|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the group Hillman starts after the Byrds?
2. What is the color of Pam's hair?
3. What instrument does Michael Clarke play?
4. What game do Tim and the girls play in the kitchen?
5. In what magazine does Frank Zappa mention the GTOs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pam decide to lose her virginity?
2. Describe Pam's meeting with Cynthia Plastercaster?
3. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
4. How does Pam meet Jim Morrison?
5. What does Pam find impressive about Frank Zappa's family?
6. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
7. Why does Pamela return to her parents' house in Chapter 5?
8. How does Frank Zappa encourage the GTOs?
9. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
10. How does Pamela hear about the band, Led Zeppelin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Pam to the person she was at the beginning of the book to the she is at the end.
1. What did Pam hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Pam's ideas about life?
3. How has Pam changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between novels and memoirs? How does Des Barres use story elements to entertain the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)