|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His armor.
(c) His helmet.
(d) His crown.
2. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
(a) Fight Achilles with swords.
(b) Fight Achilles in battle.
(c) Fight Achilles alone.
(d) Fight Achilles on a hillside.
3. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
(c) Hector .
(d) King Priam.
4. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
(b) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
(c) Focus on the war.
(d) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
5. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
2. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
3. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
4. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
5. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
2. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
3. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
4. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
5. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
6. How is Patroclus killed?
7. What is the difference between the actions of the gods who support the Greeks and the gods who support the Trojans in Book 20?
8. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
9. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
10. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)