|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Eleven days.
2. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
3. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
4. Hera injures what god?
5. Who does Poseidon appear to?
(a) The Trojans.
(d) The two Ajaxes.
6. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Zeus gave it to him.
(b) The gods gave it to him.
(c) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(d) Apollo gave it to him.
7. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
8. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Set fire to them.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Send them out to sea.
(d) Sink them.
9. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
10. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back fighters.
(b) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(c) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(d) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
11. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Lavender immortal oil.
(b) Rose immortal oil.
(c) Poppy immortal oil.
(d) Olive immortal oil.
12. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
13. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
14. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
15. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
(a) Delievers a message from the gods in his dreams.
(b) Wakes him up to get him to return home.
(c) Delivers a message from the gods.
(d) Wakes him up to prevent his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
2. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
3. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
4. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
5. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)