|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their camp.
(b) Their cities.
(c) Their fort.
(d) Their ships.
2. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Ageneneis.
(b) King Agamemnon.
(c) King Pyliam.
(d) King Priam.
3. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(b) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
(c) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(d) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) Helen and Hector.
(c) His mother.
5. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(d) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
2. Who is Achilles' mother?
3. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
4. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
5. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
2. What are the origins of Achilles' anger?
3. Why does Zeus want in return for Hera's interfering in the war?
4. In Book 6, what is an example of the mercilessness of the Greeks?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
6. At the end of Book 5, the gods withdraw from the fight. Why?
7. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
8. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
9. How are Hector and his wife different from Helen and Paris?
10. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)