|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
2. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
3. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
4. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
5. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(b) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(c) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(d) For the Greeks' success and safety.
6. Hera injures what god?
7. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
(c) Ajax the Greater.
(d) Ajax the Lesser.
8. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They can interfere any way they want.
(b) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
(c) They may not interfere in the battle.
(d) They must remember to not disobey him.
9. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
10. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
11. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
12. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Make up with Agamemnon.
(b) Wear his new armor into battle.
(c) Fight hard with strength.
(d) Pray to the gods for help.
13. How many events are there in the funeral games?
14. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
15. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Sink them.
(b) Set fire to them.
(c) Send them out to sea.
(d) Destroy them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
2. What weapon does Ajax carry?
3. Who saves Hector from being killed?
4. What does Athena do to Achilles?
5. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)