|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do the Rolling Stones record in in May 1965?
2. What kind of car does Hillman drive?
3. What does Pamela see inside Jimmy Page's suitcase?
4. What does Frank Zappa urge the GTOs to do while he goes on tour?
5. In what magazine does Frank Zappa mention the GTOs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
2. How does Michael woo Pamela in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Pamela feel depressed at the end of Chapter 5?
4. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
5. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
6. Why is Mick Jagger upset on December the 6th?
7. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
8. How does an affair start between Marty and Pam?
9. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
10. How does Pam win a part in a film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you agree with Pam's assertion that she was only looking for love? Why do the students think it became such an obsession for Pamela to fall in love with a rock star?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two people from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other peoples'? How do the peoples' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographers cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)