|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soul lives is the Messiah supposed to live during his work on the planet?
2. Richard gets annoyed with Shimoda and his discussions because everything Richard says is ___________.
3. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
(a) Another wheelchair
(b) A new car
(c) A police buggy
(d) A buffet of food
4. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
5. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(b) Miracle worker
(d) Blessed man
6. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
7. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(b) Run away
(d) Turn him down
8. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
9. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
(a) Medical office
(c) Copy center
(d) Auto repair shop
10. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) To be there
(b) Tastes good
(c) Is healthy
(d) Isn't burnt
11. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
(d) Travel Air
12. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(a) Travel Air
13. Richard says that if there was anyone to teach him what he wants to know, he would _________ to him or her.
(d) Make payments
14. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
15. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
(c) Believe in anything
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
2. Shimoda says that his landing can be explained by the simple statement that the world and everything in it are ____________.
3. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
4. Shimoda says he knows past, present, and future, but he has no ___________.
5. How long does Shimoda say that Richard has to practice in order to know the answers?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)