|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The truth is that having what you want is not a matter of faith, but a matter of __________.
2. Richard says that he doesn't care if he loses part of his audience because he knows ______ and talks what he talks.
(a) What they need
(b) The truth
(d) What he knows
3. Shimoda tests Richard by questioning his value as a part of society when he runs around as a ____________.
(a) Gypsy pilot
4. The second male caller on the radio show brings the charge that Shimoda is somehow ____________.
(b) A prophet
5. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
(d) Golden Rule
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard will need to give himself conscious __________ to do things he wants to do.
2. The vampire is free to __________ however he wants, and the choices go on and on
3. Shimoda says that Richard needs to be more __________ in his thinking.
4. The book tells Richard that a happy and free life requires that ______ be sacrificed.
5. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
Short Essay Questions
1. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
2. What does the woman caller say about the idea of "doing what you want?"
3. What is a thought form used for, according to Shimoda?
4. What does Shimoda do after Richard states that he thinks he is finally beginning to understand the idea of walking through walls?
5. What does Richard continue to do, though the outcome never changes?
6. How does Richard respond to Shimoda's warning that he will lose 90% of his audience if he is not short?
7. What does Shimoda declare about humans in general? What are they capable of?
8. What happens when Richard is refueling his plane?
9. What does Richard answer to Shimoda's question of how Richard can expect to impress the workday world when he runs around as a gypsy pilot?
10. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)