|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future.
(b) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(c) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
2. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(a) The Greeks.
(d) The gods.
3. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
4. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
5. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(b) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(c) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
6. Which goddess hates Troy?
7. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat ox.
(b) A fat pig.
(c) A fat cow.
(d) A fat sheep.
8. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(c) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
9. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) The gods are on his side.
(b) That Zeus is on his side.
(c) That the Greeks will win.
(d) That his army is superior.
10. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The gods and which side they are on.
(b) The names of the troops.
(c) The names of the nobles fighting.
(d) The troops and their ships.
11. Who kills Adrestos?
(a) Adrestos doesn't die.
12. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) Their ancestors were friends.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) The gods interfere.
13. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying an ox.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
14. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(b) She borrows horses from Ares.
(c) She borrows horses from Helen.
(d) She borrows horses from Apollo.
15. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(d) To give the Greeks gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
3. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
4. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
5. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)