|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What LP does Michael Des Barres tell Pamela he loved?
2. What is the name of Pamela's new boyfriend?
3. What does Pam make to help Donnie pay his rent?
4. Who does Patti say she wants to meet at the Jennings gig?
5. In what part of England does Noel Redding live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bad news does Pam hear in Chapter 5?
2. How does a relationship develop between Michael Des Barres and Pam?
3. What does Jimmy say to Pamela on April 13th?
4. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
5. How does an affair start between Marty and Pam?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What does Keith Moon confess to Pamela?
8. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
9. Why does Pamela feel depressed at the end of Chapter 5?
10. What does Marlon Brando tell Pam in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s and 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
Essay Topic 3
Asie from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)