|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
2. What does Shimoda show to Richard that Richard was certain he didn't actually have?
3. What is Richard's engine throwing less of at the start of this chapter?
4. Shimoda marvels at the way Richard never stops ____________ during their lessons and discussions.
5. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Shimoda add the gore of a shotgun death?
2. What does Shimoda declare about humans in general? What are they capable of?
3. What does Richard conclude about Shimoda and his relationship to the world?
4. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
5. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
6. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
7. Why is the song from Richard's boyhood such a strange occurrence?
8. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
9. What is a thought form used for, according to Shimoda?
10. What does Shimoda say about the talents and skills Richard and he have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shimoda's plane is a unique one, one that Richard can not help but admire and desire.
Part 1: What kind of plane does Shimoda have?
Part 2: What is so special about Shimoda's plane?
Part 3: Why doesn't anyone besides Richard notice that Shimoda's plane is special?
Essay Topic 2
Richard begins to have troubles vaporizing clouds at one point, recognizing that he is simply making things too difficult for himself.
Part 1: Why does Richard want to vaporize clouds in the first place?
Part 2: In what way is Richard making the vaporization of clouds too difficult on himself?
Part 3: What is the lesson Richard can extract from this moment of trying to vaporize clouds?
Essay Topic 3
The scene in which Richard and Shimoda go to the movies is an interesting one, one that seems to have a number of layers to it - as well as lessons.
Part 1: Describe the scene in which Richard and Shimoda go to the movies.
Part 2: How does Shimoda challenge Richard when they are at the movie?
Part 3: What does Richard learn from going to the movies with Shimoda?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)