|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actor does one of the normal guys Pam dates work for?
2. What does Michael Des Barres say is his father's title?
3. What band does Ray Davies play with?
4. In what city is Chuck Wein making a low budget film?
5. What LP does Michael Des Barres tell Pamela he loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael woo Pamela in Chapter 9?
2. How is Pam able to skip customs at the airport?
3. Why does Pamela feel depressed at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Why does Pam embark on a relationship with Sandy?
5. How does Donnie confuse Pamela?
6. What does Jimmy say to Pamela on April 13th?
7. How do things change between Pam and Jimmy Page?
8. How has the relationship between the GTOs worsened?
9. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
10. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and British culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s and 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)