|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(b) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(c) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(d) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
2. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A red snake.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A deer.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
(a) Find the Thacrian camp and take prisoners to get more information
(b) Go back to their camp and make a plan
(c) Find the Thacrian camp and kill everyone they can
(d) Go back to their camp and do nothing
4. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
(a) A wall on the beach.
(b) A fort on the beach.
(c) A fleet of ships.
(d) A wall in the ocean.
5. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(b) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(c) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(d) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess hates Troy?
2. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
3. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
4. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
5. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
2. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
3. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
4. What does Thetis tell Achilles when she is sent with a message from the gods?
5. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
6. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
7. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
8. What causes Achilles' new understanding of suffering in Book 24?
9. After Achilles tells his sorrows to his mother, what does his mother do?
10. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)