|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads about Michael and Pamela's relationship in the press?
2. Who does Pamela dine with on February the 7th?
3. For what band does Denny Laine play?
4. What is the name of the thirteen-year-old girl Jimmy Page starts to see?
5. What band does Ray Davies play with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things change between Pam and Jimmy Page?
2. What bad news does Pam receive in Chapter 8?
3. Why is Mick Jagger upset on December the 6th?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. How does Donnie confuse Pamela?
6. How is Pam able to skip customs at the airport?
7. In what way is Lane Caudell the opposite of Pam's usual taste in men?
8. How do things get worse for Pamela when she calls Mick Jagger in Chapter 7?
9. Why does Pam embark on a relationship with Sandy?
10. Why does Pam begin to feel trapped in her relationship with Donnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are the Sixties seen as such as an important era? What was life in America like before the Sixties?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)