|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading armor.
(b) By praying together to the gods.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By trading horses.
2. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
3. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
4. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
(a) A place among the gods.
(b) A place among the kings and princes.
(c) Great glory.
(d) Great honor.
5. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(c) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(d) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
2. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
3. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
4. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
5. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
2. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
3. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
4. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
5. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
6. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
7. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
8. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
9. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
10. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)