|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
2. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
3. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(b) Apollo gave it to him.
(c) The gods gave it to him.
(d) Zeus gave it to him.
4. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(b) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(c) Weeping over his death.
(d) Running away from the battle.
5. Who kills Hector?
6. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
(a) Because Poseidon doesn't like Zeus.
(b) Because Amphimachos is killed by Hector.
(c) Because Hector is his grandson.
(d) Because Hector prays to Poseidon.
7. Who saves Hector from being killed?
8. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
9. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
(a) Lycaon, son of King Troy.
(b) Lycaon, son of King Priam.
(c) Lycaon, son of Zeus.
(d) Lycaon, son of King Agamemnon.
10. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A spear.
(b) A large stone.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A sword.
11. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
12. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
13. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
14. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
15. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
(c) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
2. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
3. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
4. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
5. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)