|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(b) Nestor .
2. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
(a) A mortal man, Demedious.
(b) A mortal man, Agenor.
(c) A mortal man, Hector.
(d) A mortal man, Klaudius.
3. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
4. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
(b) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
(c) Focus on the war.
(d) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
5. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
6. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(c) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(d) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
7. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
8. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To return him to the Greeks.
(b) To keep him safe this time.
(c) To fight with strength.
(d) To always stand by his side.
9. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(b) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(c) The prophecy his mother told him.
(d) He does not want to die.
10. Hera injures what god?
11. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A sword.
(c) A spear.
(d) A large stone.
12. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A long spear.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A large stone.
(d) A long sword.
13. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
14. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
15. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles has no armor.
(b) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(c) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(d) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
2. Who does Poseidon appear to?
3. Who saves Hector from being killed?
4. How many events are there in the funeral games?
5. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)