|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
(b) Running away
(c) Able to talk
(d) Able to keep up
2. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) He says nothing
(b) Richard was being too loud
(c) Like attracts like
(d) He followed him
3. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(c) Travel Air
4. Who is the person who is terrified of heights?
5. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
(a) Savior Psalms
(b) Messiah's Missive
(c) Messiah's Manscript
(d) Savior's Manual
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
2. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
3. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
4. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
5. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
2. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
3. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
4. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
5. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
6. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
7. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
8. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
9. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
10. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)