|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
2. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
3. What is Thetis?
(c) Sea nymph.
4. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
5. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
(a) Go back to their camp and do nothing
(b) Find the Thacrian camp and take prisoners to get more information
(c) Find the Thacrian camp and kill everyone they can
(d) Go back to their camp and make a plan
6. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
7. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The names of the troops.
(b) The troops and their ships.
(c) The names of the nobles fighting.
(d) The gods and which side they are on.
8. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Neck and stomach.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Chest and neck.
(d) Chest and throat.
9. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(b) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(c) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(d) From helping the mortals on either side.
10. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(c) To pull back until the morning.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
11. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen is unhappy.
(b) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(c) That Helen can resist her.
(d) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
12. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) The gods are on his side.
(b) That the Greeks will win.
(c) That Zeus is on his side.
(d) That his army is superior.
13. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Ares.
(c) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
14. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
15. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Fight without the gods' help.
(b) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(c) Go back and fight for her honor.
(d) Fight honorably to keep her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
2. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
3. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
4. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
5. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)