|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
2. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
3. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(d) Weak man
4. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
5. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) The woman in the hat
(b) The grandfather
(c) A 10-year-old girl
(d) A man in a wheelchair
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda says: Once one learns what the world is and how it works, one _________ performs so-called miracles.
2. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
3. One never receives a __________ without the power to make it true - with work.
4. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
5. Shimoda says there is not much he can do but ______________ because he gets into problems if he stays anywhere too long.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
2. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
3. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
4. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
5. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
6. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
7. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
8. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
9. What does Shimoda tell people they are in control of, though always in the parable format?
10. Why hasn't returning to normal life been easy for Shimoda?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)