|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
2. Richard will need to give himself conscious __________ to do things he wants to do.
(a) Pep talks
3. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
4. What does the host of the radio show suggest is somehow illegal?
(a) Walking on water
(b) Being a Master
(c) Imagining reality
(d) Gypsy piloting
5. What is the character from the shadow wearing?
(a) Green robes
(d) Top hat
6. What does Shimoda have to say about the idea of people destroying the earth?
(a) People are ignorant
(b) Everything balances
(c) It's bound to happen
(d) The earth is stronger than people
7. Shimoda's response to the idea of the answer to #158 being illegal is that no one can stop them from ________ what they want.
(d) Flying where and
8. What does Shimoda say the 4 billion people in the world might be rocked by?
(a) Financial markets
(c) A death
(d) Shimoda's identity
9. Shimoda asks: Can they be living in four billion _______________?
(a) Separate worlds
(b) Different spaces
(c) Different illusions
(d) Different dreams
10. Richard believes being a Master is ____________.
11. Richard tells Shimoda as he is dying that he didn't think Shimoda had any ____________.
(a) Common sense
(b) Reason to fear
(d) Regrets in his life
12. Richard recalls how it easy it was for him to learn _______ because nothing else mattered.
(a) To read
(b) To fly
(c) To sing
(d) To walk
13. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
(a) Sacrifice himself
(c) Let him be taken by the image
(d) Force him to submit to the image
14. Shimoda asks Richard if he thinks __________ would have said he could not play a guitar.
(a) Jimmy Page
15. Another caller says that Shimoda is a ____________, and Shimoda agrees with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda warns Richard that he will lose 90% of his audience unless he ___________.
2. Shimoda says that Richard has failed to realize he is already _________ and has always been.
3. The vampire is free to __________ however he wants, and the choices go on and on
4. Richard recalls reading about __________ but finds letting go of doubt hard.
5. The _____ does not need Shimoda to tell anyone how the world works, so Shimoda could have said nothing.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)