|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends an open house hosted by Michel and his wife in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, where does Michel prefer to sleep?
3. Who has been assigned a diplomatic duty in another country?
4. When nursing Marceline back to health, when does Michel leave her side?
5. Who pleads for the person to stay instead of leaving the family estate in the autumn?
Essay Topic 1
Michel's conflict is due to his repressed homosexual desires that were very controversial in the late 1800s when the story was set and the early 1900s when the book was actually published. How would The Immoralist be perceived in today's day and time with our culture's standards?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
What is Michel's tone at the beginning and end of the novel? What does the change in tone throughout the novel suggest?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)