|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
(a) Muscle fatigue
2. Where does Shimoda go to stand when he asks Richard to watch him?
(a) On his plane
(b) On the pond
(c) On a rock
(d) On a tree branch
3. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
4. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(a) Miracle worker
(d) Blessed man
5. Richard gets annoyed with Shimoda and his discussions because everything Richard says is ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
2. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
3. What does Richard cook when he wakes up in the morning next to his plane?
4. Once Richard believes he is a ______, he will, indeed, be one.
5. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
2. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
3. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
4. What does Richard answer to Shimoda's question of how Richard can expect to impress the workday world when he runs around as a gypsy pilot?
5. What does Shimoda answer when Richard declares being a Master to be frustrating as hell?
6. What does Shimoda do after Richard states that he thinks he is finally beginning to understand the idea of walking through walls?
7. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
8. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
9. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
10. What does the host of the Jeff Sykes Talk Show suggest about gypsy piloting?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)