|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
(a) Its overhead simulates starlight, sunshine, or moonlight.
(b) It has a black-bottomed lagoon.
(c) It has tropical greenery.
(d) The pool has plastic mermaids floating in it.
2. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She follows the scent of his cologne.
(b) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(c) A compumap.
(d) The wall sensor.
3. With whom did Justin Young attend the party at Pandora's house on the night of Pandora's murder?
(a) His manager, Paul Redford.
(b) His brother, Felix.
(c) Jerry Fitzgerald.
(d) His wife, Suzanne.
4. Who arrests Mavis in Chapter 7 for Pandora's murder?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, when Eve comes home after her session with Dr. Mira, who does she expect to greet her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
2. What is Paul Redford's relationship to Pandora?
3. Where in Boomer's room do Eve and her partner find a blue powder that turns out to be an illegal substance, i.e. a drug?
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Eve's fiance Roarke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
2. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
3. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
4. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
5. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
6. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
7. Why is Eve terrified of marriage?
8. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
9. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
10. What do Eve and her fiance Roarke have in common?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)