|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Richard gives for going to the movie? He wants to see _________.
(a) The ending
(b) The stars
(c) The importance of the movie
(d) Other people's reactions
2. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
(a) The Infinite
(c) The Infinite Radiant Is
(d) The Blessed Boss
3. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
4. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
(b) Torn and mussed
5. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
(a) His plane
(b) Smashed bug
(c) A dead bird
(d) A dead flower
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, Richard is ________ what will happen when Shimoda and the healed man land again.
2. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
3. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
4. Shimoda says he knows past, present, and future, but he has no ___________.
5. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
2. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
3. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
4. What does Shimoda assure Richard about the training to be a Messiah?
5. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
6. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
7. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
8. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
9. What does the book say about the idea of clouds and their impressions of the world?
10. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)