|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) No page numbers
(b) It's in a different language
(c) The pages are all the same
(d) The word are flashing as he reads
2. How many soul lives is the Messiah supposed to live during his work on the planet?
3. The Master asks what the people would do if God were to command them to _______.
(a) Be the Master
(b) Be miserable
(c) Be honest
(d) Be happy
4. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
5. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) Being famous
(b) So much work
(c) A horrible death
Short Answer Questions
1. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
2. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
3. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
4. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
5. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
2. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
3. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
4. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
5. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
6. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
7. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
8. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
9. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
10. What is the non-miracle that Shimoda wants Richard to see?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)