|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Michel once he begins concentrating on his academics again?
2. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
3. Is Michel interested in what the caretaker tries to explain?
4. How does Michel feel about Marceline's news?
5. What kind of housing do Michel and his wife choose when they move in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss three points of foreshadowing from the novel. Does the author use foreshadowing effectively? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in The Immoralist.
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Michel simply divorce Marceline and live the life he secretly wants to lead? What does this tell us about Michel's character or beliefs?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)