|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(b) Running away from the battle.
(c) Weeping over his death.
(d) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
2. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
3. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
4. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
(a) Protection from the effects of the sun.
(b) Protection from burning.
(c) Protection from decay.
(d) Protection from insects.
5. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
6. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
7. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Wear his new armor into battle.
(d) Make up with Agamemnon.
8. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(b) Asks him to keep interfering.
(c) Puts him into a deep sleep.
9. Patroclus leaves Eurypylos to go to whom?
10. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
(a) That it is not his fate to die this day.
(b) That it is not his fate to destroy Paris.
(c) That it is not his fate to kill Hector.
(d) That it is not his fate to take the city of Troy.
11. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
12. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
(a) Fight Achilles alone.
(b) Fight Achilles with swords.
(c) Fight Achilles on a hillside.
(d) Fight Achilles in battle.
13. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Set fire to them.
(b) Destroy them.
(c) Send them out to sea.
(d) Sink them.
14. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Ten days.
15. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
2. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
3. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
4. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
5. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)