|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
2. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
(a) Fight Achilles in battle.
(b) Fight Achilles with swords.
(c) Fight Achilles on a hillside.
(d) Fight Achilles alone.
3. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
4. How many events are there in the funeral games?
5. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They can interfere any way they want.
(b) They may not interfere in the battle.
(c) They must remember to not disobey him.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
2. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
3. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
4. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
5. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
2. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
3. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
4. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
5. After Patroclus' death, what does Zeus do when he sees Patroclus' horses mourning?
6. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
7. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
8. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
9. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
10. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)