|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Hector from being killed?
2. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
3. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
4. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
5. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(b) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(c) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(d) To return him home when he is done fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
2. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
3. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
4. Hera injures what god?
5. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
2. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
3. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
4. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
5. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
6. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
7. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
8. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
9. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
10. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)