|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
(a) A desire to get Helen back.
(b) Humility towards the gods.
(c) Humility over his army's losses.
(d) A desire to win.
2. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war by trading kings.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(d) Ending the war.
3. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their ships.
(b) Their cities.
(c) Their camp.
(d) Their fort.
5. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She wants him to take over for Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
2. What frightens Hector's son?
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
2. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
3. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
4. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
5. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
6. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
7. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
8. What is Athena's warning to Diomedes in Book 5?
9. What is Thersites speaking about in Book 2?
10. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)