Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
2. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
3. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
4. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
5. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
The theme of 'like attracting like' is another idea that continues to emerge and to develop as the story unfolds.
Part 1: Explain the idea of 'like attracts like.'
Part 2: What is the first example of like attracting like in this story?
Part 3: Cite at least two other ways in which 'like attracts like' in this story.
Shimoda seems to work miracles during the story, even though they might not appear to be miracles to anyone but the ones to which they happen.
Part 1: Describe what happens with the old man and the 10-year-girl when they encounter Shimoda.
Part 2: Describe what happens with the man in the wheelchair when he encounters Shimoda.
Part 3: Why doesn't anyone notice these miracles as being miracles?
The title of this story seems to be referenced at a number of points, but it doesn't always get fully explained to the reader.
Part 1: Why do you think the title of the book, Illusions?
Part 2: What are some of the illusions pointed out in this story?
Part 3: What is the importance of learning that the world is filled with illusions?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)