|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think is trying to replace his own thinking, thus he tells himself not to listen to it?
(c) The book
2. What does the Messiah say to the greater being when he is sorry he has let it go this long?
(a) I quit
(b) I'm overjoyed
(c) I'm ashamed
(d) I'm leaving
3. What is the reason Richard gives for going to the movie? He wants to see _________.
(a) The ending
(b) The importance of the movie
(c) Other people's reactions
(d) The stars
4. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in relation to his troubles with clouds? Shimoda tells Richard to remove it from his __________.
5. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
(d) Muscle fatigue
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person who is terrified of heights?
2. What does Richard cook when he wakes up in the morning next to his plane?
3. Richard dreams about a ___________ of humanity pouring against a man.
4. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
5. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
2. What does Shimoda tell people they are in control of, though always in the parable format?
3. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
4. What does Shimoda say to Richard's question about the pages in the book not being numbered?
5. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
6. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
7. What happens when Shimoda tosses Richard a wrench as they are working on the engine?
8. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
9. What is the non-miracle that Shimoda wants Richard to see?
10. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)