|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
2. What does Richard continue to relive, hoping to change what has happened?
3. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
4. Shimoda says that Richard has failed to realize he is already _________ and has always been.
5. Shimoda says that all humans are __________, naturally able to have what they want.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda say about the talents and skills Richard and he have?
2. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
3. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
4. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
5. What is the concise answer Richard gives to Shimoda's question from #45?
6. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
7. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to help Richard get straight answers from him?
8. How does Richard respond to Shimoda's warning that he will lose 90% of his audience if he is not short?
9. What does Shimoda answer when Richard declares being a Master to be frustrating as hell?
10. Why is the song from Richard's boyhood such a strange occurrence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of magnetizing is another lesson that Richard needs to learn as he is becoming a master.
Part 1: Describe the idea of magnetizing.
Part 2: Describe Richard's first attempt at magnetizing.
Part 3: What does Shimoda say Richard should have done in order to make Richard's magnetizing attempt more successful?
Essay Topic 2
Shimoda's quitting his role as the Mechanic Messiah or the American Avatar is one that continues to show readers a new side of being all knowing and all powerful.
Part 1: Why has Shimoda decided to come back to everyday life as a pilot after being the Master?
Part 2: What are some of the problems with coming back to everyday life after having been a Messiah?
Part 3: What is Shimoda's opinion of Jesus and his role as a Messiah? What does he think about the idea of Jesus quitting his job?
Essay Topic 3
Although he used to be a Messiah, Shimoda seems to have troubles controlling his patience. This seems to be in conflict with what he can do for Richard.
Part 1: Describe one instance in which Shimoda becomes impatient with Richard.
Part 2: What might be the reason for Shimoda becoming so impatient with Richard?
Part 3: How does Shimoda's impatience help Richard's progress? How does it hurt Richard's progress?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)