|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michel befriends another of Bocage's sons. What is his name?
2. Which boy -- now a man-- is still attractive to Michel?
3. How does Michel resolve the jealousy?
4. What city do Michel and his wife move to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. When does Michel walk away from Marceline?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Michel simply divorce Marceline and live the life he secretly wants to lead? What does this tell us about Michel's character or beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevails in The Immoralist? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 3
How does the use of the first person point of view affect the reader's perception of Michel and his story?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)