|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the thirteen-year-old girl Jimmy Page starts to see?
2. Which of Woody's characters does Pam think he based on her?
3. What does Pam do while Marty works?
4. What do Pam and Renee sell when they run out of money?
5. What concert does Pam recall in her diary entry on December the 6th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marlon Brando tell Pam in Chapter 9?
2. In what way is Lane Caudell the opposite of Pam's usual taste in men?
3. How has the relationship between the GTOs worsened?
4. How is Pam able to skip customs at the airport?
5. Describe Pam's job at Danceland.
6. How does Pamela get over her relationship with Marty?
7. How does a relationship develop between Michael Des Barres and Pam?
8. Who becomes Pam's new obsession?
9. How does Jimmy page woo Pamela?
10. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Pam's generation face? How are the problems for Pam's generation different from the problems her parent's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Pam's assertion that she was only looking for love? Why do the students think it became such an obsession for Pamela to fall in love with a rock star?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)