|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces where the pilots are parked when they sleep at night?
(d) The male caller
2. Shimoda and Richard remain ___________ should Richard have any questions or need to discuss any problems.
(c) Fellow fliers
3. The truth is that having what you want is not a matter of faith, but a matter of __________.
4. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
(c) Blue Feather
5. Richard believes it is __________ for him to walk through walls.
6. Since "___________ is Able to Respond" Richard answers only to himself.
(d) Being a Master
7. Shimoda tries to explain to Richard that __________ does not affect reality.
(d) Another's belief
8. Shimoda asks Richard if he thinks __________ would have said he could not play a guitar.
(c) Jimmy Page
9. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
(a) Sacrifice himself
(b) Force him to submit to the image
(c) Let him be taken by the image
10. Shimoda advises Richard to _________ in reference to his feelings in question #143.
(a) Ignore it
(b) Get used to it
(c) Get over it
(d) Celebrate it
11. Shimoda asks Richard if he can name anyone who _____________.
(a) Knows where Shimoda is
(b) Understands him
(c) Does live in this world
(d) Knows who Shimoda is
12. Shimoda says that Richard is here to learn that it does not matter whether he ___________ or not.
13. What is Richard's engine throwing less of at the start of this chapter?
(d) Transmission fluid
14. What does Richard continue to relive, hoping to change what has happened?
(a) The radio show exchanges
(b) The day Shimoda and Richard met
(c) The day of Shimoda's death
(d) The day he received the book
15. Shimoda can do anything because he _________ he knows.
(c) Was told
(d) Is sure
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
2. What song is playing in the hardware store that Richard goes to in order to find parts for his plane?
3. When a woman calls in, she points out some must __________, earning their bread by the sweat of their brow.
4. Shimoda tells the woman on the phone that he does not know it, but finds it fun ___________.
5. The male caller believes he is free to come over to the station and ________________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)