|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be delivered to his brother.
(b) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(c) That it be taken back to Troy.
(d) That it be given to Paris.
2. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Running away from the battle.
(b) Weeping over his death.
(c) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(d) Getting killed by the Trojans.
3. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On not losing the war.
(b) On winning the war.
(c) On killing the Trojans.
(d) On recoving Helen.
4. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
(a) His favorite spear.
(b) His armor.
(c) His favorite bow and arrows.
(d) His favorite sword.
5. How many events are there in the funeral games?
6. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
7. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) The prophecy his mother told him.
(d) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
8. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Rose immortal oil.
(b) Olive immortal oil.
(c) Poppy immortal oil.
(d) Lavender immortal oil.
9. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
(a) Lycaon, son of King Agamemnon.
(b) Lycaon, son of King Priam.
(c) Lycaon, son of King Troy.
(d) Lycaon, son of Zeus.
10. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
11. Who saves Hector from being killed?
12. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His armor.
(c) His crown.
(d) His helmet.
13. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Nine days.
14. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They may not interfere in the battle.
(b) They can interfere any way they want.
(c) They must remember to not disobey him.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
15. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
2. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
3. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
4. What does Athena do to Achilles?
5. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)