|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His armor.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His crown.
2. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
3. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
(a) Protection from insects.
(b) Protection from burning.
(c) Protection from decay.
(d) Protection from the effects of the sun.
4. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
5. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
(a) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
(b) Menelaus and Ajax.
(c) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(d) Menelaus and Antilochos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
2. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
3. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
4. What does Athena do to Achilles?
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
2. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
3. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
4. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
5. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
6. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
7. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
8. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
9. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
10. What arguments develop upon Patroclus' death?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)