|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(b) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(c) Hector killing Patroclus.
(d) Paris killing Patroclus.
2. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
3. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On winning the war.
(b) On recoving Helen.
(c) On not losing the war.
(d) On killing the Trojans.
4. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They must remember to not disobey him.
(b) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
(c) They can interfere any way they want.
(d) They may not interfere in the battle.
5. How many events are there in the funeral games?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
2. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
3. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
4. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
5. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
2. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
3. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
4. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
5. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
6. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
7. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
8. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
9. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
10. How is Patroclus killed?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)