|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
2. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
3. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(b) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(a) The Greeks.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
2. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
3. Who is Zeus' wife?
4. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
2. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
3. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
4. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
5. Dione gives some advice to Aphrodite in Book 5. What is that advice?
6. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
7. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
8. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
9. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
10. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)