|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard believes it is __________ for him to walk through walls.
2. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
3. What song is playing in the hardware store that Richard goes to in order to find parts for his plane?
4. What is Richard's engine throwing less of at the start of this chapter?
5. Shimoda says that Richard needs to be more __________ in his thinking.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda announce is the reason for Richard being here?
2. What is the concise answer Richard gives to Shimoda's question from #45?
3. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
4. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
5. What does Shimoda declare about humans in general? What are they capable of?
6. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
7. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
8. Why does Richard dream about airplanes when he is sleeping?
9. Why did Shimoda add the gore of a shotgun death?
10. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shimoda's plane is a unique one, one that Richard can not help but admire and desire.
Part 1: What kind of plane does Shimoda have?
Part 2: What is so special about Shimoda's plane?
Part 3: Why doesn't anyone besides Richard notice that Shimoda's plane is special?
Essay Topic 2
Shimoda tries to test Richard's thinking to see how far along he has advanced in his training to become a Master.
Part 1: What is the question Richard is asked when Shimoda tests him in Chapter 15?
Part 2: What is the long-winded response that Richard gives in response to Shimoda's question?
Part 3: What is the more condensed answer Richard gives?
Essay Topic 3
The assassination of Shimoda has been alluded to throughout the book, though it's no less shocking when it does happen.
Part 1: Describe the scene in which Shimoda is killed.
Part 2: What is Richard's reaction to the killing of Shimoda?
Part 3: What is the result of Shimoda's assassination? What happened to Richard as a result?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)