|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda asks Richard if he thinks __________ would have said he could not play a guitar.
2. It is important to realize all are __________ to do whatever they want.
3. The book tells Richard that a happy and free life requires that ______ be sacrificed.
4. Richard begins to believe that Shimoda does not __________ this world
5. Shimoda warns that people who will come to him with problems will not want ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard respond to Shimoda's warning that he will lose 90% of his audience if he is not short?
2. What does the host of the Jeff Sykes Talk Show suggest about gypsy piloting?
3. What does the woman caller say about the idea of "doing what you want?"
4. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to help Richard get straight answers from him?
5. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
6. What does Shimoda declare about humans in general? What are they capable of?
7. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
8. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
9. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
10. What is the concise answer Richard gives to Shimoda's question from #45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a Messiah being able to quit is a unique idea in the eyes of most readers.
Part 1: How is the term Messiah defined in this story?
Part 2: Why does Shimoda want to quit his position as a Messiah?
Part 3: How does Shimoda end up quitting his role as the Master or Messiah?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of magnetizing is another lesson that Richard needs to learn as he is becoming a master.
Part 1: Describe the idea of magnetizing.
Part 2: Describe Richard's first attempt at magnetizing.
Part 3: What does Shimoda say Richard should have done in order to make Richard's magnetizing attempt more successful?
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Shimoda uses the thought form to help make his point with Richard is a striking one.
Part 1: Describe the thought form that Shimoda uses to make his point with Richard.
Part 2: What is the purpose of the thought form tool in the teaching of a Master?
Part 3: What was the specific purpose of this thought form in relation to Richard's lessons?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)