|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Athena and Helen.
(b) Athena and Artemis.
(c) Hera and Artemis.
(d) Athena and Hera.
2. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A red snake.
(d) A deer.
3. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(b) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(c) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
(d) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(d) To pull back until the morning.
5. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the stables with Helen.
(b) In the gardens with Helen.
(c) In his chambers with Helen.
(d) In the dining room with Helen.
6. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Priam.
(b) King Ageneneis.
(c) King Pyliam.
(d) King Agamemnon.
7. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(a) No one.
8. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
(a) Diomedes wounded her.
(b) She got bored.
(c) Her favorite warrior died.
(d) Pandaros did not favor her.
9. Who is Achilles' mother?
10. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
11. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to do battle with the immortals.
(b) Not to talk to the gods.
(c) Not to interfere with the gods.
(d) Not to anger the gods.
12. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(b) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(c) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
(d) To give the Greeks gifts.
13. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The plume on his helmet.
(b) The sounds of battle.
(c) His sword.
(d) The noise of his armor.
14. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Athena.
(c) Apollo and Ares.
(d) Ares and Athena.
15. Who is Zeus' wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
2. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
3. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
5. What are the two sides in the war?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)