|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color has Mavis dyed her hair at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Sapphire blue.
2. What is Mavis's reaction when Eve tells her Leonard has confessed to Pandora's murder?
(a) She confides she has always believed in his guilt.
(b) She wants him arrested at once.
(c) She is relieved he has confessed so she can go free.
(d) She insists Leonardo is incapable of such an act.
3. What is Casto's relationship with Boomer?
(a) Casto is Boomer's brother.
(b) Like Eve, Casto used Boomer as a snitch.
(c) Casto is Boomer's neighbor.
(d) Casto often arrested Boomer.
4. What is frustrating about Chief Tech Dickie Berenski's processing of evidence in the police station lab?
(a) He's fast but inaccurate.
(b) He only processes evidence for cops he likes.
(c) He's always losing evidence.
(d) He's notoriously slow but highly accurate.
5. Which of the following does not describe Roarke's past history?
(a) Roarke's father beat him and broke his bones.
(b) Roarke studied piano at an early age and was a child prodigy.
(c) Men wanting to hurt Roarke murdered Summerset's daughter.
(d) Summerset took Roarke in after finding him in an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon was used to kill Pandora?
2. What does the fact that Dickie Berenski's computer is unable to identify one of the components of the drug found in Boomer's room indicate about that component?
3. Who broke Eve's arm when she was a child?
4. Where does Mavis suggest that Leonardo and Eve meet?
5. What does Casto want Eve to get from the police lab for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roarke promise to help Eve clear Mavis in Chapter 7?
2. What is Paul Redford's history with Pandora?
3. Explain how intuition affects Eve's investigation of murder cases.
4. Why does Mavis call Eve in a panic in the middle of the night at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What prompts Eve to make an appointment with the police psychologist?
6. Why is Officer Feeney so in awe of Justin Young and Jerry Fitzgerald when he and Eve interrogate them in Chapter 6 and how does his beguilement affect the interview?
7. What is the history of Roarke's relationship with Summerset?
8. What does Jake Casto do in Chapter 9 to get Eve's cooperation in the murder case and why is Eve unwilling to fully trust Casto?
9. What evidence in Chapter 4 makes Mavis look guilty of murdering Pandora?
10. What does the fact that Eve shares information about the disc with the formula of the drug on it with Commander Whitney but not with Lieutenant Casto indicate about her relationship with each man?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)