Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug have Pam's friends started taking?
2. Who does Pam meet in the studio parking lot?
3. What does Pamela say she wants to stop wasting money on?
4. What is the name of the group Hillman starts after the Byrds?
5. Who is the only GTO who accompanies Pam to the country music gigs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
2. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
3. How do Pam and her friends try to attract the Stones while they are in their hotel?
4. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Pam's job at Danceland.
7. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
8. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
9. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
10. How does Michael woo Pamela in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What problems does Pam's generation face? How are the problems for Pam's generation different from the problems her parent's generation faced? Identify and discuss a significant problem facing your generation.
Essay Topic 3
Asie from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)