|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
2. Who is the fire god?
3. Who kills Hector?
4. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
(a) A mortal man, Klaudius.
(b) A mortal man, Hector.
(c) A mortal man, Agenor.
(d) A mortal man, Demedious.
5. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
2. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
3. Who saves Hector from being killed?
4. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
5. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
2. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
3. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
4. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
5. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
6. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
7. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
8. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
9. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
10. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)