|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(a) Weak man
2. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
3. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
(a) So much work
(b) A horrible death
(c) Being famous
4. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
(a) Motion of the wind
(b) Motion of our souls
(c) Motion of our time
(d) Motion of our minds
5. What kind of biplane does Richard own and use in his gypsy flying business?
(c) Travel Air
6. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
(a) A new car
(b) A buffet of food
(c) Another wheelchair
(d) A police buggy
7. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
8. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
9. Richard begins to wonder, "If life is illusion, why _______?"
(b) Believe in anything
10. Once Richard believes he is a ______, he will, indeed, be one.
(a) Spiritual creature
11. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
(a) It is gone
(b) He has not refueled
(c) It has not moved
(d) It is still clean
12. What kinds of stories does the Messiah tell to the crowds who follow him from place to place?
(c) Fairy tales
(d) Children's stories
13. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
(a) An access road
(b) Permisssion fo the mayor
(c) A set of tools
(d) A hangar
14. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) The pages are all the same
(b) No page numbers
(c) The word are flashing as he reads
(d) It's in a different language
15. What does Richard wish for Shimoda as Richard is sitting by his fire?
(a) That he gets whatever he wants
(b) The he gets to Heaven
(c) That he fuels his plane
(d) That he find peace
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state do Richard and Shimoda have dinner at the start of the chapter?
2. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
3. Shimoda cautions Richard that he should not get __________ attached to his attempts with the clouds.
4. What do people say, according to Shimoda, in order to avoid responsibility?
5. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)