|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two major changes does Michel make to help him toward a full recovery?
(a) He eats heartier and insists on fresh air.
(b) He eats less fat and insists on fresh air.
(c) He eats vegetables only and keeps his window closed.
(d) He exercises daily and eats less.
2. What does Michel study during his scholarly life?
(a) German and French.
(c) Greek and Latin.
(d) Mathematics and science.
3. What does Michel's wife immediately do when she learns he is sick?
(b) Calls for room service.
(c) Calls for a doctor.
4. Who does Michel find when he returns to the new walking place alone one evening?
(a) His wife.
(b) A handsome 12-year-old goatherd.
(d) A deformed little boy.
5. What surprises Michel about the work he and his father do together?
(a) How little they are paid.
(b) How much more work remains.
(c) The wealth they accumulate.
(d) Nothing -- Michel runs the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Michel recuperate from his illness on the honeymoon trip?
2. Who is the protagonist of The Immoralist?
3. To how many friends does Michel confess?
4. Where do Michel and his wife shop on their honeymoon?
5. Why does Michel's wife walk ahead in their new walking place?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)