|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
(a) At Eve's office at the police station.
(b) At the Zigzag Club.
(c) At Leonardo's apartment.
(d) In Roarke's apartment.
2. Why do Mavis's lawyers not want to use a truth detection test or hypnosis in her defense?
(a) They're afraid of what would be revealed by such tests.
(b) They don't believe Mavis is emotionally stable enough to test.
(c) They think such tests are unreliable.
(d) They have other defense strategies in mind.
3. Why do Mavis's lawyers advise her to resume her relationship with Leonardo?
(a) To distract her while Eve searches for the real killer.
(b) To keep her thinking positively and prevent her depression.
(c) To add a sympathy & romance factor in the public awareness.
(d) To trick Leonardo into confessing to her.
4. What does Eve realize Roarke has done to her at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He has stolen her car.
(b) He has poisoned her.
(c) He has drugged her to make her sleep.
(d) He has confined her to her room.
5. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eve's experience traveling off planet?
2. What does Eve ask Leonardo at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What is Eve going shopping for at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Eve called to the chief's office concerning the Pandora and Boomer homicides?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. Why does Eve think that Pandora's murder and Boomer's are linked?
3. How has Eve's relationship with her superior officer, Commander Whitney, changed since Eve's last case?
4. What testimony does Leonardo give about the night of Pandora's murder?
5. Why is Eve surprised to find human employees at the Zigzag Club?
6. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
7. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
8. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
9. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
10. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)