|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about this book that Richard notices when he opens up the pages and flips around?
(a) The pages are all the same
(b) The word are flashing as he reads
(c) It's in a different language
(d) No page numbers
2. Where does the Master go once his bosses as khim to leave the job noted in #2?
(b) The shopping mall
3. In what state is the cafe where Richard and Shimoda dine during Chapter 14?
4. Who refuses to fly when they arrive at Shimoda and Richard's setup area?
(a) A 10-year-old girl
(b) The woman in the hat
(c) The grandfather
(d) A man in a wheelchair
5. Who announces where the pilots are parked when they sleep at night?
(c) The male caller
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shimoda say he wants Richard to witness as they are in an isolated field on the Illinois-Indiana state line?
2. Whose presence does Richard feel when he wakes up at 3:00 A.M., even though he can't see him?
3. Shimoda turns a question back onto Richard: Can _____________ walk through walls?
4. Masochists, crocodile god worshipers, and would-be martyrs prove the _________ does not work.
5. Who does the Master pray to as he begins to feel fatigued by his work as the Messiah?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)