|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank Zappa urge the GTOs to do while he goes on tour?
2. What does Pam start writing?
3. Where does Pam go after her relationship with Brandon gets too much?
4. What kind of car does Hillman drive?
5. Which pop star do the GTOs hear has died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Plaster Casters of Chicago?
2. How does a relationship develop between Brandon and Pamela in Chapter 5?
3. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
4. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
5. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Pam's meeting with Cynthia Plastercaster?
7. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
8. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
9. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
10. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following artists in Pam's book and discuss how Pam represents him and why she represents that person in that manner? How much truth can the reader take from such a book?
1. Mick Jagger.
2. Marlon Brando.
3. Jimmy Page.
4. Chris Hillman.
Essay Topic 2
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)