|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
2. How does Michel sum up his thoughts on his marriage?
3. How many men are sent to clear out some of the trees on the family estate?
4. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
5. What distracts Michel once he begins concentrating on his academics again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the use of the first person point of view affect the reader's perception of Michel and his story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of health throughout the novel.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)