|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michel's wife sit on completion of her carriage ride into town in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) She walks beside the carriage.
(b) In the back.
(c) In the box next to Michel.
(d) On the back of the horse.
2. How does Michel's wife feel about seeing him take action in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) She is impressed.
(b) She is mad.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is indifferent.
3. Why do Michel and his wife choose to move in the spring?
(a) They think the social life will boost Marceline's spirits.
(b) They want to get away to another country.
(c) So someone else can take care of Marceline.
(d) They hope the fresh air will help Marceline's recovery.
4. At the end of Part 1, Chapter 7, Michel begins to see his life with...
(a) Joy instead of shame.
(b) Shame instead of joy.
(c) Joy instead of fear.
(d) Fear instead of joy.
5. Why does Michel want to tell his story?
(a) In order to be free.
(b) He needs their permission to use their names in his book.
(c) To see how his friends react.
(d) He wants to write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose sister is a prostitute?
2. What does Michel think when the prostitute tells him why she thinks he stays in Tunis?
3. What happens to Marceline while Michel is visiting his friend?
4. Which is an example of alliteration?
5. In Part 1, Chapters 5-7, what do Michel's physical changes mirror?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)