|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pam sew and embroider for Chris Hillman?
2. Where do the Byrds reside?
3. In what magazine does Frank Zappa mention the GTOs?
4. Whose birthday party does Pam attend in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the first person to make a pass at Pam when she enters the film studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam attract the attention of Chris Hillman?
2. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
3. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
4. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
5. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
6. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
7. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
8. Who are the Plaster Casters of Chicago?
9. How do Pam and her friends get the name GTOs?
10. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)