|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) So much work
(c) A horrible death
(d) Being famous
2. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
(a) Flies from his seat
(b) Dances a jig
(c) Runs to the cockpit
(d) Shakily walks to the plane
3. At the same time, Richard is ________ what will happen when Shimoda and the healed man land again.
(a) Excited by
(b) Afraid of
(c) Curious of
(d) Ignored by
4. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
5. Who is the person who is terrified of heights?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
2. Richard dreams about a ___________ of humanity pouring against a man.
3. Richard tells Shimoda he will give him his plane because Richard believes one day he will not need it in order to _______.
4. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
5. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to help Richard get straight answers from him?
2. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
3. What do gypsy fliers need in order to fly their planes and to land them in the fields?
4. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
5. How does Richard respond to Shimoda's warning that he will lose 90% of his audience if he is not short?
6. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
7. What does Richard find difficult about the idea of knowing that he knows everything?
8. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
9. Why did Shimoda add the gore of a shotgun death?
10. What is the non-miracle that Shimoda wants Richard to see?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)