|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
2. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
3. What activities do Michel and his new male friend enjoy together in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Why does the person leave the family estate in autumn?
5. Who catches Michel and the prostitute in bed and gets jealous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does social class play in The Immoralist? To which social class does Michel belong? To which social class does Menalque belong?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in The Immoralist.
Essay Topic 3
What is Michel's tone at the beginning and end of the novel? What does the change in tone throughout the novel suggest?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)