|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
(c) Flying where and
2. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
3. Shimoda advises Richard to _________ in reference to his feelings in question #143.
(a) Get over it
(b) Celebrate it
(c) Get used to it
(d) Ignore it
4. What does Shimoda have to say about the idea of people destroying the earth?
(a) It's bound to happen
(b) Everything balances
(c) People are ignorant
(d) The earth is stronger than people
5. The book tells Richard that a happy and free life requires that ______ be sacrificed.
6. The question that a person does have to ask is, "Is this what I really want __________?"
(a) To have
(b) To do
(c) To hold
(d) To believe
7. Shimoda asks: Can they be living in four billion _______________?
(a) Separate worlds
(b) Different illusions
(c) Different spaces
(d) Different dreams
8. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
(a) Power and money
(b) Freedom and power
(c) He has no idea
(d) Freedom and escape
9. What do Richard and Shimoda eat when they are at the cafe together?
10. When Richard asks if Shimoda's death had to happen, what does Shimoda have to say?
(a) Why does it matter?
11. Shimoda tells the woman on the phone that he does not know it, but finds it fun ___________.
(a) To believe it
(b) To pretend he does
(c) To mock her
(d) To argue
12. It is important to realize all are __________ to do whatever they want.
13. There is nothing wrong with being ____________, says Richard, but most people like to know why they are doing something.
(a) A Master
(b) A Wanderer
14. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
(a) Is sure
(b) Was told
15. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
(a) Sacrifice himself
(b) Force him to submit to the image
(d) Let him be taken by the image
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda says that all humans are __________, naturally able to have what they want.
2. What does Shimoda vanish through, just as Richard is beginning to understand the lesson of the wall?
3. Shimoda is learning how to _________________ in this chapter.
4. What does the answer to #112 ask to drink, which angers Richard?
5. Richard begins to believe that Shimoda does not __________ this world
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)