|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
(b) Force him to submit to the image
(c) Sacrifice himself
(d) Let him be taken by the image
2. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
3. What does Richard continue to relive, hoping to change what has happened?
(a) The radio show exchanges
(b) The day of Shimoda's death
(c) The day Shimoda and Richard met
(d) The day he received the book
4. What is the character from the shadow wearing?
(b) Green robes
(c) Top hat
5. What is the name of the host on the talk show Shimoda and Richard are on?
(a) Jenny Sloopy
(b) Jeremy Sykes
(c) John Smith
(d) Jeff Sykes
6. Richard tells Shimoda as he is dying that he didn't think Shimoda had any ____________.
(a) Regrets in his life
(b) Common sense
(d) Reason to fear
7. The book tells Richard that ___________ characters can be more real than flesh and blood.
8. Shimoda is learning how to _________________ in this chapter.
(a) Listen to Richard
(b) Become a Master
(c) Pour gas into his tank
(d) Walk through walls
9. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
(a) He has no idea
(b) Freedom and power
(c) Power and money
(d) Freedom and escape
10. What is revealed in the shadow? What might this character be called?
11. Shimoda turns a question back onto Richard: Can _____________ walk through walls?
12. What do Richard and Shimoda eat when they are at the cafe together?
13. Shimoda asks Richard if he can name anyone who _____________.
(a) Does live in this world
(b) Knows who Shimoda is
(c) Knows where Shimoda is
(d) Understands him
14. What does not occur, even though the Fleet runs better than ever and does not kill any more bugs?
(a) Death threats
(d) New students
15. When Richard asks if Shimoda's death had to happen, what does Shimoda have to say?
(b) Why does it matter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shimoda warns that people who will come to him with problems will not want ___________.
2. In what kind of light does Shimoda instruct Richard to visualize his desired objects.
3. Another caller says that Shimoda is a ____________, and Shimoda agrees with him.
4. What is the name of the hardware store where Richard is shopping for plane parts?
5. Shimoda says that Richard is here to learn that it does not matter whether he ___________ or not.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)