|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
2. What is the name of the host on the talk show Shimoda and Richard are on?
(a) Jeff Sykes
(b) John Smith
(c) Jenny Sloopy
(d) Jeremy Sykes
3. Shimoda tells the woman on the phone that he does not know it, but finds it fun ___________.
(a) To believe it
(b) To pretend he does
(c) To mock her
(d) To argue
4. Shimoda tries to explain to Richard that __________ does not affect reality.
(d) Another's belief
5. Shimoda is learning how to _________________ in this chapter.
(a) Pour gas into his tank
(b) Become a Master
(c) Listen to Richard
(d) Walk through walls
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first way Richard tries to love the kind, but friendless persona Shimoda pretends to be?
2. Shimoda says that all humans are __________, naturally able to have what they want.
3. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
4. Shimoda advises Richard to _________ in reference to his feelings in question #143.
5. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Richard to threaten violence to the vision Shimoda shows to Richard?
2. Why does Richard dream about airplanes when he is sleeping?
3. Why is the song from Richard's boyhood such a strange occurrence?
4. What does Shimoda announce is the reason for Richard being here?
5. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
6. What does the host of the Jeff Sykes Talk Show suggest about gypsy piloting?
7. How does Richard respond to Shimoda's warning that he will lose 90% of his audience if he is not short?
8. What does Shimoda declare about humans in general? What are they capable of?
9. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
10. What does Richard answer to Shimoda's question of how Richard can expect to impress the workday world when he runs around as a gypsy pilot?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)