Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
2. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
5. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
What is the importance of tuberculosis in The Immoralist?
Why doesn't Michel simply divorce Marceline and live the life he secretly wants to lead? What does this tell us about Michel's character or beliefs?
Michel's conflict is due to his repressed homosexual desires that were very controversial in the late 1800s when the story was set and the early 1900s when the book was actually published. How would The Immoralist be perceived in today's day and time with our culture's standards?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)