|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goddess gives the horses a voice?
2. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
3. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
4. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(b) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(d) Asks him to keep interfering.
5. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
6. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(b) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(c) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(d) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
7. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
8. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A long spear.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A long sword.
(d) A large stone.
9. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Make up with Agamemnon.
(b) Pray to the gods for help.
(c) Fight hard with strength.
(d) Wear his new armor into battle.
10. After being advised by Poulydamas to concentrate his forces for more strength, Hector is challenged by which Greek man?
(a) Ajax the Lesser.
(d) Ajax the Greater.
11. Why does Apollo make Achilles chase him all over the plain?
(a) To give the Trojans time to make their walls stronger.
(b) To give the Trojans time to collect their dead.
(c) To give the Trojans time to help their women and children flee.
(d) To give the Trojans time to enter the city.
12. What happens to Patroclus' horses?
(a) Menelaus takes them back to the ships with Patroclus' body.
(b) Zeus breathes strength into them so they can return to the ships.
(c) The horses die.
(d) They run back to the ships because they fear the noise of the battle.
13. Why does Poseidon interfere again?
(a) Because Hector is his grandson.
(b) Because Amphimachos is killed by Hector.
(c) Because Poseidon doesn't like Zeus.
(d) Because Hector prays to Poseidon.
14. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
15. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
(a) They must remember to not disobey him.
(b) They may not interfere in the battle.
(c) They can interfere any way they want.
(d) They can interfere only when Achilles is fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
2. Apollo grants what protection to Hector's corpse?
3. Who saves Hector from being killed?
4. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
5. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)