|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard could play any instrument by giving up his ______________ that he cannot play.
(a) Internal dialogue
(c) Past experiences
2. Richard tries a shorter answer: He allows both the ________ and himself to live as they choose.
3. Shimoda tries to explain to Richard that __________ does not affect reality.
(b) Another's belief
4. What does Shimoda say the 4 billion people in the world might be rocked by?
(b) A death
(c) Shimoda's identity
(d) Financial markets
5. Shimoda says he and Richard both ____________.
(a) Know nothing
(b) Know all things
(c) Are Masters
(d) Can understand everything
Short Answer Questions
1. The book tells Richard that ___________ characters can be more real than flesh and blood.
2. What does not occur, even though the Fleet runs better than ever and does not kill any more bugs?
3. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
4. The vampire is free to __________ however he wants, and the choices go on and on
5. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the vision that Shimoda walks back with after walking toward the shadow?
2. What is a thought form used for, according to Shimoda?
3. What does Richard answer to Shimoda's question of how Richard can expect to impress the workday world when he runs around as a gypsy pilot?
4. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
5. Why does Richard dream about airplanes when he is sleeping?
6. Why is the song from Richard's boyhood such a strange occurrence?
7. What does Richard continue to do, though the outcome never changes?
8. What does the woman caller say about the idea of "doing what you want?"
9. What does Shimoda think is a great way to run the universe?
10. What does Shimoda do after Richard states that he thinks he is finally beginning to understand the idea of walking through walls?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)