|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Richard gives for going to the movie? He wants to see _________.
(a) The importance of the movie
(b) The stars
(c) The ending
(d) Other people's reactions
2. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
3. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
4. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
5. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shimoda say he wants Richard to witness as they are in an isolated field on the Illinois-Indiana state line?
2. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
3. Richard tells Shimoda he will give him his plane because Richard believes one day he will not need it in order to _______.
4. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
5. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
2. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
3. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
4. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
5. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
6. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
7. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
8. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
9. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
10. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)