|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They must remember to not disobey him.
(b) They may not interfere in the battle.
(c) They can interfere any way they want.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
2. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
3. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) The gods gave it to him.
(b) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(c) Apollo gave it to him.
(d) Zeus gave it to him.
4. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A large stone.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A spear.
(d) A sword.
5. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Destroy them.
(b) Set fire to them.
(c) Send them out to sea.
(d) Sink them.
6. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
7. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(b) Because Achilles has no armor.
(c) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(d) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
8. Hera injures what god?
9. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
10. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
11. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
(b) Focus on the war.
(c) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
(d) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
12. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(c) The horses die.
(d) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
13. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector killing Patroclus.
(b) Paris killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
14. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Wear his new armor into battle.
(d) Make up with Agamemnon.
15. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
2. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
3. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
4. How many events are there in the funeral games?
5. What weapon does Ajax carry?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)