Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
2. What new hobby does Michel develop after returning to the family's country estate?
3. Whose sister is a prostitute?
4. Where has the 18-year-old man (in Part 2, Chapter 1) been working before returning to Michel's family estate?
5. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
What is the primary theme of The Immoralist? How does the author present this theme? How does the theme develop throughout the novel?
What religious actions are insinuated when Michel jumps into a cold pond in Part 1? How are these actions important to the story?
Compare and contrast Menalque and Marceline as foils in The Immoralist.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)