|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the spear throwing event in the Funeral Games?
2. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They can interfere any way they want.
(b) They may not interfere in the battle.
(c) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
(d) They must remember to not disobey him.
3. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(b) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(c) Hector killing Patroclus.
(d) Paris killing Patroclus.
4. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
5. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
2. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
3. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
5. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Patroclus killed?
2. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
3. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
4. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
5. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
6. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
7. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
8. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
9. Why is Achilles' mother sad when she speaks to Achilles after Patroclus' death?
10. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)