Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug have Pam's friends started taking?
2. Who does Pam meet in the studio parking lot?
3. What does Pamela say she wants to stop wasting money on?
4. What is the name of the group Hillman starts after the Byrds?
5. Who is the only GTO who accompanies Pam to the country music gigs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the GTOs refer to themselves as Miss Lucy, Miss Pam, etc.?
2. How does Pamela's relationship with Michael take a drastic step at the end of Chapter 9?
3. How do Pam and her friends try to attract the Stones while they are in their hotel?
4. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
6. Describe Pam's job at Danceland.
7. How does Pam get to meet Mick Jagger?
8. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
9. How do Pam and her friend Renee earn money to travel?
10. How does Michael woo Pamela in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between novels and memoirs? How does Des Barres use story elements to entertain the reader?
Essay Topic 2
What is Pam's public image? How does Pam use her image as the original supergroupie for the book? Do you think she ever conveys her real self?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographers cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)