|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
2. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
3. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Sink them.
(b) Send them out to sea.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Set fire to them.
4. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
5. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(b) Weeping over his death.
(c) Running away from the battle.
(d) Getting killed by the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
2. Hera injures what god?
3. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
4. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
5. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
2. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
3. What is Agamemnon's state of mind in Book 14, and what is his suggestion?
4. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
5. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
6. How is Patroclus killed?
7. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
8. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
9. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
10. What god does Achilles make angry in Book 21, and what does the god do in retaliation?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)