|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(c) Nestor .
2. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
(a) Delivers a message from the gods.
(b) Wakes him up to get him to return home.
(c) Delievers a message from the gods in his dreams.
(d) Wakes him up to prevent his death.
3. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
4. Who wins the spear throwing event in the Funeral Games?
5. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
Short Answer Questions
1. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
2. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
3. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
4. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
5. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus allow the gods back into the battle?
2. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
3. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
4. Why does Zeus let his attention drift from the battlefield?
5. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
6. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
7. What arguments develop upon Patroclus' death?
8. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
9. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
10. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)