|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(b) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(c) She tells him jokes.
(d) She makes fun of the men fighting.
3. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
4. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(b) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(c) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(d) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
5. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(d) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
3. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
4. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
5. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
2. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
3. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
4. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
5. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
6. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
7. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
8. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
9. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
10. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)