|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
2. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
(a) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(b) Menelaus and Ajax.
(c) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
(d) Menelaus and Antilochos.
3. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(d) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
5. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) The horses die.
(c) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(d) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
6. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Send them out to sea.
(b) Sink them.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Set fire to them.
7. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
8. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
9. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
(a) The death of Hector.
(b) The gods.
(c) The ability to rescue Helen.
(d) The success of other men.
10. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(c) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(d) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
11. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(b) That it be taken back to Troy.
(c) That it be delivered to his brother.
(d) That it be given to Paris.
12. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
13. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
(a) Delivers a message from the gods.
(b) Delievers a message from the gods in his dreams.
(c) Wakes him up to prevent his death.
(d) Wakes him up to get him to return home.
14. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
15. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
(b) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(c) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(d) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
2. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
3. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
4. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
5. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)