|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
(a) For the Greeks to reclaim Helen.
(b) For any Greek warrior to steal Helen from him.
(c) For any Greek warrior to kill him with an arrow.
(d) For any Greek warrior to fight him in man-to-man combat.
2. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
3. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
4. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Reclaiming Helen.
(b) Bringing glory to their king.
(c) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
(d) Conquering Troy.
5. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
2. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
3. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
4. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
5. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
2. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
3. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
4. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
5. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
6. What is the interpretation of the eagle and the snake that Hector does not like?
7. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
8. After Achilles tells his sorrows to his mother, what does his mother do?
9. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
10. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)