|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phoenix is what to Achilles?
(a) A family retainer.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A brother.
(d) A friend.
2. Who does Helen sit next to when watching Paris taking part in the duel on the battlefield?
(a) King Pyliam.
(b) King Ageneneis.
(c) King Priam.
(d) King Agamemnon.
3. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(b) He is telling them his dream.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
4. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Warn her away.
(b) Stab her.
(c) Spear her.
(d) Talk to her.
5. Agamemnon's offer to Achilles is meant to do what?
(a) Get Achilles to forgive Agamemnon.
(b) Get Achilles to bring the gods onto the side of the Greeks.
(c) Get Achilles to not fight for the Trojans.
(d) Get Achilles to come back and fight for the Greeks.
6. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The palace.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The city walls.
7. Who is Aphrodite's mother?
(d) A mortal.
8. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(b) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(c) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
(d) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
9. Why does Andromache not want Hector to go back to the battle?
(a) She does not want him to kill any more Greeks.
(b) She wants him to take over for Paris.
(c) She does not want to be a widow and her son an orphan.
(d) She does not want to live without him.
10. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
11. Who answers Paris' challenge to the Greeks on the battlefield?
12. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
(a) That the men don't cross the ditch.
(b) That the men build a bridge to cross the ditch.
(c) That the men climb on their horses' backs to cross the ditch.
(d) That the men get off their horses to cross the ditch.
13. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(b) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
(c) For stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
14. What does Diomedes say to his companions?
(a) That they should back down because the gods will curse them.
(b) That they should back down because the gods will make the weather bad for fighting.
(c) That they should back down because the gods want Helen to go back home.
(d) That they should back down because the gods are assisting their enemies.
15. Which goddess hates Troy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
2. What objects are sacrificed before the duel in Book 3 between Paris and his competition?
3. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
4. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
5. What does Athena do to help the Greek spies after they steal from the Thracian camp?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)