|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Richard gives for going to the movie? He wants to see _________.
(a) The ending
(b) The stars
(c) The importance of the movie
(d) Other people's reactions
2. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(c) Turn him down
(d) Run away
3. The world, the book says, is one's ________ book rather than reality.
4. What kind of plane makes Richard land his plane in order to get a better look?
(a) Travel Air
5. What does Shimoda say he wants Richard to witness as they are in an isolated field on the Illinois-Indiana state line?
(a) Thought form
(c) Stunning example of illusion
6. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
7. One never receives a __________ without the power to make it true - with work.
8. What do the crowds that follow the Messiah call him, besides "Messiah" and "Master?"
(b) Miracle worker
(c) Blessed man
9. In response to the statement by the Master in #11, the greater being says that he has just learned that the path of happiness teaches each why they have chosen this ____________.
10. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
11. People are unhappy because they choose ____________.
(a) To be unhappy
(b) To see life's illusions as real.
(c) To see the negative side
12. Shimoda tells Richard he once ___________ in front of 25,000 eyewitnesses, which is why he's always on the move.
(a) Multiplied wine
(c) Brought someone back to life
(d) Died and rose again
13. How many points is the landing that Shimoda makes, impressing Richard?
14. What movie does Shimoda suggest they go to see when they are done with their dinner?
(a) Jesus Christ Superstar
(b) Bonnie and Clyde
(c) All the President's Men
(d) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
15. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard dreams about a ___________ of humanity pouring against a man.
2. What is the feeling Richard continues to have when in the presence of Shimoda?
3. Once Richard believes he is a ______, he will, indeed, be one.
4. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
5. Whose permission does a gypsy flier need to have in order to land in a certain location?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)