|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(d) For fear of the future of Achilles.
2. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat cow.
(b) A fat sheep.
(c) A fat ox.
(d) A fat pig.
3. What is stolen from the Thracian camp when the Greek spies find the Thracian camp?
(a) The king's famous horses.
(b) The king.
(c) The king's weapons.
(d) The king's jewels.
4. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She does not want to live without him.
(c) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(d) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
5. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(b) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(c) The Spartans and the Greeks.
(d) The Creteans and the Trojans.
6. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
7. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
(b) To return to the fighting.
(c) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(d) To keep Hector's son safe.
8. What god or goddess helps the Greeks in Book 4?
9. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
10. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
(a) That Helen wants Menelaus.
(b) That Helen is unhappy.
(c) That Helen can resist her.
(d) That Helen doesn't want to go to Paris.
11. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
(a) The gods left the battle to keep things even.
(b) The gods didn't like all the fighting.
(c) The gods had bigger problems.
(d) The gods got annoyed with the mortals.
12. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(b) She borrows horses from Ares.
(c) She borrows horses from Helen.
(d) She borrows horses from Zeus.
13. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
14. Who kills Adrestos?
(b) Adrestos doesn't die.
15. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
2. What is Helen weaving when she is visited by a divine messenger?
3. Who decides the violence should end?
4. What does Athena do to help the Greek spies after they steal from the Thracian camp?
5. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)