|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Nick St. Nicholas?
2. What is the name of the girl Pam befriends at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Whose birthday party does Pam attend in Chapter 2?
4. What rock star does Pam see out of her window?
5. What drug have Pam's friends started taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam attract the attention of Chris Hillman?
2. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
3. Why do Pam's friends think she has betrayed the Beatles?
4. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
5. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
6. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
7. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
8. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
9. Who are the Plaster Casters of Chicago?
10. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Pam's public image? How does Pam use her image as the original supergroupie for the book? Do you think she ever conveys her real self?
Essay Topic 2
Asie from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographers cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)