|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
(c) Golden Rule
2. Shimoda marvels at the way Richard never stops ____________ during their lessons and discussions.
3. How is Shimoda killed in his plane?
(b) Set on fire
4. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
5. Who announces where the pilots are parked when they sleep at night?
(a) The male caller
6. The question that a person does have to ask is, "Is this what I really want __________?"
(a) To do
(b) To have
(c) To hold
(d) To believe
7. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
8. Richard says that he doesn't care if he loses part of his audience because he knows ______ and talks what he talks.
(a) The truth
(b) What they need
(c) What he knows
9. What does Shimoda vanish through, just as Richard is beginning to understand the lesson of the wall?
(a) Orange brick wall
(b) The door
(c) The clouds
(d) The ground
10. Shimoda worries about Richard not liking ____________, but Richard admits he enjoys bouncing ideas around, if not being worshiped or depended on.
11. When a woman calls in, she points out some must __________, earning their bread by the sweat of their brow.
(a) Be accountable
(b) Work to the bone
(c) Hold down a job
(d) Be productive
12. What does the host of the radio show suggest is somehow illegal?
(a) Gypsy piloting
(b) Being a Master
(c) Walking on water
(d) Imagining reality
13. Since "___________ is Able to Respond" Richard answers only to himself.
(c) Being a Master
14. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
(b) Flying where and
15. Shimoda says he only gets ____________ if he feels like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
2. The woman caller is tired of hearing ___________.
3. The vampire realizes that he alone makes a decision to ________ if he fails to drink blood.
4. What is Richard's engine throwing less of at the start of this chapter?
5. Richard believes being a Master is ____________.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)