|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zappa's label?
2. Why is Victor Hayden in trouble at school?
3. What city do the Rolling Stones record in in May 1965?
4. What kind of language does Pamela say she wants to discard?
5. What drug does Pam take with Brandon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
2. How do Pam and her friends try to gain access to the Beatles?
3. What is Pam's opinion of Jim Morrison?
4. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
5. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
6. How do Pam and her friends get the name GTOs?
7. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
8. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
9. Why do Pam's friends think she has betrayed the Beatles?
10. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Pam's life:
1. Frank Zappa.
2. Michael Des Barres.
3. Chris Hillman.
4. Jimmy Page.
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)