|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of Achilles.
(d) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
2. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
3. Where is the eagle injured?
(a) Chest and throat.
(b) Neck and stomach.
(c) Head and chest.
(d) Chest and neck.
4. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Ending the war by trading kings.
(d) Ending the war.
5. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
6. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
7. What does Patroclus do for the wound of Eurypylos?
(a) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and bandages it.
(b) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, and gives bitter root to ease the pain.
(c) Washes it, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
(d) Washes it, stops the flow of blood, gives bitter root to ease the pain, and bandages it.
8. What is Diomedes allowed to do to Aphrodite if necessary?
(a) Stab her.
(b) Spear her.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Warn her away.
9. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
10. What does Paris promise to Hector when Hector finds him after the Trojans retreat to the city?
(a) To direct the fighting from the walls.
(b) To return to the fighting.
(c) To keep Hector's son safe.
(d) To prevent Hector's son from dying.
11. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
(a) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city where there is a temple to her.
(b) That she cannot protest if Zeus helps the other side.
(c) That she cannot protest if Zeus destroys a city that holds men dear to her.
(d) That she cannot protest if Zeus assures Helen's safety.
12. What is the eagle carrying when it appears as a sign as the Trojans are trying to cross the ditch on foot?
(a) A deer.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A red snake.
(d) A lamb.
13. Who goes and spies on the Greek camp?
14. Who is Achilles' mother?
15. What are Zeus, Hera, and Athena arguing about on Mount Olympus after the divine intervention in Paris' duel?
(a) They are arguing if Paris is a coward.
(b) They are arguing over the outcome of the duel.
(c) They are agreeing not to interfere.
(d) They are arguing who won the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
2. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
3. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
4. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
5. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)