|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(b) Fight when the time comes.
(c) Fight only for himself.
(d) Not fight for the Greeks.
2. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
(b) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(c) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(d) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
3. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When Hector leads them.
(b) When they see the eagle.
(c) When their horses break it down.
(d) When the wall collapses.
4. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
5. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(b) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(c) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(d) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
4. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
5. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
2. What forces Hector to withdraw from the battle?
3. What kind of goddess is Aphrodite? Please support your answer with examples.
4. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
5. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
6. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
7. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
8. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
9. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
10. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)