|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard says that being ___________ and finished is boring.
2. People are unhappy because they choose ____________.
(a) To see life's illusions as real.
(c) To see the negative side
(d) To be unhappy
3. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) To be there
(b) Tastes good
(c) Isn't burnt
(d) Is healthy
4. The covering of this Master training manual is made of ____________.
5. What does Richard try to float in the air, just for fun?
(a) 9/16 th
(b) A glass
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
2. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
3. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
4. Richard cannot picture Jesus returning to being a _____________.
5. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda give to Richard when Richard asks how Shimoda can know so much and how he can learn about being a Messiah?
2. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
3. What cares nothing about human illusions and games?
4. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
5. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
6. What does Shimoda say when Richard asks him why no one likes his pan-bread?
7. Why does Richard find it difficult to look at Shimoda too closely?
8. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
9. What does Richard answer when Shimoda asks him why he is at the movie?
10. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)