|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) Isn't burnt
(b) Tastes good
(c) To be there
(d) Is healthy
2. Richard truly believes he will find a __________ to help him.
3. Shimoda tells Richard, "Nothing good is a miracle, and nothing lovely is a _________."
4. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
5. Shimoda says that if someone says he has something or acts as though he has something, then _________.
(a) He is crazy
(b) He is not welcome.
(c) He has it
(d) He is a Master
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
2. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
3. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
4. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
5. Whose permission does a gypsy flier need to have in order to land in a certain location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
2. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
3. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
4. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
5. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
6. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
7. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
8. What does Shimoda tell people they are in control of, though always in the parable format?
9. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
10. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)