|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
(a) The success of other men.
(b) The gods.
(c) The death of Hector.
(d) The ability to rescue Helen.
2. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(b) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(c) Her to bring back fighters.
(d) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
3. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(b) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(c) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
(d) Enter the fighting to end the war.
4. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
5. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His helmet.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His crown.
(d) His armor.
6. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(b) Nestor .
7. Who is the fire god?
8. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
9. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
(a) Rose immortal oil.
(b) Olive immortal oil.
(c) Lavender immortal oil.
(d) Poppy immortal oil.
10. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
(c) Ajax the Lesser.
(d) Ajax the Greater.
11. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
12. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Apollo gave it to him.
(b) The gods gave it to him.
(c) Zeus gave it to him.
(d) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
13. Who kills Hector?
14. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
15. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
2. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
3. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
4. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
5. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)