|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
2. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
3. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
5. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
2. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
3. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
4. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
5. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
6. After Achilles tells his sorrows to his mother, what does his mother do?
7. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
8. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
9. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
10. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which event in the books is the climax, or main turning point, in the book? Please explain your thoughts.
Essay Topic 2
How does Achilles change in character from the beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 24. Please provide specific examples of changes.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you identify as the main character in The Iliad? Why? Support your answer with at least five examples from the book.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)