|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The fifth year.
(b) The first year.
(c) The tenth year.
(d) The eleventh year.
2. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
3. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
4. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the dining room with Helen.
(b) In the gardens with Helen.
(c) In the stables with Helen.
(d) In his chambers with Helen.
5. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That Zeus is on his side.
(b) The gods are on his side.
(c) That the Greeks will win.
(d) That his army is superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
2. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
3. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
4. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
5. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
2. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
3. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
4. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
5. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
6. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
7. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
8. What is Athena's warning to Diomedes in Book 5?
9. After the Trojans retreat to the city, why does Hector ask for sacrifices to the gods?
10. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)