|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Fight without the gods' help.
(c) Fight honorably to keep her.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
2. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(b) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
(c) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(d) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
3. Who kills Adrestos?
(b) Adrestos doesn't die.
4. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When they see the eagle.
(b) When their horses break it down.
(c) When Hector leads them.
(d) When the wall collapses.
5. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
6. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men don't cross the ditch.
7. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(b) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
8. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
9. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(a) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
10. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The palace.
(d) The town square.
11. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
12. Who is Ares?
(a) The god of horses.
(b) The god of war.
(c) The god of the Greeks.
(d) The god of archers.
13. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A brother.
(b) A family retainer.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A friend.
14. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(b) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
(c) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(d) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
15. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opposes the speech which encourages the Greeks to fight after Agamemnon tells them to go home?
2. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
3. Who decides the violence should end?
4. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
5. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)