|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On winning the war.
(b) On not losing the war.
(c) On recoving Helen.
(d) On killing the Trojans.
2. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
(a) To return him to the Greeks when he is done fighting.
(b) To return him home when he is done fighting.
(c) To run over any Trojans in his way.
(d) To prevent any Trojans from stopping him.
3. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His crown.
(b) His helmet.
(c) His armor.
(d) His clothing.
4. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Pray to the gods for help.
(b) Wear his new armor into battle.
(c) Make up with Agamemnon.
(d) Fight hard with strength.
5. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To keep him safe this time.
(b) To always stand by his side.
(c) To fight with strength.
(d) To return him to the Greeks.
6. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) He has other places to be concerned about.
(b) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
(c) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
(d) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
7. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(b) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
(c) Her to bring back fighters.
(d) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
8. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His friends.
(b) His father .
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
9. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Apollo gave it to him.
(b) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(c) Zeus gave it to him.
(d) The gods gave it to him.
10. What does Apollo forbid Hector to do when fighting Achilles after Patroclus has died?
(a) Fight Achilles in battle.
(b) Fight Achilles on a hillside.
(c) Fight Achilles alone.
(d) Fight Achilles with swords.
11. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
12. During the fighting that occurs after the Greeks are driven to their ships by the Trojans, what inspires Menelaus to fight valiantly?
(a) The ability to rescue Helen.
(b) The success of other men.
(c) The death of Hector.
(d) The gods.
13. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
(a) King Priam.
(c) Hector .
14. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(b) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
(c) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(d) For the Greeks' success and safety.
15. Who's withdrawal weakens the Trojan army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
2. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
3. How many men does Achilles decide to kill to avenge Patroclus?
4. What do Athena and Poseidon urge Achilles to do after he has angered the river god?
5. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)