|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
(b) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
(c) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(d) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
2. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) An overdose can kill the user.
(b) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(c) Where it is produced.
(d) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
4. Where is Roarke when Eve arrives home after her session with Dr. Mira?
(a) At work.
(b) In his home gymnasium.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In his car traveling to a business meeting.
5. Where do Eve and Peabody find Jake Casto when they return to the police station after meeting with Dickie Berenski in Chapter 8?
(a) At the coffee pot in the employee lounge.
(b) In Peabody's office sitting at her desk.
(c) With Commander Whitney.
(d) In Eve's office sitting at her desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. Why does Eve make an appointment with Dr. Mira, the police psychologist?
3. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
4. Who goes with Eve to Boomer's flophouse at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. Why do Mavis's lawyers not want to use a truth detection test or hypnosis in her defense?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
2. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
3. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does Jerry become addicted to Immortality?
5. What do Eve and Peabody find when they search Pandora's house?
6. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
7. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
8. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
9. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
10. Who does Casto believe is responsible for Pandora's murder and why doesn't Eve agree with his theory?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)