|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard gets annoyed with Shimoda and his discussions because everything Richard says is ___________.
2. Shimoda says no one else likes Richard's breakfast choice because only Richard believes it _________.
(a) Tastes good
(b) Is healthy
(c) Isn't burnt
(d) To be there
3. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) A horrible death
(c) So much work
(d) Being famous
4. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
5. Shimoda cautions Richard that he should not get __________ attached to his attempts with the clouds.
6. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
7. What does Shimoda say he wants Richard to witness as they are in an isolated field on the Illinois-Indiana state line?
(a) Thought form
(b) Stunning example of illusion
8. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
(a) Spirtual growth mantras
9. Richard cannot ______ clouds during attempts he makes between taking passengers up in his plane.
10. What does Shimoda say in response to Richard's question of how Shimoda found him?
(a) He followed him
(b) Like attracts like
(c) He says nothing
(d) Richard was being too loud
11. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
12. Over what city in Indiana is Richard flying when Chapter 2 begins?
(a) Terre Haute
13. What does Richard try to float in the air, just for fun?
(b) 9/16 th
(c) A glass
14. What does the Messiah say to the greater being when he is sorry he has let it go this long?
(a) I'm ashamed
(b) I'm leaving
(c) I'm overjoyed
(d) I quit
15. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
(a) Able to talk
(b) Able to keep up
(d) Running away
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Master go once his bosses as khim to leave the job noted in #2?
2. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
3. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
4. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
5. What movie does Shimoda suggest they go to see when they are done with their dinner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)