|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(b) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(c) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
(d) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
2. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Weeping over his death.
(b) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(c) Running away from the battle.
(d) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
3. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(d) For Patroclus' success and safety.
5. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Olympian gates.
(b) The Athenian gates.
(c) The Scaean gates.
(d) The west gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
2. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
3. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
4. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
5. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
2. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
3. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
4. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
5. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
6. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
7. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
8. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
9. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
10. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)