|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(d) Weak man
2. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) The word are flashing as he reads
(b) It's in a different language
(c) No page numbers
(d) The pages are all the same
3. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) A 10-year-old girl
(b) A man in a wheelchair
(c) The grandfather
(d) The woman in the hat
4. Shimoda says there is not much he can do but ______________ because he gets into problems if he stays anywhere too long.
5. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
(a) The Blessed Boss
(c) The Infinite
(d) The Infinite Radiant Is
6. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
(c) Torn and mussed
7. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
(b) Jail cell
8. Where does the Master, as referenced in the title, originally have a job when he is found to be a Messiah?
(a) Medical office
(b) Auto repair shop
(d) Copy center
9. Where does the Master go once his bosses as khim to leave the job noted in #2?
(c) The shopping mall
10. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
(a) He has not refueled
(b) It has not moved
(c) It is still clean
(d) It is gone
11. Who objects that the Master does not need to work for a living?
(b) Deli owner
(d) Postal worker
12. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
(a) Savior's Manual
(b) Messiah's Manscript
(c) Savior Psalms
(d) Messiah's Missive
13. Shimoda says that if someone says he has something or acts as though he has something, then _________.
(a) He is a Master
(b) He is not welcome.
(c) He is crazy
(d) He has it
14. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(b) Turn him down
(c) Run away
15. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
(a) A farce
(b) A lesson
(c) A chance to escape responsibility
(d) An illusion
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
2. The covering of this Master training manual is made of ____________.
3. What do people say, according to Shimoda, in order to avoid responsibility?
4. How many soul lives is the Messiah supposed to live during his work on the planet?
5. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)