|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(b) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(c) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(d) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
2. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
3. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their cities.
(b) Their ships.
(c) Their camp.
(d) Their fort.
4. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is testing their loyalty.
(b) He is telling them his dream.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
5. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) His sword.
(b) The sounds of battle.
(c) The plume on his helmet.
(d) The noise of his armor.
6. When do the Trojans finally break through the wall?
(a) When Hector leads them.
(b) When the wall collapses.
(c) When their horses break it down.
(d) When they see the eagle.
7. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
8. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(b) See the gods during sacrifices.
(c) See the gods whenever he wants.
(d) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
9. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The palace.
10. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The gods.
11. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
12. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
13. Nestor reminds the men that they have not accomplished what goal?
(a) Conquering Troy.
(b) Siezing the treasures of Troy.
(c) Bringing glory to their king.
(d) Reclaiming Helen.
14. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
15. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
(a) By trading horses.
(b) By praying together to the gods.
(c) By trading swords.
(d) By trading armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Pandaros get if he follows the advice of Athena and causes more fighting?
2. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
3. Where is the eagle injured?
4. What is Thetis?
5. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)