|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
2. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Michel befriends another of Bocage's sons. What is his name?
5. What is the stolen item that is returned to Michel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Menalque and Marceline as foils in The Immoralist.
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevails in The Immoralist? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Does the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)