Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
2. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
3. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
4. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
5. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
Essay Topic 1
Richard does have troubles with the idea of walking through walls, even though he has done a number of other things that have proven to him that it can be possible.
Part 1: What are some of the ways in which Richard has begun to break down his ideas of what is real and what is illusion?
Part 2: Why can't Richard make the jump from what he has done to walking through walls?
Part 3: Why doesn't Shimoda just give Richard an answer as to how to walk through walls?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of a Messiah being able to quit is a unique idea in the eyes of most readers.
Part 1: How is the term Messiah defined in this story?
Part 2: Why does Shimoda want to quit his position as a Messiah?
Part 3: How does Shimoda end up quitting his role as the Master or Messiah?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this story seems to be referenced at a number of points, but it doesn't always get fully explained to the reader.
Part 1: Why do you think the title of the book, Illusions?
Part 2: What are some of the illusions pointed out in this story?
Part 3: What is the importance of learning that the world is filled with illusions?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)