|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Marlon Brando film does Pam say she watches?
2. What is the name of Jimmy's new girlfriend?
3. What kind of TV does Elvis own?
4. What rock star does Pam meet at Marty's boutique?
5. What does Jimmy Page buy Pamela for a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pam start an affair with Mick Jagger?
2. How does an affair start between Marty and Pam?
3. How does Jimmy page woo Pamela?
4. How does a relationship develop between Michael Des Barres and Pam?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. How does Pam's life change in Chapter 9?
7. In what way is Lane Caudell the opposite of Pam's usual taste in men?
8. How has the relationship between the GTOs worsened?
9. How does Pam help out Woody Allen in Chapter 9?
10. How do things get worse for Pamela when she calls Mick Jagger in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s and 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What problems does Pam's generation face? How are the problems for Pam's generation different from the problems her parent's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)