|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(b) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(c) An eagle carrying a deer.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
2. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Ending the war.
(d) Ending the war by trading kings.
3. What is Thetis?
(c) Sea nymph.
4. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(c) A mortal.
5. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A red snake.
(d) A deer.
6. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The city walls.
(b) The town square.
(c) The palace.
(d) The gardens.
7. What does Hector do when the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) Goes into the city and gives a speech to the elders and women.
(b) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to evacuate.
(c) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Goes into the city and asks the elders and women to pray to the gods.
8. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
9. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the nobles fighting.
(b) The troops and their ships.
(c) The gods and which side they are on.
(d) The names of the troops.
10. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) Their ancestors were friends.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) The gods interfere.
11. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat pig.
(b) A fat ox.
(c) A fat cow.
(d) A fat sheep.
12. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
13. Who is Ares?
(a) The god of archers.
(b) The god of war.
(c) The god of horses.
(d) The god of the Greeks.
14. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In his chambers with Helen.
(c) In the stables with Helen.
(d) In the dining room with Helen.
15. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek man's death is foretold by Zeus to Hera?
2. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
3. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
4. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
5. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)