|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. People are unhappy because they choose ____________.
(b) To see life's illusions as real.
(c) To be unhappy
(d) To see the negative side
2. Shimoda says that his landing can be explained by the simple statement that the world and everything in it are ____________.
3. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) He followed him
(b) He says nothing
(c) Like attracts like
(d) Richard was being too loud
4. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
5. Shimoda says he knows past, present, and future, but he has no ___________.
(d) Easy answers
6. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
7. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) The pages are all the same
(b) The word are flashing as he reads
(c) It's in a different language
(d) No page numbers
8. Richard reads about being led through life by an inner _____________.
(b) Spiritual creature
9. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
(c) Torn and mussed
10. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
11. Richard just wants to become a _____________ of the World of Illusion.
12. Whose permission does a gypsy flier need to have in order to land in a certain location?
(a) The customer's
(b) Field owner
(c) Another pilot's
13. What movie does Shimoda suggest they go to see when they are done with their dinner?
(a) All the President's Men
(b) Jesus Christ Superstar
(c) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
(d) Bonnie and Clyde
14. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
(a) The Infinite Radiant Is
(c) The Infinite
(d) The Blessed Boss
15. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of stories does the Messiah tell to the crowds who follow him from place to place?
2. At the same time, Richard is ________ what will happen when Shimoda and the healed man land again.
3. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
4. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
5. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)