|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
(a) It is gone
(b) He has not refueled
(c) It is still clean
(d) It has not moved
2. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(b) Travel Air
3. What does Richard cook when he wakes up in the morning next to his plane?
(b) Wheat bread
4. Shimoda says there is not much he can do but ______________ because he gets into problems if he stays anywhere too long.
5. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
2. How long does Shimoda say that Richard has to practice in order to know the answers?
3. Richard reads about being led through life by an inner _____________.
4. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
5. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard continue to do, though the outcome never changes?
2. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
3. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to help Richard get straight answers from him?
4. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
5. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
6. What does Richard ask Shimoda as they are eating at a cafe in Ryerson, Ohio?
7. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
8. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
9. When does Shimoda confess to feeling lonely in his life?
10. Why does Richard find it difficult to look at Shimoda too closely?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)