|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
2. Shimoda says that all humans are __________, naturally able to have what they want.
3. Shimoda advises Richard to _________ in reference to his feelings in question #143.
4. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
5. Richard tries a shorter answer: He allows both the ________ and himself to live as they choose.
Essay Topic 1
Richard begins to have troubles vaporizing clouds at one point, recognizing that he is simply making things too difficult for himself.
Part 1: Why does Richard want to vaporize clouds in the first place?
Part 2: In what way is Richard making the vaporization of clouds too difficult on himself?
Part 3: What is the lesson Richard can extract from this moment of trying to vaporize clouds?
Essay Topic 2
This book is a journey for the reader as much as it is a journey for Richard. But Richard's journey seems to take a few turns here and there.
Part 1: What is the point at which Richard seems to accept his spiritual journey?
Part 2: At which points does Richard seem to disbelieve the idea he can become a Master?
Part 3: Does Richard seem to be a good candidate to be a Master? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The book Shimoda gives to Richard reveals as many questions as the answers it provides to a person who reads it.
Part 1: What might this Savior's Manual be akin to in real life? What books in real life might provide the same counsel?
Part 2: Why might Richard need to be given a book to learn from, rather than being taught what he needs to know?
Part 3: Why doesn't the book give direct answers to those who read it?
This section contains 1,508 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)