|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
2. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Rose immortal oil.
(b) Poppy immortal oil.
(c) Olive immortal oil.
(d) Lavender immortal oil.
3. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(b) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(c) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(d) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
5. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Scaean gates.
(b) The west gates.
(c) The Athenian gates.
(d) The Olympian gates.
6. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
7. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His armor.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His crown.
(d) His helmet.
8. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
(a) That it is not his fate to die this day.
(b) That it is not his fate to take the city of Troy.
(c) That it is not his fate to kill Hector.
(d) That it is not his fate to destroy Paris.
9. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(b) Her to bring back fighters.
(c) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(d) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
10. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
11. Who does Poseidon appear to?
(b) The two Ajaxes.
(d) The Trojans.
12. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
13. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
14. How many events are there in the funeral games?
15. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
(a) His favorite bow and arrows.
(b) His favorite spear.
(c) His armor.
(d) His favorite sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
2. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
3. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
4. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
5. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)