|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
2. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(b) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(c) She makes fun of the men fighting.
(d) She tells him jokes.
3. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(b) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(c) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(d) The Trojans and the Spartans.
4. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(d) No one.
5. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(b) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(d) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
6. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
(a) Their ancestors were friends.
(b) They realize they are on the same side.
(c) They realize they are relatives.
(d) The gods interfere.
7. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
8. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
9. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
10. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
(b) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
(c) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(d) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
11. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
12. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
13. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
(a) A red wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(b) A red robe with scenes from the war.
(c) A blue wall hanging with scenes from the war.
(d) A blue robe with scenes from the war.
14. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Agamemnon.
(b) King Pyliam.
(c) King Ageneneis.
(d) King Priam.
15. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
(a) A place among the gods.
(b) A place among the kings and princes.
(c) Great honor.
(d) Great glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two beautiful women that are captured as war prizes?
2. The book opens during what year of the Trojan War?
3. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
4. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
5. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)