|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another caller says that Shimoda is a ____________, and Shimoda agrees with him.
2. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
3. What does the answer to #112 ask to drink, which angers Richard?
4. What do Richard and Shimoda eat when they are at the cafe together?
5. The _____ does not need Shimoda to tell anyone how the world works, so Shimoda could have said nothing.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a thought form used for, according to Shimoda?
2. What does Shimoda think is a great way to run the universe?
3. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
4. Why does Richard dream about airplanes when he is sleeping?
5. What causes Richard to threaten violence to the vision Shimoda shows to Richard?
6. What does Shimoda answer when Richard declares being a Master to be frustrating as hell?
7. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
8. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
9. What does Shimoda do after Richard states that he thinks he is finally beginning to understand the idea of walking through walls?
10. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The two main characters in this story - Richard and Shimoda - are the central focus of the story, even though this is a story about the idea of illusions.
Part 1: Describe the character of Richard at the start of the story.
Part 2: Describe the character of Shimoda.
Part 3: How do each of the characters change during the course of the story?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of magnetizing is another lesson that Richard needs to learn as he is becoming a master.
Part 1: Describe the idea of magnetizing.
Part 2: Describe Richard's first attempt at magnetizing.
Part 3: What does Shimoda say Richard should have done in order to make Richard's magnetizing attempt more successful?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this story seems to be referenced at a number of points, but it doesn't always get fully explained to the reader.
Part 1: Why do you think the title of the book, Illusions?
Part 2: What are some of the illusions pointed out in this story?
Part 3: What is the importance of learning that the world is filled with illusions?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)