|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
(a) To pursue a police investigation.
(b) To look for a new apartment.
(c) To meet a dress designer her friend Mavis recommends.
(d) To visit an old boyfriend.
2. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
(a) She wants to discuss her feelings for Roarke.
(b) She is consumed with guilt over Boomer's death.
(c) She is depressed over not getting a promotion.
(d) The stress of having to arrest Mavis drives her to the edge.
3. Which fellow police officer does Eve request as her assistant in the investigation of Boomer's murder?
(a) Commander Whitney.
4. What is the relationship between Mavis and Leonardo?
(a) They are business associates.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are romantically involved with each other.
(d) They are siblings.
5. What security measure is present in the lobby of Boomer's flophouse?
(a) A security guard.
(b) A burglar alarm.
(c) A security camera.
(d) A security droid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mavis make an audiovisual uplink call to Eve in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
3. What is Justin Young's relationship with Pandora?
4. What weapon was used to kill Pandora?
5. What kind of domestic staff does Pandora employ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
2. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
3. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
4. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
5. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
6. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
7. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
8. What conflict does Eve experience regarding Mavis while investigating Pandora's murder?
9. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)