|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
2. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
3. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
4. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(c) From helping the mortals on either side.
(d) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
5. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
(a) Olysis and Banalis.
(b) Charmis and Braeisis.
(c) Chryseis and Briseis.
(d) Atheanna and Kristianna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
2. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
3. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
4. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
5. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
2. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
3. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
4. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
6. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
7. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
8. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
9. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
10. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)