|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
2. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) The prophecy his mother told him.
(b) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(c) He does not want to die.
(d) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
3. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They may not interfere in the battle.
(b) They can interfere any way they want.
(c) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
(d) They must remember to not disobey him.
4. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
(b) He has other places to be concerned about.
(c) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
(d) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
5. Who kills Hector?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
2. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
3. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
4. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
5. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
2. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
3. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
4. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
5. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
6. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
7. What arguments develop upon Patroclus' death?
8. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
9. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
10. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)