|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(c) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(d) To give the Greeks gifts.
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
4. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The palace.
5. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess hates Troy?
2. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
3. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
4. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
5. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
2. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
3. Dione gives some advice to Aphrodite in Book 5. What is that advice?
4. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
5. Who is the first god to disobey Zeus and what does that god do?
6. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
7. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
8. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
9. What is Thersites speaking about in Book 2?
10. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)