|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
2. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He is testing their loyalty.
(c) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(d) He wants them all to go home.
3. Who does Athena disguise herself as?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A Trojan man.
(d) A soldier.
4. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(b) Helen and Hector.
(d) His mother.
5. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
(a) To pull back until the morning.
(b) To pull back until Agamemnon is dead.
(c) To pull back until Agamemnon is wounded.
(d) To pull back until Agamemnon asks to talk to Hector.
6. Who was the mortal man responsible for the plague against the army?
7. In Achilles' absence, who is the Greek's best warrior?
8. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(b) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(c) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
(d) From helping the mortals on either side.
9. Who is Achilles' mother?
10. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The town square.
(c) The city walls.
(d) The palace.
11. Who accompanies Chryseis back home?
12. Who is the wise leader from Pylos who tries to stop Achilles and Agamemnon from arguing?
13. Agamemnon is confident that what?
(a) That Zeus is on his side.
(b) The gods are on his side.
(c) That the Greeks will win.
(d) That his army is superior.
14. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
(a) A fort on the beach.
(b) A wall on the beach.
(c) A fleet of ships.
(d) A wall in the ocean.
15. Who kills Adrestos?
(c) Adrestos doesn't die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the challenge Paris issues to the Greeks on the battlefield?
2. Which goddess hates Troy?
3. After Agamemnon is stunned by Achilles' response to his offer, what does Diomedes says Achilles will do?
4. What emotion causes Agamemnon to have a change of heart towards Achilles?
5. Who goes and spies on the Trojan camp?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)