|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
2. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
3. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
4. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
5. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
Essay Topic 1
In the beginning of The Iliad, Homer tells us that the story is about the anger of Achilles. What is one part of the story that do not involve Achilles, but is a result of his anger? Why is this part important if the story is about the anger of Achilles?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in The Iliad are ruled by their emotions. Please pick a character and give three specific examples of when that character was ruled by their emotions, whether it led them to a good or bad result, and why. Make sure to use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
How does Achilles change in character from the beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 24. Please provide specific examples of changes.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)