|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
2. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
3. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A red snake.
(b) A deer.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A rabbit.
4. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) Diomedes wounded her.
(b) Pandaros did not favor her.
(c) Her favorite warrior died.
(d) She got bored.
5. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Hera and Artemis.
(b) Athena and Artemis.
(c) Athena and Hera.
(d) Athena and Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
2. What is Thetis?
3. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
4. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
5. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 7, who decides the fighting should end and how do they plan that end?
2. Is Paris a weak character? Please support your answer with examples from the book.
3. What is the difference between the stance of the gods and the stance of the Trojan and Greek armies in Book 4?
4. On his way back to the ships, what demonstrates that Patroclus has a kind heart?
5. What do Hera and Athena promise Zeus, when Zeus notices their preparations for intervention in the war?
6. In Book 11, what happens while Achilles watches the battle from his ship?
7. In Book 3, what is one emotion that Helen might be feeling, and why?
8. How does Paris' selfishness manifest itself in Book 7?
9. How do Diomedes and Glaukos end up friends?
10. What is the state of mind of Agamemnon in Book 4?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)