|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) A horrible death
(b) So much work
(c) Being famous
2. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
3. Shimoda cautions Richard that he should not get __________ attached to his attempts with the clouds.
4. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
5. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
(c) The Is
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard says that being ___________ and finished is boring.
2. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
3. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
4. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
5. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
2. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
3. What happens when Richard is refueling his plane?
4. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
5. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
6. What does Richard answer to Shimoda's question of how Richard can expect to impress the workday world when he runs around as a gypsy pilot?
7. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
8. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
9. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
10. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)