|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To fight with strength.
(b) To keep him safe this time.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To always stand by his side.
2. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His father .
(b) His brother.
(c) His friends.
(d) His mother.
3. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(b) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(c) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(d) Asks him to keep interfering.
4. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
5. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
(b) Ajax the Lesser.
(c) Ajax the Greater.
6. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
7. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
8. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They may not interfere in the battle.
(b) They can interfere any way they want.
(c) They must remember to not disobey him.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
9. Who is the fire god?
10. Who kills Hector?
11. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
12. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Athenian gates.
(b) The Scaean gates.
(c) The west gates.
(d) The Olympian gates.
13. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Weeping over his death.
(b) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(c) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(d) Running away from the battle.
14. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
15. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(b) The horses die.
(c) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(d) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
2. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
3. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
4. Hera injures what god?
5. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)