|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pandora's relationship with Leonardo?
(a) She's his cousin.
(b) She's his neighbor.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his lover.
2. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
(a) The chief wants a progress report on both cases.
(b) The chief thinks Eve is doing a lousy job on the cases.
(c) Casto wants the cases moved to his department's jurisdiction.
(d) Peabody wants to be primary investigator for both cases.
3. In the novel's opening line, what does the protagonist say is murder?
(a) Wearing high heeled shoes.
(b) Playing raquetball.
(c) Navigating through New York traffic.
(d) Getting married.
4. Which of the following statements is not something Eve's computer analysis reveals about the blue powder from Boomer's room?
(a) An overdose can kill the user.
(b) Its benefits include cell regeneration.
(c) It causes euphoria, paranoia, and delusions.
(d) Where it is produced.
5. Who in Chapter 4 claims that Pandora was high on drugs the night she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mavis's lawyers advise her to resume her relationship with Leonardo?
2. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 2, which fellow police officer does Eve ask to assist her with Boomer's murder case?
4. Where does Leonardo awaken at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
2. Describe the futuristic world in which Immortal in Death is set.
3. What physical evidence implicates Mavis in Pandora's murder and makes it necessary for Eve to arrest her friend?
4. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
5. Describe the condition of Boomer's apartment when Eve and Peabody investigate it.
6. What data does Dickie Berenski provide about the unknown substance Eve retrieved from Boomer's apartment?
7. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
8. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
9. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
10. Who is Pandora and why does she attack Eve and Mavis in Chapter 2?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)