|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shimoda tell Richard to do in relation to his troubles with clouds? Shimoda tells Richard to remove it from his __________.
2. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
3. What does Shimoda think people only want from him or from other Masters and Messiahs?
(d) Easy fixes
4. Shimoda tells Richard, "Nothing good is a miracle, and nothing lovely is a _________."
5. What kinds of stories does the Messiah tell to the crowds who follow him from place to place?
(b) Children's stories
(c) Fairy tales
6. Shimoda cautions Richard that he should not get __________ attached to his attempts with the clouds.
7. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
8. Over what city in Indiana is Richard flying when Chapter 2 begins?
(d) Terre Haute
9. Shimoda says: Once one learns what the world is and how it works, one _________ performs so-called miracles.
(a) Tries and
10. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
11. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
(a) The Infinite
(b) The Infinite Radiant Is
(d) The Blessed Boss
12. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
13. Shimoda says that his landing can be explained by the simple statement that the world and everything in it are ____________.
14. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
15. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
(c) Muscle fatigue
Short Answer Questions
1. What section does Richard read about first when he is given the book by Shimoda?
2. Where does the Master go once his bosses as khim to leave the job noted in #2?
3. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
4. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
5. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)