|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
2. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
3. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
4. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
5. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
(b) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(c) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(d) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. Who kills Adrestos?
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
5. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
2. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
3. What is Thersites speaking about in Book 2?
4. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
5. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
6. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
7. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
8. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
9. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
10. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)