|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The city walls.
(c) The palace.
(d) The gardens.
2. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That Zeus is on his side.
(b) That his army is superior.
(c) The gods are on his side.
(d) That the Greeks will win.
3. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
4. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
5. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
(a) Menelaus and Diomedes.
(b) Odysseus and Menelaus.
(c) Diomedes and Odysseus.
6. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
7. What does lifting the veil from Diomedes' eyes allow him to do?
(a) See the gods when they are helping the enemy.
(b) See the gods during sacrifices.
(c) See the gods on Mount Olympus.
(d) See the gods whenever he wants.
8. Why is Zeus awake at night in the beginning of Book 2?
(a) He is planning on how to bring honor to Achilles.
(b) He is planning on how to humiliate Agamemnon.
(c) He is planning on how to win the war for the Trojans.
(d) He is planning on how to bring Helen home.
9. Before Pandaros' actions cause more fighting, what are the Greeks and Trojans close to doing?
(a) Ending the war by trading kings.
(b) Giving each other gold to create a peace.
(c) Ending the war.
(d) Creating a truce and returning Helen.
10. What is Thetis?
(c) Sea nymph.
11. Which god does Hera ask to help the Greeks when she sees the Greeks are overwhelmed?
12. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until the morning.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
13. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
(a) Humility over his army's losses.
(b) Humility towards the gods.
(c) A desire to get Helen back.
(d) A desire to win.
14. Why do the men gather down by their vessels at the end of Book 2?
(a) To stir up the war god.
(b) To go home.
(c) To get ready to fight.
(d) To prove their loyalty.
15. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of Achilles.
(b) For fear of the future.
(c) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
(d) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ares?
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
3. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
4. What prevents Diomedes from killing Glaukos?
5. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)