|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A spear.
(b) A large stone.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A sword.
2. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
3. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
4. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
5. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
(b) Focus on the war.
(c) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
(d) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
2. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
3. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
4. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
5. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
2. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
3. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
4. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
5. What arguments develop upon Patroclus' death?
6. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
7. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
8. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
9. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
10. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)