|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
2. There is nothing wrong with being ____________, says Richard, but most people like to know why they are doing something.
3. Shimoda tells the woman on the phone that he does not know it, but finds it fun ___________.
4. When Richard asks if Shimoda's death had to happen, what does Shimoda have to say?
5. Shimoda says that Richard's _________ proves he will do what he wants, even if it hurts someone.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of magnetizing is another lesson that Richard needs to learn as he is becoming a master.
Part 1: Describe the idea of magnetizing.
Part 2: Describe Richard's first attempt at magnetizing.
Part 3: What does Shimoda say Richard should have done in order to make Richard's magnetizing attempt more successful?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of 'like attracting like' is another idea that continues to emerge and to develop as the story unfolds.
Part 1: Explain the idea of 'like attracts like.'
Part 2: What is the first example of like attracting like in this story?
Part 3: Cite at least two other ways in which 'like attracts like' in this story.
Essay Topic 3
The title of this story seems to be referenced at a number of points, but it doesn't always get fully explained to the reader.
Part 1: Why do you think the title of the book, Illusions?
Part 2: What are some of the illusions pointed out in this story?
Part 3: What is the importance of learning that the world is filled with illusions?
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)