|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
(a) Dances a jig
(b) Shakily walks to the plane
(c) Flies from his seat
(d) Runs to the cockpit
2. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
(a) A hangar
(b) A set of tools
(c) Permisssion fo the mayor
(d) An access road
3. What do people say, according to Shimoda, in order to avoid responsibility?
(a) I'm too busy
(b) I am too important
(c) I've got responsibilities
(d) I can't
4. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
(a) Messiah's Manscript
(b) Messiah's Missive
(c) Savior Psalms
(d) Savior's Manual
5. Whose permission does a gypsy flier need to have in order to land in a certain location?
(a) Another pilot's
(b) Field owner
(d) The customer's
6. What does Shimoda say he can always do if Richard offers to pay him for advice or to help him with his engine troubles?
(a) Turn him down
(b) Run away
7. Where does Shimoda go to stand when he asks Richard to watch him?
(a) On his plane
(b) On the pond
(c) On a tree branch
(d) On a rock
8. From what state does the Master in question in this book emerge?
9. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) No page numbers
(b) The pages are all the same
(c) It's in a different language
(d) The word are flashing as he reads
10. What does Richard think is trying to replace his own thinking, thus he tells himself not to listen to it?
(b) The book
11. Where does the Master go once his bosses as khim to leave the job noted in #2?
(c) The shopping mall
12. How long does Shimoda say that Richard has to practice in order to know the answers?
(a) 10 years
(b) A year
(c) A month
(d) A week and a half
13. What section does Richard read about first when he is given the book by Shimoda?
14. What always accompanies gifts, according to the book Richard was given by Shimoda?
15. The covering of this Master training manual is made of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. People are unhappy because they choose ____________.
2. The book says that clouds do not know why they _____ as they do.
3. Richard flees because he is unsure he will be __________ with Shimoda.
4. Who objects that the Master does not need to work for a living?
5. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)