|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
2. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(b) Asks him to keep interfering.
(c) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(d) Puts him into a deep sleep.
3. Who kills Hector?
4. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Nine days.
5. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
6. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
7. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His friends.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father .
(d) His mother.
8. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(b) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(c) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(d) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
9. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(b) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(c) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
10. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
11. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
(b) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(c) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(d) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
12. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
13. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To fight with strength.
(b) To keep him safe this time.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To always stand by his side.
14. How many events are there in the funeral games?
15. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Hector killing Patroclus.
(b) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris killing Patroclus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
2. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
3. What weapon does Ajax carry?
4. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
5. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)