|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
2. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(a) Miracle worker
(c) Blessed man
3. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
(a) Sings endless songs
(b) Reads a romance novel
4. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
(a) That don't matter
(b) Too easy
(d) Too hard
5. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
(b) Spirtual growth mantras
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
2. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
3. Richard says that being ___________ and finished is boring.
4. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
5. Shimoda says that if someone says he has something or acts as though he has something, then _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
2. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
3. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
4. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
5. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
6. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
7. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
8. What does the book say about the idea of clouds and their impressions of the world?
9. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
10. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)