|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people say, according to Shimoda, in order to avoid responsibility?
(a) I can't
(b) I'm too busy
(c) I've got responsibilities
(d) I am too important
2. Richard gets annoyed with Shimoda and his discussions because everything Richard says is ___________.
3. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
4. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
(a) Weak man
5. What does Richard do in order to keep from thinking while he is sitting out by the fire?
(c) Sings endless songs
(d) Reads a romance novel
6. What does Richard call the movement of the time period in which people are turning from the material to the spiritual?
(a) Motion of our time
(b) Motion of the wind
(c) Motion of our minds
(d) Motion of our souls
7. What does Richard realize about his attempts with the clouds? He is making things __________.
(b) Too easy
(c) Too hard
(d) That don't matter
8. The image of a sunset is a dream, but the ________ is real.
9. Even the best movie is ______________, according to Shimoda.
(a) A chance to escape responsibility
(b) A lesson
(c) An illusion
(d) A farce
10. Richard reads about being led through life by an inner _____________.
(d) Spiritual creature
11. Shimoda asks Richard if giving three dollar _____ will teach him what he wants to know.
12. What kind of eyes does Richard think Shimoda has as he first sees him sitting underneath his plane?
13. Richard has seen the movie because he was asked, and so, too, do many choose _________ that allow them to do things together.
14. What does the man in the wheelchair do that makes the scene look staged, according to Richard?
(a) Dances a jig
(b) Flies from his seat
(c) Shakily walks to the plane
(d) Runs to the cockpit
15. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the creature wants to let go of the river, others tell him that he will be killed faster by letting go than by __________.
2. Shimoda cannot recall this passage about being a Messiah involving _________.
3. The Master asks what the people would do if God were to command them to _______.
4. Shimoda says: Once one learns what the world is and how it works, one _________ performs so-called miracles.
5. Richard deduces that movies must be like one's ___________.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)