Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of dreams and prophecies in The Iliad? Please use at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Achilles change in character from the beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 24. Please provide specific examples of changes.
Essay Topic 3
The mortals in The Iliad appear to be at the mercy of the gods. Please discuss if this is true, why or why not, using specific examples from the text.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)