|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pam meet in the studio parking lot?
2. Which member of Pam's group does Gail Zappa hire?
3. Which famous star moves into MacLean's log cabin?
4. What kind of car does Hillman drive?
5. What is the name of the band Pam meets at the Whiskey A-Go-Go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam meet Noel Redding?
2. How does Pam attract the attention of Chris Hillman?
3. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
4. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
5. What is Pam's opinion of Jim Morrison?
6. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
7. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
8. How do Pam and her friends try to gain access to the Beatles?
9. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
10. How do Pam and her friends get the name GTOs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does she use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pam represent band culture in the 1960s and 1970s? Do you think this a fair representation? How has band culture changed since the 1960s and 1970s?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)