|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(c) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
2. What is Thetis?
(c) Sea nymph.
3. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
4. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
(a) The eleventh year.
(b) The tenth year.
(c) The first year.
(d) The fifth year.
5. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(b) Ending the war.
(c) Ending the war by trading kings.
(d) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
6. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat cow.
(b) A fat sheep.
(c) A fat ox.
(d) A fat pig.
7. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) She got bored.
(b) Diomedes wounded her.
(c) Her favorite warrior died.
(d) Pandaros did not favor her.
8. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(b) A mortal.
9. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Athena.
(b) Ares and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Ares.
10. Who is Achilles' mother?
11. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To get ready to fight.
(b) To stir up the war god.
(c) To go home.
(d) To prove their loyalty.
12. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
(a) Hera and Aphrodite.
(b) Hera and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Athena.
(d) Aphrodite and Apollo.
13. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Agamemnon.
(b) King Pyliam.
(c) King Ageneneis.
(d) King Priam.
14. What advice does Zeus let Athena give to the Greeks after she promises not to interfere?
(a) Give advice to the Greeks to maximize their victory.
(b) Give advice to the Greeks on their retreat.
(c) Give advice to the Greeks to retrieve Helen.
(d) Give advice to the Greeks to minimize their losses.
15. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
2. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
3. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
4. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
5. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)