|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gates of Troy will Paris and Apollo be waiting for Achilles at, according to Hector?
(a) The Scaean gates.
(b) The Athenian gates.
(c) The west gates.
(d) The Olympian gates.
2. Who comes to grieve Patroclus' death with Achilles?
(a) His mother.
(b) His friends.
(c) His father .
(d) His brother.
3. Apollo takes what form on the battlefield?
(a) A mortal man, Hector.
(b) A mortal man, Demedious.
(c) A mortal man, Klaudius.
(d) A mortal man, Agenor.
4. Patroclus tells Hector that Hector gained victory because?
(a) Zeus gave it to him.
(b) Apollo gave it to him.
(c) Zeus and Apollo gave it to him.
(d) The gods gave it to him.
5. How many events are there in the funeral games?
6. Who reminds Achilles that his fate is to die under the Trojan walls?
7. Poseidon appears to whom in order to inspire him to lead his men onto the battlefield, but stay out of range of arrows so as not to be wounded further?
8. Who wins the armor of Achilles?
9. What does Hera do to Poseidon?
(a) Puts him into a deep sleep.
(b) Tells him she is going to tell Zeus of his disobedience.
(c) Asks him to keep interfering.
10. Who alerts the Trojans to King Priam's return?
11. After Apollo intervenes, who confronts Achilles first?
12. Why does Menelaus think Achilles will not come to fight?
(a) Because Achilles has no armor.
(b) Because Achilles is in mourning for Patroclus.
(c) Because Achilles swore not to fight.
(d) Because Achilles doesn't like Agamemnon.
13. What does Zeus hope will make Achilles so angry that he will kill Hector?
(a) Paris killing Patroclus.
(b) Hector killing Patroclus.
(c) Hector wounding Patroclus.
(d) Paris wounding Patroclus.
14. Who does Poseidon appear to?
(b) The two Ajaxes.
(d) The Trojans.
15. Apollo reminds Patroclus of what?
(a) That it is not his fate to destroy Paris.
(b) That it is not his fate to kill Hector.
(c) That it is not his fate to die this day.
(d) That it is not his fate to take the city of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers the news of Patroclus' death to Achilles?
2. Who is sent to King Priam to tell him that he can ransom his son's body?
3. Achilles' mother is the daughter of which god?
4. What does Achilles keep from Patroclus?
5. Aphrodite anoints Hectors corpse with what?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)