|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
2. How does Michel sum up his thoughts on his marriage?
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
5. Why is Michel no longer attracted to Charles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of tuberculosis in The Immoralist?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Charles to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)