|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard wish for Shimoda as Richard is sitting by his fire?
(a) The he gets to Heaven
(b) That he gets whatever he wants
(c) That he find peace
(d) That he fuels his plane
2. Whose presence does Richard feel when he wakes up at 3:00 A.M., even though he can't see him?
3. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(a) Turn him down
(d) Run away
4. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
(a) Died and rose again
(b) Brought someone back to life
(d) Multiplied wine
5. At the same time, Richard is ________ what will happen when Shimoda and the healed man land again.
(a) Ignored by
(b) Excited by
(c) Curious of
(d) Afraid of
Short Answer Questions
1. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
2. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
3. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
4. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
5. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
2. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
3. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
4. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
5. What does the book say about the idea of clouds and their impressions of the world?
6. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
7. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
8. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
9. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
10. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)