|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillman say he cannot keep the kitten?
2. What does Pam say she wants to eventually become?
3. What does one of the Led Zeppelin roadies hand Pamela?
4. What is Allen Davian's job?
5. What band does Pam watch instead of going to see Jimmy Page?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pam find impressive about Frank Zappa's family?
2. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
3. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
4. How does Pam meet Noel Redding?
5. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
6. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
7. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
8. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
9. What is Pam's opinion of Jim Morrison?
10. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two people from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other peoples'? How do the peoples' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)