|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Poseidon appear to?
(a) The two Ajaxes.
(b) The Trojans.
2. What does Achilles' mother ask him to wait for?
(a) Her to bring back a god-made weapon.
(b) Her to bring back fighters.
(c) Her to bring back a set of sea-armor.
(d) Her to bring back a new set of armor.
3. What are Patroclus' horses doing after Patroclus dies while there is a fight over his body?
(a) Standing guard over Patroclus' body
(b) Getting killed by the Trojans.
(c) Running away from the battle.
(d) Weeping over his death.
4. Achilles tells Patroclus that he is not fighting because of what?
(a) The prophecy Kalchas made.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) Agamemnon's actions in the matter of Briseis.
(d) The prophecy his mother told him.
5. What weapon does Ajax carry?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A large stone.
(c) A long sword.
(d) A long spear.
6. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
(b) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(c) Because Achilles has no armor.
(d) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
7. Who kills Hector?
8. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
9. Which two Greeks carry Patroclus's body out of the battlefield and to the ships after Patroclus dies?
(a) Menelaus and Ajax.
(b) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(c) Menelaus and Antilochos.
(d) Menelaus and Agamemnon.
10. Who is Hera's messenger to Achilles?
(d) She goes herself.
11. What does Achilles tell his mother he is going to do in response to Patroclus' death?
(a) Enter the fighting because he should have been there
(b) Avenge Patroclus and kill Hector.
(c) Enter the fighting to end the war.
(d) Avenge Patroclus and kill the Trojans.
12. Achilles kills so many men in the river, that he angers what god?
13. What does Xanthos promise Achilles?
(a) To always stand by his side.
(b) To keep him safe this time.
(c) To return him to the Greeks.
(d) To fight with strength.
14. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Paris wounding Patroclus.
(d) Hector wounding Patroclus.
15. Who does Athena appear to Hector disguised as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
2. After Agamemnon offers gifts in repentance to Achilles, where does Achilles tell Agamemnon their attention should be?
3. After Patroclus has been avenged, who appears to Achilles in a dream to remind him of his fate?
4. What instructions does Achilles give to his horses?
5. Who does Zeus send to Achilles with ambrosia?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)