|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In the stables with Helen.
(c) In his chambers with Helen.
(d) In the dining room with Helen.
2. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
3. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
4. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
5. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When their horses break it down.
(b) When they see the eagle.
(c) When Hector leads them.
(d) When the wall collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
4. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
5. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
2. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
3. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
4. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
5. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
6. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
7. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
8. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
9. After Achilles tells his sorrows to his mother, what does his mother do?
10. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)