|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
(a) Motion of the wind
(b) Motion of our souls
(c) Motion of our time
(d) Motion of our minds
2. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
(a) The Blessed Boss
(b) The Infinite
(d) The Infinite Radiant Is
3. Richard truly believes he will find a __________ to help him.
4. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(a) Travel Air
5. The Master asks what the people would do if God were to command them to _______.
(a) Be miserable
(b) Be the Master
(c) Be happy
(d) Be honest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
2. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
3. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
4. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
5. Richard just wants to become a _____________ of the World of Illusion.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
2. What does the book say about the idea of clouds and their impressions of the world?
3. Why does Richard find it difficult to look at Shimoda too closely?
4. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
5. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
6. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
7. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
8. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
9. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
10. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)