|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
2. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
3. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
4. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
5. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
2. What is the non-miracle that Shimoda wants Richard to see?
3. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
4. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
5. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
6. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
7. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
8. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
9. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
10. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of a Messiah being able to quit is a unique idea in the eyes of most readers.
Part 1: How is the term Messiah defined in this story?
Part 2: Why does Shimoda want to quit his position as a Messiah?
Part 3: How does Shimoda end up quitting his role as the Master or Messiah?
Essay Topic 2
The scene in which Shimoda uses the thought form to help make his point with Richard is a striking one.
Part 1: Describe the thought form that Shimoda uses to make his point with Richard.
Part 2: What is the purpose of the thought form tool in the teaching of a Master?
Part 3: What was the specific purpose of this thought form in relation to Richard's lessons?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this story seems to be referenced at a number of points, but it doesn't always get fully explained to the reader.
Part 1: Why do you think the title of the book, Illusions?
Part 2: What are some of the illusions pointed out in this story?
Part 3: What is the importance of learning that the world is filled with illusions?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)