Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
2. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
3. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
4. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
5. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
The theme of 'like attracting like' is another idea that continues to emerge and to develop as the story unfolds.
Part 1: Explain the idea of 'like attracts like.'
Part 2: What is the first example of like attracting like in this story?
Part 3: Cite at least two other ways in which 'like attracts like' in this story.
The theme of flying is symbolic in a number of ways in this story. The planes which fly are gypsy planes, unchecked and possibly illegal.
Part 1: Describe the idea of gypsy flying. What does it entail?
Part 2: How does the idea of flying relate to the idea of being a Messiah?
Part 3: What does flying symbolize to Richard during the story?
This book is a journey for the reader as much as it is a journey for Richard. But Richard's journey seems to take a few turns here and there.
Part 1: What is the point at which Richard seems to accept his spiritual journey?
Part 2: At which points does Richard seem to disbelieve the idea he can become a Master?
Part 3: Does Richard seem to be a good candidate to be a Master? Why or why not?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)