|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he isn't interested.
(b) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(c) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
(d) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
2. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(b) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(c) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(d) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
3. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
4. What is listed in Book 2?
(a) The gods and which side they are on.
(b) The names of the nobles fighting.
(c) The troops and their ships.
(d) The names of the troops.
5. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Chest and neck.
(c) Head and chest.
(d) Neck and stomach.
6. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
7. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
8. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat cow.
(b) A fat ox.
(c) A fat sheep.
(d) A fat pig.
9. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
10. Who kills Adrestos?
(a) Adrestos doesn't die.
11. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
12. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(d) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
13. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(a) A mortal.
14. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The city walls.
(b) The town square.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The palace.
15. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A soldier.
(d) A Trojan man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
2. Who decides the violence should end?
3. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
4. Who is Zeus' wife?
5. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)