Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first Beatle?
2. What does Frank Zappa urge the GTOs to do while he goes on tour?
3. Whose concert does Pamela attend in August?
4. What kind of language does Pamela say she wants to discard?
5. To what group does Cynthia introduce Pamela?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
2. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
3. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
4. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
5. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
6. Describe Pam's meeting with Cynthia Plastercaster?
7. How is Pam able to skip customs at the airport?
8. What does Pam find impressive about Frank Zappa's family?
9. Why is Donnie difficult to live with?
10. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s and 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)