|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard says that if there was anyone to teach him what he wants to know, he would _________ to him or her.
(b) Make payments
2. What does Shimoda say he wants Richard to witness as they are in an isolated field on the Illinois-Indiana state line?
(b) Stunning example of illusion
(d) Thought form
3. What movie does Shimoda suggest they go to see when they are done with their dinner?
(a) Bonnie and Clyde
(b) Jesus Christ Superstar
(c) All the President's Men
(d) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
4. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
5. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(b) Travel Air
6. Whose presence does Richard feel when he wakes up at 3:00 A.M., even though he can't see him?
7. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
(c) Reads a romance novel
(d) Sings endless songs
8. Richard reads about being led through life by an inner _____________.
(a) Spiritual creature
9. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) Like attracts like
(b) Richard was being too loud
(c) He followed him
(d) He says nothing
10. Choosing a different _________ boggles Richard's mind.
11. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) A man in a wheelchair
(b) The woman in the hat
(c) The grandfather
(d) A 10-year-old girl
12. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
(a) Smashed bug
(b) A dead bird
(c) A dead flower
(d) His plane
13. Shimoda says that his landing can be explained by the simple statement that the world and everything in it are ____________.
14. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(a) Miracle worker
(c) Blessed man
15. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) To be there
(b) Tastes good
(c) Isn't burnt
(d) Is healthy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
2. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
3. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
4. Where does Shimoda go to stand when he asks Richard to watch him?
5. Richard cannot picture Jesus returning to being a _____________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)