|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an ox.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
2. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(b) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(c) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
(d) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
3. Which goddess hates Troy?
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(d) The gods.
5. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Athena and Artemis.
(b) Athena and Hera.
(c) Athena and Helen.
(d) Hera and Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Hector's son?
2. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
3. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
5. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
2. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
3. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
4. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
5. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
6. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
7. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
8. How is Patroclus killed?
9. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
10. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)