|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(d) For the Greeks' success and safety.
2. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
(a) A mortal man, Demedious.
(b) A mortal man, Hector.
(c) A mortal man, Klaudius.
(d) A mortal man, Agenor.
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father .
(d) His friends.
4. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Wear his new armor into battle.
(d) Make up with Agamemnon.
5. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
(a) Delivers a message from the gods.
(b) Wakes him up to get him to return home.
(c) Wakes him up to prevent his death.
(d) Delievers a message from the gods in his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
2. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
3. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
4. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
5. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
2. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
3. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
4. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
5. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
6. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
7. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
8. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
9. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
10. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)