|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. Who is the first man who offers to fight Hector when Hector challenges the Greeks to a duel so that the fighting can end??
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(b) She borrows horses from Ares.
(c) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(d) She borrows horses from Helen.
4. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
5. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That Zeus is on his side.
(b) That the Greeks will win.
(c) The gods are on his side.
(d) That his army is superior.
6. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want to live without him.
(b) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(c) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(d) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
7. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(d) Ending the war by trading kings.
8. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
9. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(b) He is telling them his dream.
(c) He is testing their loyalty.
(d) He wants them all to go home.
10. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) Diomedes wounded her.
(b) She got bored.
(c) Pandaros did not favor her.
(d) Her favorite warrior died.
11. Who kills Adrestos?
(c) Adrestos doesn't die.
12. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A deer.
(c) A red snake.
(d) A rabbit.
13. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Head and chest.
(b) Chest and throat.
(c) Neck and stomach.
(d) Chest and neck.
14. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
15. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) The gods interfere.
(d) Their ancestors were friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ares?
2. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
3. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
5. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)