's a tennis pro.
(c) He's a brain surgeon.
(d) He's an actor.
2. What is Leonardo's reaction when attacked by Pandora?
(a) He uses martial arts to defend himself from attack.
(b) He evades Pandora and wrings his hands.
(c) He pulls a gun and threatens to shoot Pandora.
(d) He flees the apartment and leaves Eve with Pandora.
3. How does Eve identify Pandora's body?
(a) By Pandora's dental records.
(b) By Pandora's red hair.
(c) By Pandora's DNA.
(d) By the big birthmark on Pandora's thigh.
4. Why does Roarke consider his home's many amenities survival tools?
(a) After a childhood of poverty, he is obsessed with wealth.
(b) They're his means of relaxation in a fast-moving world.
(c) He has health issues that require exercise and relaxation.
(d) He is a spoiled rich man who can't live without luxuries.
5. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
(a) She is depressed over not getting a promotion.
(b) She is consumed with guilt over Boomer's death.
(c) The stress of having to arrest Mavis drives her to the edge.
(d) She wants to discuss her feelings for Roarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does Leonardo fear when he notices an abundance of dried blood on his arm and hand and clothing upon waking?
3. What does Eve think Roarke balances well and that she could learn to balance better?
4. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
5. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
3. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
4. What conflict does Eve experience regarding Mavis while investigating Pandora's murder?
5. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
6. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
8. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
9. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
10. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)