|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
2. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
3. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(b) Ending the war.
(c) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(d) Ending the war by trading kings.
4. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
(b) Go back and fight for her honor.
(c) Fight honorably to keep her.
(d) Fight without the gods' help.
5. Who speaks to the Greek soldiers to convince them to stay and fight when Agamemnon is telling them to go home?
6. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
(a) Humility over his army's losses.
(b) A desire to win.
(c) A desire to get Helen back.
(d) Humility towards the gods.
7. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The city walls.
(b) The town square.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The palace.
8. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(b) The Trojans.
(d) The Greeks.
9. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) They realize they are relatives.
(b) Their ancestors were friends.
(c) They realize they are on the same side.
(d) The gods interfere.
10. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She tells him jokes.
(b) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(c) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(d) She makes fun of the men fighting.
11. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
12. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
13. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
(a) Fight if the Greeks force him to.
(b) Not fight for the Greeks.
(c) Fight only for himself.
(d) Fight when the time comes.
14. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When their horses break it down.
(b) When they see the eagle.
(c) When Hector leads them.
(d) When the wall collapses.
15. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Ares and Athena.
(b) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Ares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
2. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
3. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
4. Which goddess hates Troy?
5. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)