|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(b) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(c) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(d) For the Greeks' success and safety.
2. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(b) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
(c) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(d) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
3. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Asks him to keep interfering.
(b) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(d) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
4. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Scaean gates.
(b) The Olympian gates.
(c) The west gates.
(d) The Athenian gates.
5. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
6. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father .
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
7. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(c) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
8. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(b) Her to bring back fighters.
(c) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(d) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
9. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(b) The prophecy his mother told him.
(c) He does not want to die.
(d) The prophecy Kalchas made.
10. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They can interfere any way they want.
(b) They must remember to not disobey him.
(c) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
(d) They may not interfere in the battle.
11. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On not losing the war.
(b) On recoving Helen.
(c) On killing the Trojans.
(d) On winning the war.
12. Who saves Hector from being killed?
13. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
(a) Because Hector prays to Poseidon.
(b) Because Hector is his grandson.
(c) Because Amphimachos is killed by Hector.
(d) Because Poseidon doesn't like Zeus.
14. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
15. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Ajax carry?
2. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
3. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
4. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
5. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)