|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pleads for the person to stay instead of leaving the family estate in the autumn?
2. Which boy -- now a man-- is still attractive to Michel?
3. Is Michel interested in what the caretaker tries to explain?
4. How does Michel feel about Marceline's news?
5. When do Michel and his wife depart for their new destination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Charles to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of tuberculosis in The Immoralist?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character description of Michel. Is he a major or minor character? Protagonist or antagonist? Support your answer with specific evidence form the story.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)