|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda says that if someone says he has something or acts as though he has something, then _________.
(a) He is crazy
(b) He has it
(c) He is a Master
(d) He is not welcome.
2. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
3. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(a) Blessed man
(c) Miracle worker
4. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
(a) Muscle fatigue
5. What does the Messiah say to the greater being when he is sorry he has let it go this long?
(a) I quit
(b) I'm overjoyed
(c) I'm ashamed
(d) I'm leaving
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
2. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
3. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
4. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
5. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
Short Essay Questions
1. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
2. What is the non-miracle that Shimoda wants Richard to see?
3. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
4. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
5. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
6. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
7. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
8. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
9. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
10. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)