|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lane Caudell like to start?
2. What concert does Pam recall in her diary entry on December the 6th?
3. What is Mick picking up from Marty's boutique?
4. Whose advances does Pamela turn down in Chapter 6?
5. What Marlon Brando film does Pam say she watches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did many people become disillusioned in the 1970s? What did the 1960s promise that the 1970s couldn't bring? How does Pam express the disillusionment in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between novels and memoirs? How does Des Barres use story elements to entertain the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)