Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of The Iliad, Homer tells us that the story is about the anger of Achilles. What is one part of the story that do not involve Achilles, but is a result of his anger? Why is this part important if the story is about the anger of Achilles?
Essay Topic 2
There is a contrast in the Iliad between war and peace, suffering and understanding. What are some of the symbols, events and characters in The Iliad which show this contrast?
Essay Topic 3
If you had to identify the moral of The Iliad, what would it be and why? Please explain using specific examples of characters and lessons they went through and learned.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)