|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(b) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(c) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(d) To return him home when he is done fighting.
2. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
3. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
4. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(c) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(d) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
5. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
(a) That it is not his fate to kill Hector.
(b) That it is not his fate to destroy Paris.
(c) That it is not his fate to take the city of Troy.
(d) That it is not his fate to die this day.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
2. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
3. Who does Poseidon appear to?
4. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
5. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
2. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
3. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
4. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
5. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
6. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
7. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
8. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
9. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
10. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)