|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What section does Richard read about first when he is given the book by Shimoda?
2. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
(a) Too hard
(b) Too easy
(d) That don't matter
3. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
(a) Torn and mussed
4. What is the feeling Richard continues to have when in the presence of Shimoda?
5. Who objects that the Master does not need to work for a living?
(a) Postal worker
(c) Deli owner
6. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
(a) A lesson
(b) A farce
(c) An illusion
(d) A chance to escape responsibility
7. Over what city in Indiana is Richard flying when Chapter 2 begins?
(b) Terre Haute
8. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
(b) Brought someone back to life
(c) Died and rose again
(d) Multiplied wine
9. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) He followed him
(b) Like attracts like
(c) He says nothing
(d) Richard was being too loud
10. What kinds of stories does the Messiah tell to the crowds who follow him from place to place?
(a) Fairy tales
(b) Children's stories
11. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
(a) Able to keep up
(b) Able to talk
(d) Running away
12. Whose presence does Richard feel when he wakes up at 3:00 A.M., even though he can't see him?
13. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) A man in a wheelchair
(b) The grandfather
(c) A 10-year-old girl
(d) The woman in the hat
14. Shimoda tells Richard, "Nothing good is a miracle, and nothing lovely is a _________."
15. Shimoda says that if someone says he has something or acts as though he has something, then _________.
(a) He is not welcome.
(b) He is crazy
(c) He is a Master
(d) He has it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard try to float in the air, just for fun?
2. Richard dreams about a ___________ of humanity pouring against a man.
3. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
4. What does Shimoda make come back to life as Richard asks where they will fly today?
5. Who is the person who is terrified of heights?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)