|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
2. Richard believes being a Master is ____________.
3. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
4. When Richard asks if Shimoda's death had to happen, what does Shimoda have to say?
5. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
Essay Topic 1
Shimoda's plane is a unique one, one that Richard can not help but admire and desire.
Part 1: What kind of plane does Shimoda have?
Part 2: What is so special about Shimoda's plane?
Part 3: Why doesn't anyone besides Richard notice that Shimoda's plane is special?
Essay Topic 2
Shimoda tries to test Richard's thinking to see how far along he has advanced in his training to become a Master.
Part 1: What is the question Richard is asked when Shimoda tests him in Chapter 15?
Part 2: What is the long-winded response that Richard gives in response to Shimoda's question?
Part 3: What is the more condensed answer Richard gives?
Essay Topic 3
The book Shimoda gives to Richard reveals as many questions as the answers it provides to a person who reads it.
Part 1: What might this Savior's Manual be akin to in real life? What books in real life might provide the same counsel?
Part 2: Why might Richard need to be given a book to learn from, rather than being taught what he needs to know?
Part 3: Why doesn't the book give direct answers to those who read it?
This section contains 1,508 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)