|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) A horrible death
(b) So much work
(d) Being famous
2. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
(a) An access road
(b) A hangar
(c) Permisssion fo the mayor
(d) A set of tools
3. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
(a) Believe in anything
4. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
(a) Able to talk
(b) Running away
(c) Able to keep up
5. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
(d) Jail cell
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
2. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
3. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
4. Shimoda cautions Richard that he should not get __________ attached to his attempts with the clouds.
5. What kinds of stories does the Messiah tell to the crowds who follow him from place to place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
2. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
3. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
4. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
5. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
6. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
7. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
8. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
9. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
10. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)