|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michel's wife sit on completion of her carriage ride into town in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) In the box next to Michel.
(b) In the back.
(c) On the back of the horse.
(d) She walks beside the carriage.
2. Why does Michel marry his wife?
(a) He promised his father he would.
(b) He fell in love at first sight with her.
(c) Because he had loved her all his life.
(d) To get citizenship.
3. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 3, who is Michel's favorite boy?
4. To how many friends does Michel confess?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, Michel's wife introduces him to a new place to walk. What is this place?
(a) A park full of playground equipment.
(b) A shady grove of gardens.
(c) A pathway to an orchard.
(d) A grove of cypress trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which house will Michel and his wife live in when he starts his new job?
2. How does Michel feel about the work he asked the barber to do?
3. At what time of day do Michel and his wife leave their hotel?
4. Where do Michel and his wife shop on their honeymoon?
5. How does Michel's wife feel about seeing him take action in Part 1, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marceline help in Michel's recovery from tuberculosis?
2. How does Michel feel about his studies after returning from his honeymoon? Why does he feel this way?
3. What changes does autumn bring to Michel in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Michel doesn't really know Marceline when they marry. Why does he grow to love and respect his new wife on their honeymoon?
5. What happens when Marceline asks Michel to pray for her?
6. Discuss Michel's pursuit of physical vitality.
7. What is Marceline's role in Michel's life now that he has fully recovered from tuberculosis?
8. What happens to Marceline's health after losing the baby?
9. After making love for the first time, what emotions does Michel experience?
10. What big news does Michel receive while at the family estate, and how does he react to it?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)