|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(b) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
(c) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(d) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
2. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
(a) Not to anger the gods.
(b) Not to do battle with the immortals.
(c) Not to talk to the gods.
(d) Not to interfere with the gods.
4. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
5. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
6. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
7. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
(a) A desire to get Helen back.
(b) A desire to win.
(c) Humility over his army's losses.
(d) Humility towards the gods.
8. Which goddess hates Troy?
9. How does Helen entertain King Priam?
(a) She points out Greek warriors she remembers.
(b) She tells him jokes.
(c) She tells him stories of her life before Paris.
(d) She makes fun of the men fighting.
10. Who is Zeus' wife?
11. What is the response of the god to Hera's request for him to help the Greeks?
(a) No, he isn't interested.
(b) No, he doesn't want to help Hera.
(c) No, he will not disobey Zeus.
(d) No, he doesn't like the Greeks.
12. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
(a) Shoot an arrow at Menelaus.
(b) Run down Menelaus with a horse.
(c) Stab Menelaus with a sword.
(d) Stab Menelaus with a spear.
13. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
14. What frightens Hector's son?
(a) The sounds of battle.
(b) His sword.
(c) The noise of his armor.
(d) The plume on his helmet.
15. Where does Hector find Paris after the Trojans are forced to retreat?
(a) In the gardens with Helen.
(b) In the dining room with Helen.
(c) In his chambers with Helen.
(d) In the stables with Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
2. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
3. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
4. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
5. Where does Achilles watch the battle from?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)