|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(b) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(c) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
2. Who suggests that Odysseus, Diomedes, and Agamemnon go to the battlefield to be seen and not fight?
(a) Nestor .
3. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To keep him safe this time.
(b) To fight with strength.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To always stand by his side.
4. Who is the first Trojan to see Achilles approach the city gates?
(a) Hector .
(b) King Priam.
5. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Athenian gates.
(b) The west gates.
(c) The Scaean gates.
(d) The Olympian gates.
6. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
7. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A large stone.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A long spear.
(d) A long sword.
8. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
(a) On recoving Helen.
(b) On winning the war.
(c) On not losing the war.
(d) On killing the Trojans.
9. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
10. What does Thetis advise Achilles to do?
(a) Make up with Agamemnon.
(b) Fight hard with strength.
(c) Wear his new armor into battle.
(d) Pray to the gods for help.
11. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
12. How long does Achilles hold the Greek army back so Priam can bury Hector?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Nine days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Ten days.
13. Who does Nestor meet with in order to discuss what to do now that they were wounded and could not fight?
(a) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Achilles.
(b) Achilles, Diomedes, and Agamemnon.
(c) Odysseus, Diomedes, and Achilles.
(d) Agamemnon, Odysseus, and Diomedes.
14. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
15. Why does Zeus take his eyes off the battlefield after the Trojans have driven the Greeks to their ships?
(a) He has other places to be concerned about.
(b) Hera and Athena pursuade him to leave the battle alone.
(c) Because he thinks no one will disobey him.
(d) He is no longer concerned about the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
2. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
3. Who tells the gods about Zeus' plan?
4. Hera injures what god?
5. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)