|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A family retainer.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Ares.
(b) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(c) She borrows horses from Helen.
(d) She borrows horses from Zeus.
3. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
4. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Ageneneis.
(b) King Priam.
(c) King Pyliam.
(d) King Agamemnon.
5. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
(a) The gods had bigger problems.
(b) The gods got annoyed with the mortals.
(c) The gods didn't like all the fighting.
(d) The gods left the battle to keep things even.
Short Answer Questions
1. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
2. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
2. In Book 15, while the gods are being informed of Zeus' plan, what are the Trojans and the Greeks doing?
3. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
4. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
5. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
6. What does Achilles refuse to do until he has properly buried Patroclus?
7. Dione gives some advice to Aphrodite in Book 5. What is that advice?
8. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
9. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
10. When Hector returns to the fighting after being advised by Poulydamas, what does Ajax say and what sign does Hector dismiss?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)