|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
(c) Muscle fatigue
2. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) Tastes good
(b) Is healthy
(c) To be there
(d) Isn't burnt
3. What is the feeling Richard continues to have when in the presence of Shimoda?
4. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) The grandfather
(b) A man in a wheelchair
(c) The woman in the hat
(d) A 10-year-old girl
5. Richard reads about being led through life by an inner _____________.
(c) Spiritual creature
6. Shimoda tells Richard, "Nothing good is a miracle, and nothing lovely is a _________."
7. Richard says that if there was anyone to teach him what he wants to know, he would _________ to him or her.
(c) Make payments
8. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
(a) Travel Air
9. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
10. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(c) Miracle worker
(d) Blessed man
11. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
12. The Master asks what the people would do if God were to command them to _______.
(a) Be happy
(b) Be miserable
(c) Be honest
(d) Be the Master
13. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(c) Weak man
14. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(a) Travel Air
15. In response to the statement by the Master in #11, the greater being says that he has just learned that the path of happiness teaches each why they have chosen this ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
2. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
3. Shimoda says: Once one learns what the world is and how it works, one _________ performs so-called miracles.
4. How long does Shimoda say that Richard has to practice in order to know the answers?
5. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)