|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
2. The book tells Richard that a happy and free life requires that ______ be sacrificed.
3. The vampire realizes that he alone makes a decision to ________ if he fails to drink blood.
(b) Be weakened
(c) Find other sources of food
4. What direction does Richard fly after the assassination of Shimoda?
5. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
(d) Flying where and
6. Shimoda asks Richard if he can name anyone who _____________.
(a) Understands him
(b) Knows who Shimoda is
(c) Does live in this world
(d) Knows where Shimoda is
7. Richard believes it is __________ for him to walk through walls.
8. One need not _______ anything, for cosmic law takes care of it.
(a) Think about
(c) Worry about
9. Richard begins to believe that Shimoda does not __________ this world
(a) Walk on the ground in
(b) Appreciate the laws of
(d) Live in
10. The question that a person does have to ask is, "Is this what I really want __________?"
(a) To do
(b) To hold
(c) To believe
(d) To have
11. What does Shimoda have to say about the idea of people destroying the earth?
(a) The earth is stronger than people
(b) Everything balances
(c) It's bound to happen
(d) People are ignorant
12. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
(c) Blue Feather
13. Richard recalls reading about __________ but finds letting go of doubt hard.
(b) Hypnotic learning
14. Shimoda says that Richard has failed to realize he is already _________ and has always been.
(b) At Peace
(c) A Master
15. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the image revealed to be, according to Shimoda?
2. Richard says that he doesn't care if he loses part of his audience because he knows ______ and talks what he talks.
3. The book tells Richard after Shimoda dies that, "Everything in this book may be ___________."
4. The _____ does not need Shimoda to tell anyone how the world works, so Shimoda could have said nothing.
5. What is the character from the shadow wearing?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)