|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roarke serve Eve when she comes home late in Chapter 7 after a grueling day arresting and booking Mavis?
(a) Eggs and tea.
(b) A hamburger and fries.
(c) Lobster and caviar.
(d) Steak and a baked potato with wine.
2. To what does Leonardo confess?
(a) Pandora's murder.
(b) Drug possession.
(c) Boomer's murder.
(d) Drug peddling.
3. What time is it when Eve gets home after spending all day investigating Boomer's death?
(b) Ten in the morning.
(c) Three in the morning.
4. Who is responsible for the scratches and bruises on Mavis's face in Chapter 4?
5. When Mavis sees the mess in Leonardo's apartment, what does she fear has happened?
(a) That Pandora has killed herself.
(b) That Leonardo has injured or killed himself.
(c) That someone has killed Leonardo.
(d) That Leonardo's dog is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who posts bail for Mavis?
2. Who is Summerset?
3. What kind of domestic staff does Pandora employ?
4. In what year is Immortal in Death set?
5. What is on the walls of Leonardo's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve's session with Dr. Mira leave Eve feeling at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What incidents in Chapter 2 show Eve's competence as a police officer?
3. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
4. Explain how Eve uses physical and scientific evidence to corroborate eyewitness testimony.
5. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
6. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
7. Why does Eve have to treat Mavis with more aggression than a usual suspect?
8. How does Eve get Dickie Berenski to speed up his report on the evidence from Boomer's apartment?
9. What does Pandora threaten to do to Leonardo if he doesn't stop seeing Mavis?
10. In Chapter 3, how does Roarke assist Eve with her investigation of Boomer's murder?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)