|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a deer.
(b) An eagle carrying an ox.
(c) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
2. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. What does Athena do to help the Greek spies after they steal from the Thracian camp?
(a) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't captured.
(b) Nothing, she is forbidden to do anything by Zeuss
(c) Gives a warning to the two men to leave the Thacrian camp so they aren't killed.
(d) Gives the two men a warning that they should leave the fighting so they aren't killed.
4. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
5. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are on the same side.
(b) They realize they are relatives.
(c) The gods interfere.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
2. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
3. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
4. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
5. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
2. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
3. After Achilles tells his sorrows to his mother, what does his mother do?
4. How do the Trojans successfully attack the wall the Greeks have built?
5. What do Odysseus and Diomedes do with the information they gain from the Trojan spy?
6. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
7. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
8. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
9. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
10. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)