|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Apollo gave it to him.
(b) Zeus gave it to him.
(c) The gods gave it to him.
(d) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
2. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
3. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(d) Nestor .
4. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
5. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Nine days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
2. Who saves Hector from being killed?
3. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
4. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
5. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
2. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
3. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
4. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
5. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
6. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
7. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
8. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
9. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
10. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)