|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
2. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
3. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
5. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
2. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
3. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
4. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
5. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
6. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
7. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
8. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
9. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
10. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a side, either the Trojans or the Greeks, and state whether they were "good" or "evil" in the war. Support your answer with at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Which event in the books is the climax, or main turning point, in the book? Please explain your thoughts.
Essay Topic 3
Please discuss whether you think the following gods were good or evil: Zeus, Hera, Apollo, and Athena. Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)