|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
(a) Flies from his seat
(b) Runs to the cockpit
(c) Dances a jig
(d) Shakily walks to the plane
2. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
3. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
4. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(b) Turn him down
(c) Run away
5. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
(c) Travel Air
Short Answer Questions
1. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
2. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
3. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
4. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
5. What is the reason Richard gives for going to the movie? He wants to see _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
2. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
3. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
4. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
5. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
6. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
7. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
8. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
9. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
10. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)