|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to talk to the gods.
(b) Not to interfere with the gods.
(c) Not to do battle with the immortals.
(d) Not to anger the gods.
2. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The tenth year.
(b) The eleventh year.
(c) The first year.
(d) The fifth year.
3. Which goddess hates Troy?
4. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The noise of his armor.
(b) The sounds of battle.
(c) His sword.
(d) The plume on his helmet.
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
2. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
3. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
5. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
2. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
3. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
4. What is Thersites speaking about in Book 2?
5. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
6. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
7. What is Athena's warning to Diomedes in Book 5?
8. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
9. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
10. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)