|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what magazine does Frank Zappa mention the GTOs?
2. What is the name of the first Beatle?
3. What instrument does Michael Clarke play?
4. What is the name of Zappa's label?
5. What kind of game did Hillman lose his shirt playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Pam decide to lose her virginity?
3. How does Pam start earning money in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
5. How does Pamela's life get better at the end of Chapter 4?
6. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
7. What are Pamela's New Year's resolutions?
8. How does Pam attract the attention of Chris Hillman?
9. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
10. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and British culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Pam to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Pam hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Pam's ideas about life?
3. How has Pam changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two people from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other peoples'? How do the peoples' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)