|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
2. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
3. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(b) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
4. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) It is destined by the gods.
(c) He needs to be a leader.
(d) He is good at fighting.
5. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(b) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(c) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(d) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
6. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
7. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading armor.
(b) By praying together to the gods.
(c) By trading horses.
(d) By trading swords.
8. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
9. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(b) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
10. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
11. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
12. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Priam.
(b) King Pyliam.
(c) King Agamemnon.
(d) King Ageneneis.
13. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
14. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods whenever he wants.
(b) See the gods during sacrifices.
(c) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(d) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
15. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(b) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(c) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(d) The Creteans and the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
2. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
3. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
4. Agamemnon is confident that what?
5. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)