|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only GTO who accompanies Pam to the country music gigs?
2. What band does Pam wait for outside Ciros?
3. What kind of car does Hillman drive?
4. Whose birthday party does Pam attend in Chapter 2?
5. What does Frank Zappa rename Pam's group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
2. What bad news does Pam hear in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Pam begin to feel trapped in her relationship with Donnie?
4. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
5. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
6. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
7. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
8. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
9. How do Pam and her friends try to gain access to the Beatles?
10. How does a relationship develop between Michael Des Barres and Pam?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographers cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)