|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Does Michel love his wife?
3. Why isn't Michel attracted to Charles' brother?
4. Who expresses concern about the expenditures of the new furnishings in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. How does Michel think travel will affect his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of tuberculosis in The Immoralist?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Charles to the story? How might the novel have differed if he had not been introduced as a minor character?
Essay Topic 3
What religious actions are insinuated when Michel jumps into a cold pond in Part 1? How are these actions important to the story?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)