|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose homosexual tendencies are surfacing stronger in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
3. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
5. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the primary theme of The Immoralist? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Menalque and Marceline as foils in The Immoralist.
Essay Topic 3
What religious actions are insinuated when Michel jumps into a cold pond in Part 1? How are these actions important to the story?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)