|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
2. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(c) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
3. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(b) They are arguing who won the war.
(c) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(d) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
4. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
5. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
(a) Go back to their camp and make a plan
(b) Find the Thacrian camp and kill everyone they can
(c) Go back to their camp and do nothing
(d) Find the Thacrian camp and take prisoners to get more information
6. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) His sword.
(b) The noise of his armor.
(c) The sounds of battle.
(d) The plume on his helmet.
7. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(b) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(c) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(d) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
8. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(b) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(c) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(d) The Creteans and the Trojans.
9. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) He needs to be a leader.
(b) He is good at fighting.
(c) It is his responsibility.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
10. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their fort.
(b) Their cities.
(c) Their ships.
(d) Their camp.
11. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(c) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(d) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
12. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
13. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen is unhappy.
(b) That Helen can resist her.
(c) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
(d) That Helen wants Menelaus.
14. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Fight only for himself.
(b) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(c) Fight when the time comes.
(d) Not fight for the Greeks.
15. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(b) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(c) Ending the war.
(d) Ending the war by trading kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
2. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
3. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
4. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
5. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)