|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend does Michel see when leaving his classroom one day?
2. What kind of housing do Michel and his wife choose when they move in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. Whose homosexual tendencies are surfacing stronger in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What interest does Michel have in Charles in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 3, which hotel do Michel and Marceline stay in upon reaching their final destination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What aspects and experiences of the author's own life might be drawn upon for inspiration in The Immoralist? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Michel simply divorce Marceline and live the life he secretly wants to lead? What does this tell us about Michel's character or beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Does the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)