|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Ares.
2. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
3. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
4. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Chest and neck.
(c) Head and chest.
(d) Neck and stomach.
5. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A family retainer.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A friend.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
2. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
4. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
5. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Achilles' two possible destinies according to his mother?
2. At the beginning of Book 1, what are we told the story will be about?
3. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
4. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
5. Dione gives some advice to Aphrodite in Book 5. What is that advice?
6. Why is there a listing of soldiers and ships at the end of Book 2?
7. As the Trojans set fire to more Greek ships, what does Achilles do to help Patroclus and the Greeks?
8. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
9. What does Hector tell Achilles with his last words?
10. What activities follow the burial of Patroclus?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)