|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank Zappa rename Pam's group?
2. What is the name of the band Pam meets at the Whiskey A-Go-Go?
3. What is the name of Vito's three-year-old son?
4. What is Allen Davian's job?
5. What does Pam want to experience at Haight-Ashbury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pam meet Noel Redding?
2. What is Pam's opinion of Jim Morrison?
3. What does the ROLLING STONE write about in Chapter 4?
4. How does Miss Mercy's arrival change the GTOs?
5. What is Pam's argument for liking both the Stones and the Beatles?
6. Why does Pam decide to lose her virginity?
7. How does Pam show her appreciation for the Iron Butterfly's music in Chapter 2?
8. Who are the Plaster Casters of Chicago?
9. Why do Pam's friends think she has betrayed the Beatles?
10. How does Pam win a part in a film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did many people become disillusioned in the 1970s? What did the 1960s promise that the 1970s couldn't bring? How does Pam express the disillusionment in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Pam's life:
1. Frank Zappa.
2. Michael Des Barres.
3. Chris Hillman.
4. Jimmy Page.
Essay Topic 3
Why are the Sixties seen as such as an important era? What was life in America like before the Sixties?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)