|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patroclus wears what that belongs to Achilles?
(a) His crown.
(b) His armor.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His helmet.
2. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(b) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
(c) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
3. Who was sent to the plain to guide King Priam safely through the Greek army?
4. Who is the fire god?
5. Ajax wounds Hector with what?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A sword.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A spear.
6. Who wins the spear throwing event in the Funeral Games?
7. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To always stand by his side.
(b) To fight with strength.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To keep him safe this time.
8. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
9. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
10. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) The gods gave it to him.
(b) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(c) Apollo gave it to him.
(d) Zeus gave it to him.
11. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
12. After Patroclus is sent to the fighting by Achilles, Achilles asks what of Zeus?
(a) For the Greeks' success and safety.
(b) For no more Greek ships to be burned.
(c) For Patroclus' success and safety.
(d) For Patroclus to be unharmed.
13. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
14. Who must breathe strength into Hector?
15. Who kills Hector?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Ajax carry?
2. What does Athena do to Achilles?
3. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
4. What does Zeus tell the divinities on Mount Olympus when he summons them after Achilles returns to the fighting?
5. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)