|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda asks Richard if he can name anyone who _____________.
(a) Does live in this world
(b) Knows who Shimoda is
(c) Knows where Shimoda is
(d) Understands him
2. Shimoda confirms to Richard that everything that happened and that is happening is just a _______.
3. Shimoda says he and Richard both ____________.
(a) Are Masters
(b) Know all things
(c) Can understand everything
(d) Know nothing
4. Shimoda is learning how to _________________ in this chapter.
(a) Listen to Richard
(b) Pour gas into his tank
(c) Walk through walls
(d) Become a Master
5. What is the first way Richard tries to love the kind, but friendless persona Shimoda pretends to be?
(a) Physical contact
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman calls in, she points out some must __________, earning their bread by the sweat of their brow.
2. The book tells Richard after Shimoda dies that, "Everything in this book may be ___________."
3. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
4. What does the host of the radio show suggest is somehow illegal?
5. Since "___________ is Able to Respond" Richard answers only to himself.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the host of the Jeff Sykes Talk Show suggest about gypsy piloting?
2. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
3. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
4. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
5. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
6. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
7. Why did Shimoda add the gore of a shotgun death?
8. What does Shimoda think is a great way to run the universe?
9. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
10. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)