|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday party does Pam attend in Chapter 2?
2. What does Pam need photographs for?
3. What does Frank Zappa name his son?
4. What does one of the Led Zeppelin roadies hand Pamela?
5. Who does Pam describe as an impeccably gorgeous perfect pop star?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a relationship develop between Brandon and Pamela in Chapter 5?
2. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
3. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
4. How does Pamela's life get better at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
6. How does Donnie confuse Pamela?
7. Why is Mick Jagger upset on December the 6th?
8. Describe Pam's job at Danceland.
9. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
10. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,362 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)