|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
2. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
(a) A dead bird
(b) His plane
(c) Smashed bug
(d) A dead flower
3. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
4. One never receives a __________ without the power to make it true - with work.
5. How long does Shimoda say that Richard has to practice in order to know the answers?
(a) 10 years
(b) A year
(c) A month
(d) A week and a half
Short Answer Questions
1. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
2. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
3. Shimoda says he knows past, present, and future, but he has no ___________.
4. People are unhappy because they choose ____________.
5. How many soul lives is the Messiah supposed to live during his work on the planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
2. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
3. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
4. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
5. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
6. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
7. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
8. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
9. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
10. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)