|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
2. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
(c) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(d) The horses die.
3. After Hector has died, and is being dragged behind Achilles' chariot, who utters a lament for Hector?
4. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) He has other places to be concerned about.
(b) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
(c) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
(d) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
5. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
6. Who kills Hector?
7. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
8. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
(b) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(c) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(d) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
9. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(b) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
(c) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(d) To return him home when he is done fighting.
10. Who does Poseidon disguise himself as when he appears to the Greeks after Zeus has taken his eyes off the battlefield?
11. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
(a) Because Poseidon doesn't like Zeus.
(b) Because Hector prays to Poseidon.
(c) Because Hector is his grandson.
(d) Because Amphimachos is killed by Hector.
12. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Weeping over his death.
(b) Running away from the battle.
(c) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(d) Getting killed by the Trojans.
13. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
(b) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(c) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(d) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
14. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Fight hard with strength.
(b) Wear his new armor into battle.
(c) Make up with Agamemnon.
(d) Pray to the gods for help.
15. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Trojans do to the Greek ships after Hector has had strength breathed into him by a god?
2. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
3. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
4. Who is sent as a messenger to tell Achilles the gods are angry with him for the continued humiliation of Hector's body?
5. How many events are there in the funeral games?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)