|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank Zappa urge the GTOs to do while he goes on tour?
2. Who does Pam meet in the studio parking lot?
3. Who does Pamela contact when she gets out of hospital?
4. What does Pamela see inside Jimmy Page's suitcase?
5. To what group does Cynthia introduce Pamela?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the novel.
2. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
3. What does Keith Moon confess to Pamela?
4. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
5. How does Michael woo Pamela in Chapter 9?
6. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
7. Why does Pam begin to feel trapped in her relationship with Donnie?
8. How does Pamela get over her relationship with Marty?
9. How do Pam and her friends get the name GTOs?
10. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
Essay Topic 1
What problems does Pam's generation face? How are the problems for Pam's generation different from the problems her parent's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 2
Why are the Sixties seen as such as an important era? What was life in America like before the Sixties?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)