|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
2. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
3. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(c) A mortal.
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By praying together to the gods.
(b) By trading swords.
(c) By trading armor.
(d) By trading horses.
5. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) She got bored.
(b) Her favorite warrior died.
(c) Pandaros did not favor her.
(d) Diomedes wounded her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
2. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
3. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
4. What is listed in Book 2?
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
2. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
3. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
4. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
5. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
6. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
7. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
8. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
9. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
10. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)