|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Zeus gave it to him.
(b) The gods gave it to him.
(c) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(d) Apollo gave it to him.
2. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(b) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
(c) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(d) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
3. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
4. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Poppy immortal oil.
(b) Lavender immortal oil.
(c) Olive immortal oil.
(d) Rose immortal oil.
5. How many events are there in the funeral games?
6. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
(b) He has other places to be concerned about.
(c) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
(d) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
7. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(b) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(c) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(d) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
8. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
9. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A sword.
(b) A large stone.
(c) A spear.
(d) An arrow.
10. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The west gates.
(b) The Olympian gates.
(c) The Scaean gates.
(d) The Athenian gates.
11. Who saves Hector from being killed?
12. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(c) Asks him to keep interfering.
(d) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
13. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
(a) Focus on preventing more Greek ships from dying.
(b) Focus on pushing the battle to Troy.
(c) Focus on saving the Greek forces.
(d) Focus on the war.
14. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be taken back to Troy.
(b) That it be delivered to his brother.
(c) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(d) That it be given to Paris.
15. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(c) Paris killing Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Hector?
2. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
3. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
4. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
5. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)