|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug have Pam's friends started taking?
2. To what famous rock star does Lucy introduce the group?
3. Who is the only GTO who accompanies Pam to the country music gigs?
4. What is the color of Pam's hair?
5. What does Pamela say she wants to stop wasting money on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Pam and her friends get the name GTOs?
2. Why is Pamela worried about her friends in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Pam decide to lose her virginity?
4. How does a relationship develop between Brandon and Pamela in Chapter 5?
5. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
6. Why is Mercy the only one of Pam's friends to join her at the Burritos' gig?
7. Describe Pam's meeting with Cynthia Plastercaster?
8. What is Pam's opinion of the hippy scene?
9. How does Allen Daviau help Pam with her career?
10. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asie from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does she introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why did many people become disillusioned in the 1970s? What did the 1960s promise that the 1970s couldn't bring? How does Pam express the disillusionment in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)