|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rolled forward when Shimoda and his passenger eventually land at the field again?
(a) A new car
(b) Another wheelchair
(c) A police buggy
(d) A buffet of food
2. Shimoda gives Richard a book that is apparently what Masters use in order to train themselves to become Masters. What is it called?
(a) Messiah's Missive
(b) Messiah's Manscript
(c) Savior's Manual
(d) Savior Psalms
3. What city are Richard and Shimoda in when Richard begins to sense tension in the air?
4. What is the feeling Richard continues to have when in the presence of Shimoda?
5. Richard feels _______ at the healing of the man who seems to deserve it.
6. What do gypsy fliers need in addition to a long, smooth, close-cut field near a town?
(a) Permisssion fo the mayor
(b) An access road
(c) A hangar
(d) A set of tools
7. Richard notices that Shimoda's plane is better than ________ fresh. It has no dust, scratches, patches, or any wear and tear.
8. Shimoda says many beginners do ___________ in their sleep.
(c) Spirtual growth mantras
9. What movie does Shimoda suggest they go to see when they are done with their dinner?
(a) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
(b) All the President's Men
(c) Jesus Christ Superstar
(d) Bonnie and Clyde
10. Choosing a different _________ boggles Richard's mind.
11. What is the condition of Shimoda's clothes after they have swum in the land?
(a) Torn and mussed
12. The book says that clouds do not know why they _____ as they do.
(b) Become puffy
(d) Change colors
13. Shimoda says there is not much he can do but ______________ because he gets into problems if he stays anywhere too long.
14. Over what city in Indiana is Richard flying when Chapter 2 begins?
(a) Terre Haute
15. ___________ cares noting about human illusions and games and knows only itself and humans in its perfect, finished likeness.
(b) The Is
Short Answer Questions
1. The mind, or imagination, is life's _____________, according to Richard's observations.
2. What does Shimoda float in front of Richard, just for his own amusement?
3. Richard says that if there was anyone to teach him what he wants to know, he would _________ to him or her.
4. Shimoda admits to letting the crowd at Troy get to him because he admits to being a _________.
5. What does Richard realize about Shimoda's plane at about 3:00 P.M. as they are beginning to head out?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)