|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what group does Cynthia introduce Pamela?
2. Who does Pam meet in the studio parking lot?
3. Which of the following words best describes Nick St. Nicholas?
4. What is the color of Pam's hair?
5. What drug does Pam take with Brandon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
2. How does Pamela's life get better at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What does Pam find impressive about Frank Zappa's family?
4. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
5. Why does Pam decide to lose her virginity?
6. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
7. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
8. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
9. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
10. How does a relationship develop between Brandon and Pamela in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1960s and 1970s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the main turning points of the story? How do turning points work to keep a reader interested in the story? When does Des Barres use her turning points and why does he use them at those particular moments?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)