|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _____ does not need Shimoda to tell anyone how the world works, so Shimoda could have said nothing.
(c) Male caller
2. Richard asks Shimoda if he ever gets a little ___________ in all of his travels.
3. The truth is that having what you want is not a matter of faith, but a matter of __________.
4. Shimoda confirms to Richard that everything that happened and that is happening is just a _______.
5. Shimoda warns that people who will come to him with problems will not want ___________.
(a) Jokes or games
(b) More questions
(d) A friend
6. Shimoda believes it is a great way to run the ________________, letting everyone do as they please.
7. What frightens Richard as he and Shimoda are talking that night?
(a) A bug
(b) The book
(c) A voice
(d) A shadow
8. What does Richard think Shimoda will do to him?
(a) Force him to submit to the image
(b) Sacrifice himself
(c) Let him be taken by the image
9. Richard recalls reading about __________ but finds letting go of doubt hard.
(d) Hypnotic learning
10. Richard believes it is __________ for him to walk through walls.
11. Richard says that he doesn't care if he loses part of his audience because he knows ______ and talks what he talks.
(a) The truth
(b) What he knows
(c) What they need
12. Richard is annoyed about never receiving ___________ from Shimoda.
(a) Straight answers
(b) Clear lessons
13. What is Richard's engine throwing less of at the start of this chapter?
(a) Transmission fluid
14. Shimoda marvels at the way Richard never stops ____________ during their lessons and discussions.
15. Richard could play any instrument by giving up his ______________ that he cannot play.
(b) Past experiences
(d) Internal dialogue
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's answer about the question of why he dreams about airplanes?
2. Since "___________ is Able to Respond" Richard answers only to himself.
3. Shimoda tries to explain to Richard that __________ does not affect reality.
4. Shimoda asks Richard if he thinks __________ would have said he could not play a guitar.
5. What does Shimoda say the 4 billion people in the world might be rocked by?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)