|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(b) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(c) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(d) The Spartans and the Greeks.
2. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
3. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(b) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(c) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
4. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When the wall collapses.
(b) When Hector leads them.
(c) When they see the eagle.
(d) When their horses break it down.
5. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A friend.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A brother.
(d) A family retainer.
6. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(d) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
7. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(c) They are arguing who won the war.
(d) They are agreeing not to interfere.
8. Who is Ares?
(a) The god of the Greeks.
(b) The god of war.
(c) The god of horses.
(d) The god of archers.
9. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
10. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a deer.
(b) An eagle carrying an ox.
(c) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(d) An eagle carrying a lamb.
11. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
12. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
13. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
(b) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(c) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(d) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
14. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
15. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
(a) A wall in the ocean.
(b) A fort on the beach.
(c) A wall on the beach.
(d) A fleet of ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
2. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
3. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
4. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
5. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)