|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(b) No, he isn't interested.
(c) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(d) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A Trojan man.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A goddess.
4. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
5. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
2. Which goddess hates Troy?
3. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
4. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
5. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
2. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
3. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
4. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
5. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
6. How does Hector shame Paris into fighting the duel?
7. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
8. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
9. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
10. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)