|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A long sword.
(c) A long spear.
(d) A bow and arrow.
2. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Wear his new armor into battle.
(c) Make up with Agamemnon.
(d) Pray to the gods for help.
3. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) The horses die.
(b) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(c) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(d) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
4. Who kills Hector?
5. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Nine days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Twelve days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
2. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
3. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
4. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
5. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
2. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
3. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
4. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
5. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
6. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
7. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
8. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
9. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
10. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)