|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(b) No, he isn't interested.
(c) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
(d) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Helen.
(b) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(c) She borrows horses from Ares.
(d) She borrows horses from Zeus.
3. What does Athena do to help the Greek spies after they steal from the Thracian camp?
(a) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't killed.
(b) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't captured.
(c) Nothing, she is forbidden to do anything by Zeuss
(d) Gives the two men a warning that they should leave the fighting so they aren't killed.
4. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
5. Who is Achilles' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
2. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
3. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
4. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
5. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
2. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
3. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
4. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
5. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
6. What is Athena's warning to Diomedes in Book 5?
7. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
8. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
9. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
10. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)