|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is actually playing the song that Richard hears in the hardware store?
2. The truth is that having what you want is not a matter of faith, but a matter of __________.
3. When Richard asks if Shimoda's death had to happen, what does Shimoda have to say?
(d) Why does it matter?
4. When a woman calls in, she points out some must __________, earning their bread by the sweat of their brow.
(a) Hold down a job
(b) Be accountable
(c) Be productive
(d) Work to the bone
5. Shimoda asks Richard if he can name anyone who _____________.
(a) Understands him
(b) Does live in this world
(c) Knows who Shimoda is
(d) Knows where Shimoda is
6. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
(a) Flying where and
7. The book tells Richard that ___________ characters can be more real than flesh and blood.
8. What frightens Richard as he and Shimoda are talking that night?
(a) A shadow
(b) A voice
(c) A bug
(d) The book
9. Shimoda asks Richard if he thinks __________ would have said he could not play a guitar.
(b) Jimmy Page
10. The vampire realizes that he alone makes a decision to ________ if he fails to drink blood.
(a) Find other sources of food
(c) Be weakened
11. What is the character from the shadow wearing?
(a) Top hat
(b) Green robes
12. Shimoda says he only gets ____________ if he feels like it.
13. Who announces where the pilots are parked when they sleep at night?
(d) The male caller
14. Shimoda says that Richard has failed to realize he is already _________ and has always been.
(a) A Master
(b) At Peace
15. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Since "___________ is Able to Respond" Richard answers only to himself.
2. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
3. Shimoda says that Richard's _________ proves he will do what he wants, even if it hurts someone.
4. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
5. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)