|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Weeping over his death.
(b) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(c) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(d) Running away from the battle.
2. Who kills Hector?
3. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(b) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(c) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(d) To run over any Trojans in his way.
4. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Nine days.
5. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Zeus gave it to him.
(b) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(c) Apollo gave it to him.
(d) The gods gave it to him.
6. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
7. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
8. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
9. Hera injures what god?
10. Who wins the spear throwing event in the Funeral Games?
11. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
12. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
13. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(b) That it be given to Paris.
(c) That it be delivered to his brother.
(d) That it be taken back to Troy.
14. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They must remember to not disobey him.
(b) They may not interfere in the battle.
(c) They can interfere any way they want.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
15. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His brother.
(b) His friends.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father .
Short Answer Questions
1. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
2. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
3. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
4. What weapon does Ajax carry?
5. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)