|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michel walking to the city in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) For fun.
(b) To pick up a delivery.
(c) To meet young boys.
(d) To meet his wife's carriage.
2. How does Michel feel about returning to his studies?
(a) He liked the vacation, but is ready to study again.
(b) He is indifferent to his studies.
(c) He hates them now.
(d) He realizes he missed them.
3. Why do Michel and his wife decide to leave the hotel?
(a) Harsh winter weather is approaching.
(b) They want a change of scenery.
(c) The expense is getting ridiculous.
(d) They are fighting and want to get back home.
4. Michel ghostwrites books for...
(a) An educational company.
(b) His father.
(c) His university.
(d) The king.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, who is driving the carriage in which Michel's wife is riding?
(a) An old woman.
(b) His wife herself.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A madman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 9, where do Michel and his wife decide to visit before going home?
2. How old is Michel's wife when they marry?
3. As Michel's health improves he still experiences...
4. Why does Michel prefer to take his walks alone?
5. Where is the first stop for Michel and his wife when they leave Biskra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michel walk to Positano?
2. What happens when Marceline asks Michel to pray for her?
3. What big news does Michel receive while at the family estate, and how does he react to it?
4. When is the novel written and what time period serves as the novel's setting?
5. Explain why Moktir is Michel's favorite boy.
6. Why does Michel marry Marceline?
7. How does Marceline help in Michel's recovery from tuberculosis?
8. What does Michel's honeymoon trip symbolize? Explain why.
9. How does Marceline feel about her role as Michel's wife by the end of Part 2, and why?
10. How does Michel spend his time on the night Marceline dies?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)