|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
(a) A chance to escape responsibility
(b) An illusion
(c) A lesson
(d) A farce
2. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
(a) A police buggy
(b) Another wheelchair
(c) A buffet of food
(d) A new car
3. What city are Richard and Shimoda in when Richard begins to sense tension in the air?
4. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in relation to his troubles with clouds? Shimoda tells Richard to remove it from his __________.
5. Richard dreams about a ___________ of humanity pouring against a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people say, according to Shimoda, in order to avoid responsibility?
2. For how many years has the man in the wheelchair been in his current state?
3. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
4. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
5. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Donald Shimoda.
2. When the woman caller demands to know how Shimoda can say the things he does, what does he respond?
3. What is the question Richard then formulates when he begins to do the thing which is the answer to #33?
4. What does Shimoda claim to Richard when they first meet?
5. What happens when Richard is refueling his plane?
6. Describe the story the Messiah uses in order to answer the millworker's objection that the Master does not have to work.
7. Why do Shimoda's bosses ask him to leave the auto repair shop where he initially works?
8. What is Richard doing when he overhears his boyhood favorite song, Greensleeves?
9. What passage can Shimoda not recall as Richard is flipping through the section on Perspective?
10. What does Richard see for the first time in years when he is flying over Ferris, Indiana?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)