|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(b) He is telling them his dream.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
2. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(b) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(c) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
3. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
4. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the dining room with Helen.
(b) In the gardens with Helen.
(c) In his chambers with Helen.
(d) In the stables with Helen.
5. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Agamemnon.
(b) King Ageneneis.
(c) King Priam.
(d) King Pyliam.
6. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(c) To pull back until the morning.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
7. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
(a) Hera and Aphrodite.
(b) Aphrodite and Apollo.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Hera and Athena.
8. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
(a) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(b) Odysseus and Menelaus.
(d) Diomedes and Odysseus.
9. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
(b) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(c) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
10. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
11. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
12. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(d) Helen and Hector.
13. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(c) From helping the mortals on either side.
(d) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
14. Why does Hector say he has to fight?
(a) It is his responsibility.
(b) He needs to be a leader.
(c) He is good at fighting.
(d) It is destined by the gods.
15. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
(a) The king's famous horses.
(b) The king's jewels.
(c) The king's weapons.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
3. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
4. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
5. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)