|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
2. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
3. Who calls Agamemnon greedy for profit and shameless?
4. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Head and chest.
(c) Neck and stomach.
(d) Chest and neck.
5. What is Thetis?
(b) Sea nymph.
6. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
(a) Zeus sent it to him in a dream.
(b) Helenos told him of the gods' plan because he overheard the gods.
(c) Helenos told him of the gods' plan as a prophecy.
(d) Hector prayed about it and was told this was his answer.
7. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(b) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(c) Ending the war by trading kings.
(d) Ending the war.
8. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
9. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to talk to the gods.
(b) Not to anger the gods.
(c) Not to interfere with the gods.
(d) Not to do battle with the immortals.
10. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
(a) Hera and Aphrodite.
(b) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Aphrodite and Apollo.
(d) Hera and Athena.
11. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
12. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Trojan man.
13. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(b) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(c) She tells him jokes.
(d) She makes fun of the men fighting.
14. Who is Zeus' wife?
15. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(c) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
2. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
3. What are the two sides in the war?
4. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)