|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(d) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
2. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
3. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
(b) Bringing glory to their king.
(c) Reclaiming Helen.
(d) Conquering Troy.
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war by trading kings.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(d) Ending the war.
5. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their cities.
(b) Their camp.
(c) Their fort.
(d) Their ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
2. Who is Achilles' mother?
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
5. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
2. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
3. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
4. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
5. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
6. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
7. What is Thersites speaking about in Book 2?
8. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
9. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
10. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)