Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(b) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
(c) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
(d) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On recoving Helen.
(b) On killing the Trojans.
(c) On not losing the war.
(d) On winning the war.
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His friends.
(d) His father .
4. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(d) For Patroclus' success and safety.
5. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(a) Nestor .
6. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
(a) Lycaon, son of King Agamemnon.
(b) Lycaon, son of King Priam.
(c) Lycaon, son of Zeus.
(d) Lycaon, son of King Troy.
7. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be taken back to Troy.
(b) That it be delivered to his brother.
(c) That it be given to Paris.
(d) That it be delivered to King Priam.
8. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
9. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
10. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
11. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(b) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(c) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(d) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
12. Who does Poseidon appear to?
(a) The two Ajaxes.
(d) The Trojans.
13. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
(a) Protection from burning.
(b) Protection from the effects of the sun.
(c) Protection from insects.
(d) Protection from decay.
14. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Nine days.
15. How many events are there in the funeral games?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hera injures what god?
2. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
3. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
4. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
5. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)