|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve find in Boomer's room in the same place where she finds the blue powder?
(a) A gun.
(b) A box of stolen jewels.
(c) A sealed disc.
(d) A dead body.
2. Why does Eve visit Soho in Chapter 1?
(a) To meet a dress designer her friend Mavis recommends.
(b) To look for a new apartment.
(c) To pursue a police investigation.
(d) To visit an old boyfriend.
3. What tactic does Eve use to get the report she needs from Dickie Berenski?
(a) She bribes him with cash.
(b) She bribes him with tickets to a baseball game.
(c) She threatens to report him to his superiors.
(d) She threatens to arrest his son, a drug user.
4. What is Feeney's reaction when he first sees the beautiful Jerry Fitzgerald?
(a) He asks for Jerry's autograph.
(b) He faints.
(c) He whistles.
(d) He sucks in his breath and his eyes glaze.
5. What does Casto invite Eve to do with him in Chapter 5?
(a) Go out to eat.
(b) Join him on a stakeout.
(c) Investigate a case together.
(d) Go dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
2. What does Leonardo say in Chapter 1 will make Eve look like a goddess?
3. Who does Pandora attack after attacking Eve and Leonardo?
4. When he awakens at the beginning of Chapter 5, why doesn't Leonardo remember where he was the previous night?
5. Which of the following statements is not a reason Mavis so cheerful at the beginning of Chapter 8, despite her recent arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
2. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
3. How does Eve's relationship with Commander Whitney foreshadow the conflict she encounters while investigating Pandora's murder in Chapter 5?
4. When Eve and Peabody investigate Boomer's flophouse in Chapter 3, what do they find under his mattress and how does Eve believe this discovery relates to Boomer's murder?
5. Why does Roarke have such a state of the art gym?
6. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
7. What is Casto's relationship with Eve?
8. Why is Mavis calm at breakfast in Chapter 8 despite the fact that a murder charge is hanging over her head?
9. Explain how Eve uses physical and scientific evidence to corroborate eyewitness testimony.
10. Describe Eve's relationship with Roarke.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)