|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve use to locate Roarke's whereabouts in the apartment at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) She follows the barks of his pet dog.
(b) She follows the scent of his cologne.
(c) A compumap.
(d) The wall sensor.
2. What do the toxicology reports on Pandora's corpse reveal?
(a) Pandora had Boomer's drug in her system when she died.
(b) Pandora had beer in her system when she died.
(c) Pandora ate tofu the day she died.
(d) Pandora had no drugs or alcohol in her system when she died.
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A new car.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A new apartment.
4. Why does Mavis want Leonardo to meet with Eve?
(a) So he can fit Eve's wedding dress to her.
(b) So Eve can explain to him Mavis's legal situation.
(c) So he can tell Eve what he knows about Pandora's murder.
(d) So he can give Eve love letters to relay to Mavis.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the pool area in Roarke's home?
(a) It has a black-bottomed lagoon.
(b) It has tropical greenery.
(c) Its overhead simulates starlight, sunshine, or moonlight.
(d) The pool has plastic mermaids floating in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what event did Mavis's face get injured?
2. What does Jerry Fitzgerald say about Pandora's drug use?
3. What do the security videos at Club Zigzag reveal about Mavis on the night of Pandora's murder that point to her possible guilt in the crime?
4. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
5. Where do Eve and Peabody find Jake Casto when they return to the police station after meeting with Dickie Berenski in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Peabody and Casto in Chapter 13 and what does Eve think of the change in her coworkers' relationship?
2. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
3. Describe Eve's nightmares and why Eve is terrified of facing memories of her childhood.
4. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
6. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
7. What clears Mavis of murder charges in Chapter 16?
8. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. Why does Eve think she should be arrested for murder in Chapter 13 and what does Dr. Mira help her to realize about the killing that so distresses her?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)