|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
(a) Hector .
(b) King Priam.
2. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
(a) Destroy them.
(b) Set fire to them.
(c) Sink them.
(d) Send them out to sea.
3. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
(a) Menelaus and Antilochos.
(b) Menelaus and Ajax.
(c) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(d) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
4. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
(b) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(c) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
(d) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
5. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
(a) Protection from insects.
(b) Protection from the effects of the sun.
(c) Protection from decay.
(d) Protection from burning.
6. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
7. Who does Apollo disguise himself as in order to delay Achilles from fighting Hector?
(a) Lycaon, son of King Agamemnon.
(b) Lycaon, son of Zeus.
(c) Lycaon, son of King Troy.
(d) Lycaon, son of King Priam.
8. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
9. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
10. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
11. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(b) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(c) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(d) To run over any Trojans in his way.
12. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(b) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(c) Asks him to keep interfering.
(d) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
13. Who saves Hector from being killed?
14. What does Athena do to Achilles?
(a) Makes him more visible with a bright star over his head.
(b) Makes him more visible by shining the sun on him.
(c) Makes him more visible with a shining sun over his head.
(d) Makes him more visible with a cloud of fire over his head.
15. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A spear.
(b) A sword.
(c) A large stone.
(d) An arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
2. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
3. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
4. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
5. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)