|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Roarke when Eve arrives home after her session with Dr. Mira?
(a) In his home gymnasium.
(b) In the shower.
(c) At work.
(d) In his car traveling to a business meeting.
2. Whose fashion show does Jerry Fitzgerald want to give her support to now that Pandora is dead and unable to support it?
3. What is Mavis's attitude about the media attention her arrest is bringing her?
(a) She hates it and becomes tearful when it's mentioned.
(b) She wants her lawyers to use the media for her defense.
(c) She plans to ignore it and hope it goes away.
(d) She thinks it will help her career.
4. What does the chief order Eve and Casto to do about the Boomer and Pandora cases?
(a) Split the cases with each handling one.
(b) Give both cases to Peabody and Feeney.
(c) Cooperate with each other with Eve still primary investigator.
(d) Tie Mavis to both cases.
5. What is Pandora's relationship with Leonardo?
(a) She's his neighbor.
(b) She's his lover.
(c) She's his cousin.
(d) She's his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
2. What is Roarke's relationship with Pandora?
3. What security measure is present in the lobby of Boomer's flophouse?
4. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
5. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
2. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
3. What is the function of the droid Eve encounters at Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
5. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
6. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. Describe Eve's childhood and how her childhood experiences motivated her to become a cop.
8. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
9. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
10. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)