|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
2. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
3. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Rose immortal oil.
(b) Poppy immortal oil.
(c) Olive immortal oil.
(d) Lavender immortal oil.
4. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
(a) That it be given to Paris.
(b) That it be taken back to Troy.
(c) That it be delivered to King Priam.
(d) That it be delivered to his brother.
5. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
6. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
7. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
(a) Protection from burning.
(b) Protection from the effects of the sun.
(c) Protection from insects.
(d) Protection from decay.
8. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(b) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(c) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(d) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
9. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
10. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(b) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(c) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(d) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
11. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To return him to the Greeks.
(b) To keep him safe this time.
(c) To fight with strength.
(d) To always stand by his side.
12. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles has no armor.
(b) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(c) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(d) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
13. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
(c) Ajax the Greater.
(d) Ajax the Lesser.
14. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(c) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(d) The horses die.
15. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The west gates.
(b) The Athenian gates.
(c) The Scaean gates.
(d) The Olympian gates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
2. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
3. Who saves Hector from being killed?
4. What weapon does Ajax carry?
5. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)