|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Stab her.
(c) Spear her.
(d) Warn her away.
4. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(a) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
5. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(b) She tells him jokes.
(c) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(d) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
2. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
3. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
2. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
3. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
4. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
5. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
6. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
7. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
8. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
9. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
10. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)