|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
2. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(d) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
3. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When Hector leads them.
(b) When they see the eagle.
(c) When the wall collapses.
(d) When their horses break it down.
4. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Stab her.
(c) Spear her.
(d) Warn her away.
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
(c) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(d) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
2. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
4. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
5. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
2. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
3. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
4. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
5. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
6. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
7. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
8. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
9. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
10. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)