|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(b) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(c) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(d) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
2. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(c) They are arguing who won the war.
(d) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
3. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) Helen and Hector.
(b) His mother.
5. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
2. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
3. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
4. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
2. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
3. What is the interpretation of the eagle and the snake that Hector does not like?
4. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
5. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
6. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
7. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
8. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
9. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
10. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)