|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
2. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(b) A mortal.
3. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When their horses break it down.
(b) When the wall collapses.
(c) When Hector leads them.
(d) When they see the eagle.
4. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
5. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
(b) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(c) Diomedes and Odysseus.
(d) Odysseus and Menelaus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
3. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
4. What is Thetis?
5. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
2. What is the interpretation of the eagle and the snake that Hector does not like?
3. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
4. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
5. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
6. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
7. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
8. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
9. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
10. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)