|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the eagle injured?
2. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
3. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
4. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
5. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
2. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
3. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
4. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
5. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
6. What is the interpretation of the eagle and the snake that Hector does not like?
7. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
8. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
9. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
10. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Achilles change in character from the beginning of Book 1 to the end of Book 24. Please provide specific examples of changes.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role that friendship plays in the Iliad? Which two people best demonstrate this role of friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Please discuss whether you think the following gods were good or evil: Zeus, Hera, Apollo, and Athena. Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)