|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which star does Pam say marries for the third time?
2. To what group does Cynthia introduce Pamela?
3. Where do the Byrds reside?
4. Whose concert does Pamela attend in August?
5. Which pop star do the GTOs hear has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pamela's life get better at the end of Chapter 4?
2. How does Pam attract the attention of Chris Hillman?
3. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
4. How do Pam and her friends try to attract the Stones while they are in their hotel?
5. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
6. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
7. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
8. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
9. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
10. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare American and British culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)