|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel ask the barber to do in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) To use leeches to make him healthier.
(b) To give him a goatee.
(c) To shave off his beard.
(d) To shave his mustache off.
2. Is Michel interested in what the caretaker tries to explain?
(a) No, but he pretends to be so he won't hurt the man's feelings.
(b) No, and he tells the man to never mind.
(c) Yes, but he doesn't comprehend it easily.
(d) Yes, he appreciates the man's time.
3. How does Michel feel about the work he asked the barber to do?
(a) He is ahead of the trend by shaving off his mustache only.
(b) He feels like people can read his thoughts more easily since he's not hiding behind a beard.
(c) He thinks the goatee will impress the young goatherds he met on his honeymoon.
(d) He wishes he'd never suggested the leeches.
4. Why does Michel get angry with Bocage?
(a) Bocage fired a man that Michel was attracted to.
(b) Bocage made a pass at Marceline.
(c) Bocage told him to mind his own business.
(d) For no reason.
5. Which boy -- now a man-- is still attractive to Michel?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what does the reader learn that Michel's change in attitude and appearance demonstrate?
2. Who runs errands for Michel every day?
3. Why does Michel's wife walk ahead in their new walking place?
4. Where do Michel and Marceline's travels take them in Part 3?
5. Who meets Michel and his wife when they arrive at the family estate?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)