|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
2. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
3. Richard just wants to become a _____________ of the World of Illusion.
4. What does Richard think is trying to replace his own thinking, thus he tells himself not to listen to it?
5. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
2. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
3. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
4. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
5. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
6. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
7. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
8. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
9. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
10. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The assassination of Shimoda has been alluded to throughout the book, though it's no less shocking when it does happen.
Part 1: Describe the scene in which Shimoda is killed.
Part 2: What is Richard's reaction to the killing of Shimoda?
Part 3: What is the result of Shimoda's assassination? What happened to Richard as a result?
Essay Topic 2
The scene in which Shimoda uses the thought form to help make his point with Richard is a striking one.
Part 1: Describe the thought form that Shimoda uses to make his point with Richard.
Part 2: What is the purpose of the thought form tool in the teaching of a Master?
Part 3: What was the specific purpose of this thought form in relation to Richard's lessons?
Essay Topic 3
Shimoda tries to test Richard's thinking to see how far along he has advanced in his training to become a Master.
Part 1: What is the question Richard is asked when Shimoda tests him in Chapter 15?
Part 2: What is the long-winded response that Richard gives in response to Shimoda's question?
Part 3: What is the more condensed answer Richard gives?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)