|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of dreams and prophecies in The Iliad? Please use at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
From the story, what was the cause of the war, and what actions of men and gods caused it to go on so long? Please support your answer with at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
There is a contrast in the Iliad between war and peace, suffering and understanding. What are some of the symbols, events and characters in The Iliad which show this contrast?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)