|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A sword.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A spear.
(d) A large stone.
2. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be taken back to Troy.
(b) That it be given to Paris.
(c) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(d) That it be delivered to his brother.
3. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
(a) King Priam.
(c) Hector .
4. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
5. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Sink them.
(b) Send them out to sea.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Set fire to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Athena do to Achilles?
2. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
3. What weapon does Ajax carry?
4. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
5. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
2. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
3. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
4. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
5. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
6. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
7. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
8. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
9. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
10. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)