|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which boy -- now a man-- is still attractive to Michel?
2. What impacts Marceline's feelings about the social activities of their life in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. Which character believes that each joy and sorrow must be abandoned immediately to make room for the next new thing?
4. What is the name of the18-year-old man Michel meets in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. How does Michel spend most of his days after learning Marceline's news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Does the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character, Michel, and his character development throughout the novel
Essay Topic 3
What religious actions are insinuated when Michel jumps into a cold pond in Part 1? How are these actions important to the story?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)