|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marceline while Michel is visiting his friend?
2. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
3. The author uses a sentence twice: "The autumn was advancing." This technique creates a sense of urgency. The technique is called...
4. According to Michel's friend in Part 2, Chapter 2, having possessions gives a man...
5. What city do Michel and his wife move to in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevails in The Immoralist? Select a different type of conflict and explain how the story would have differed under that particular type of conflict.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of health throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does the use of the first person point of view affect the reader's perception of Michel and his story?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)