|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(b) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(c) She tells him jokes.
(d) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
2. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The palace.
(d) The town square.
3. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The noise of his armor.
(b) The sounds of battle.
(c) His sword.
(d) The plume on his helmet.
4. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
5. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Ageneneis.
(b) King Pyliam.
(c) King Agamemnon.
(d) King Priam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
2. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
3. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
4. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
5. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
2. Who does Nestor blame for the Greek's current state of affairs, and what is his suggestion?
3. What does Athena's interference in the truce between the Trojans and the Greeks cause?
4. In Book 3, why is Paris considered a coward?
5. In Book 2, what do the Greek forces do to get help from the gods?
6. In the beginning of Book 10, what happens when the Trojan and Greek spies meet?
7. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
8. Where does Achilles sit in sorrow, and what happens as a result?
9. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
10. In Book 2, was Zeus' plan for Agamemnon successful?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)