|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda tells Richard, "Nothing good is a miracle, and nothing lovely is a _________."
2. The covering of this Master training manual is made of ____________.
3. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
(a) Messiah's Manscript
(b) Savior's Manual
(c) Savior Psalms
(d) Messiah's Missive
4. One never receives a __________ without the power to make it true - with work.
5. At the same time, Richard is ________ what will happen when Shimoda and the healed man land again.
(a) Curious of
(b) Ignored by
(c) Excited by
(d) Afraid of
Short Answer Questions
1. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
2. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
3. For how many years has the man in the wheelchair been in his current state?
4. Shimoda says there is not much he can do but ______________ because he gets into problems if he stays anywhere too long.
5. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in order to vaporize clouds?
2. Why does Richard find it difficult to look at Shimoda too closely?
3. What does Richard dream about before he is awakened at 3:00 A.M., happy about the dream?
4. What leaves Richard dumbfounded after he tries to impress Shimoda with a show-off landing?
5. What does Richard do in order to stop himself from thinking?
6. What does Richard have to say about life when eating dinner with Shimoda in Hammond, Wisconsin?
7. When Richard cannot vaporize clouds, what does he realize about the process?
8. Why is Shimoda suddenly furious with Richard about his question about the landing?
9. What must people do in order to enjoy life and to experience the illusion of time and space?
10. What message from the book does Richard think does not apply to him?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)