|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(b) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(c) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(d) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(b) She borrows horses from Ares.
(c) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(d) She borrows horses from Helen.
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Hera and Artemis.
(b) Athena and Hera.
(c) Athena and Artemis.
(d) Athena and Helen.
4. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
(a) The gods left the battle to keep things even.
(b) The gods got annoyed with the mortals.
(c) The gods didn't like all the fighting.
(d) The gods had bigger problems.
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. What is Thetis?
4. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
5. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
2. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
3. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
4. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
5. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
6. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
7. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
8. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
9. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
10. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)