|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
(a) His favorite sword.
(b) His favorite spear.
(c) His armor.
(d) His favorite bow and arrows.
2. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(d) For Patroclus' success and safety.
3. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
4. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
5. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
(a) Because Hector prays to Poseidon.
(b) Because Amphimachos is killed by Hector.
(c) Because Poseidon doesn't like Zeus.
(d) Because Hector is his grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
2. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
3. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
4. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
5. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
2. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
3. What arguments develop upon Patroclus' death?
4. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
5. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
6. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
7. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
8. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
9. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
10. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)