|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pam perform to attract Hillman's attention?
2. What drug does Pam take with Brandon?
3. What state do Pam aunt and uncle live in?
4. Which member of Pam's group does Gail Zappa hire?
5. What does Pam fall ill with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pam find impressive about Frank Zappa's family?
2. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
3. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
4. How does Pamela's life get better at the end of Chapter 4?
5. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
6. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
7. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
8. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
9. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
10. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Asie from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two people from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other peoples'? How do the peoples' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)