|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda says: Once one learns what the world is and how it works, one _________ performs so-called miracles.
(b) Tries and
2. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
3. Richard gets annoyed with Shimoda and his discussions because everything Richard says is ___________.
4. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
(a) Jail cell
5. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) Richard was being too loud
(b) He says nothing
(c) He followed him
(d) Like attracts like
Short Answer Questions
1. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
2. Richard cannot picture Jesus returning to being a _____________.
3. The book says that clouds do not know why they _____ as they do.
4. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
5. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
2. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
3. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
4. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
5. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
6. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
7. What is the passage Shimoda shares with Richard after the situation that occurs in #19?
8. What are two names Shimoda admits to being representative of who he really is?
9. What does Richard do in order to readjust to the loneliness of not having Shimoda around?
10. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)