|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
2. Who kills Hector?
3. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
4. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His friends.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father .
5. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(b) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(c) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(d) Because Achilles has no armor.
6. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back fighters.
(b) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(c) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(d) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
7. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
(a) The ability to rescue Helen.
(b) The gods.
(c) The success of other men.
(d) The death of Hector.
8. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(b) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(c) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(d) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
9. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) The prophecy his mother told him.
(d) The prophecy Kalchas made.
10. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Wear his new armor into battle.
(d) Make up with Agamemnon.
11. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(b) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(c) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
12. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
13. Who is the fire god?
14. How many events are there in the funeral games?
15. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Nine days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
2. What does Hector beg to have happen with his body?
3. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
4. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
5. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)