|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
(a) Believe in anything
2. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
(a) Travel Air
3. The book says the true family is linked not by ___________ but by respect and joy in one another's lives.
4. One never receives a __________ without the power to make it true - with work.
5. What does the Messiah say to the greater being when he is sorry he has let it go this long?
(a) I'm leaving
(b) I'm overjoyed
(c) I quit
(d) I'm ashamed
6. Choosing a different _________ boggles Richard's mind.
7. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
(c) The Is
8. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
9. Shimoda says that his landing can be explained by the simple statement that the world and everything in it are ____________.
10. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(c) Miracle worker
(d) Blessed man
11. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
(a) Able to keep up
(b) Running away
(c) Able to talk
12. Who objects that the Master does not need to work for a living?
(a) Deli owner
(b) Postal worker
13. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) Richard was being too loud
(b) He says nothing
(c) He followed him
(d) Like attracts like
14. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
(a) Reads a romance novel
(b) Sings endless songs
15. What city are Richard and Shimoda in when Richard begins to sense tension in the air?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
2. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
3. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
4. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
5. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)