|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
2. What is the image revealed to be, according to Shimoda?
3. Shimoda marvels at the way Richard never stops ____________ during their lessons and discussions.
4. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
5. The woman caller is tired of hearing ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
2. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
3. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to help Richard get straight answers from him?
4. What does the host of the Jeff Sykes Talk Show suggest about gypsy piloting?
5. Why is the song from Richard's boyhood such a strange occurrence?
6. What does Richard conclude about Shimoda and his relationship to the world?
7. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
8. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
9. Why did Shimoda add the gore of a shotgun death?
10. What happens when Richard is refueling his plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is a journey for the reader as much as it is a journey for Richard. But Richard's journey seems to take a few turns here and there.
Part 1: What is the point at which Richard seems to accept his spiritual journey?
Part 2: At which points does Richard seem to disbelieve the idea he can become a Master?
Part 3: Does Richard seem to be a good candidate to be a Master? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The scene in which Richard and Shimoda go to the movies is an interesting one, one that seems to have a number of layers to it - as well as lessons.
Part 1: Describe the scene in which Richard and Shimoda go to the movies.
Part 2: How does Shimoda challenge Richard when they are at the movie?
Part 3: What does Richard learn from going to the movies with Shimoda?
Essay Topic 3
Shimoda seems to work miracles during the story, even though they might not appear to be miracles to anyone but the ones to which they happen.
Part 1: Describe what happens with the old man and the 10-year-girl when they encounter Shimoda.
Part 2: Describe what happens with the man in the wheelchair when he encounters Shimoda.
Part 3: Why doesn't anyone notice these miracles as being miracles?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)