|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Hector killing Patroclus.
2. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A sword.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A large stone.
(d) A spear.
3. Who kills Hector?
4. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Make up with Agamemnon.
(b) Wear his new armor into battle.
(c) Pray to the gods for help.
(d) Fight hard with strength.
5. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
6. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(b) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(c) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(d) Because Achilles has no armor.
7. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(b) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(c) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(d) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
8. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On winning the war.
(b) On not losing the war.
(c) On recoving Helen.
(d) On killing the Trojans.
9. Who is the fire god?
10. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
(a) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(b) Menelaus and Antilochos.
(c) Menelaus and Ajax.
(d) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
11. What does Hermes do in the night to King Priam while he is in the Greek camp to ransom Hector's body?
(a) Delievers a message from the gods in his dreams.
(b) Wakes him up to prevent his death.
(c) Delivers a message from the gods.
(d) Wakes him up to get him to return home.
12. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
13. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
14. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A long sword.
(b) A long spear.
(c) A large stone.
(d) A bow and arrow.
15. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Nine days.
(d) Twelve days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
2. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
3. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
4. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
5. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)