|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Master asks what the people would do if God were to command them to _______.
(a) Be happy
(b) Be miserable
(c) Be honest
(d) Be the Master
2. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
(a) Too hard
(c) Too easy
(d) That don't matter
3. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
4. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
(a) It is still clean
(b) He has not refueled
(c) It is gone
(d) It has not moved
5. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
2. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
3. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
4. What does the Messiah say to the greater being when he is sorry he has let it go this long?
5. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
Short Essay Questions
1. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
2. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
3. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
4. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
5. What does the book say about the idea of clouds and their impressions of the world?
6. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
7. What did Donald W. Shimoda retire from being, according to the beginning of the story?
8. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
9. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
10. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)