|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For stealing another man's wife.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(d) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
2. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
3. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Hera and Artemis.
(b) Athena and Artemis.
(c) Athena and Helen.
(d) Athena and Hera.
4. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he isn't interested.
(b) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(c) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(d) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
5. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(c) No one.
6. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(b) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(c) For fear of the future.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
7. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The first year.
(b) The tenth year.
(c) The fifth year.
(d) The eleventh year.
8. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing who won the war.
(b) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(c) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(d) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
9. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
10. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
11. Which goddess hates Troy?
12. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
13. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
14. What is Thetis?
(a) Sea nymph.
15. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
2. Who is Ares?
3. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
4. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)