|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(a) Weak man
2. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
3. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) So much work
(b) A horrible death
(c) Being famous
4. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
(a) Motion of the wind
(b) Motion of our souls
(c) Motion of our time
(d) Motion of our minds
5. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(c) Travel Air
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
2. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
3. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
4. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
5. Once Richard believes he is a ______, he will, indeed, be one.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
2. How does Shimoda respond when the talk show host infers the idea that gypsy piloting is illegal?
3. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
4. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
5. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
6. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
7. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
8. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
9. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
10. What does the woman caller say about the idea of "doing what you want?"
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)