|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Michel and his wife feel about the social activities at their home in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. Who must leave the family estate when autumn arrives?
3. Why do the young boys Michel once knew and liked repulse him now?
4. What distracts Michel once he begins concentrating on his academics again?
5. What does the caretaker try to explain to Michel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Michel's tone at the beginning and end of the novel? What does the change in tone throughout the novel suggest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss types of figurative language used by the author in The Immoralist.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the two examples of situational irony present in the last part of the novel.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)