|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
2. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(b) Running away from the battle.
(c) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(d) Weeping over his death.
3. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
(a) His favorite sword.
(b) His armor.
(c) His favorite spear.
(d) His favorite bow and arrows.
4. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
5. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A large stone.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
2. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
3. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
4. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
5. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
2. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
3. How is Patroclus killed?
4. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
5. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
6. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
7. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
8. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
9. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
10. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)