|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles has no armor.
(b) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(c) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(d) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
2. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
3. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
4. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
5. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on the war.
(b) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
(c) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
(d) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
2. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
3. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
4. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
5. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does pride contribute to Hector's death?
2. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
3. What are the gods doing in Book 21 while the mortals are fighting a battle?
4. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
5. After Patroclus' death, why is Achilles feeling guilty?
6. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
7. Who blames the gods for the events that have taken place so far in Book 19?
8. What is the goal of Zeus' plan, as he tells it to Hera?
9. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
10. What gift does Achilles' mother bring him before he goes to fight?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)