|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Athena do to help the Greek spies after they steal from the Thracian camp?
(a) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't killed.
(b) Nothing, she is forbidden to do anything by Zeuss
(c) Gives the two men a warning that they should leave the fighting so they aren't killed.
(d) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't captured.
2. Who decides the violence should end?
(b) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Ares.
3. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(b) Fight when the time comes.
(c) Fight only for himself.
(d) Not fight for the Greeks.
4. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an ox.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
2. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
3. Agamemnon is confident that what?
4. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
5. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
2. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
3. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
4. What is the interpretation of the eagle and the snake that Hector does not like?
5. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
6. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
7. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
8. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
9. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
10. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)