|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thetis appeal to in order to regain honor to Achilles?
2. Which god or goddess do the Greek spies make an offering to after returning safely to the Greek camp?
3. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
(a) For fear of the future of the Trojans.
(b) For fear of the future of Achilles.
(c) For fear of the future.
(d) For fear of the future of the Greeks.
4. Who demands that the Trojans concede victory to the Greeks and return Helen?
5. Who does Achilles send to get information on the war?
(b) No one.
6. What does Paris decide to do to end the fighting?
(a) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, including Helen.
(b) To give the Greeks gifts.
(c) To return all the possessions he took from the Greeks, along with some gifts.
(d) To give Helen back to the Greeks.
7. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Trojans.
8. What is one of Achilles' possible destinies?
(a) He will return home from fighting the Trojans, and his glory will be everlasting.
(b) He will not come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory.
(c) He will come home from fighting the Trojans, and he will have no glory
(d) He will not return home from fighting the Trojans, but his glory will be everlasting.
9. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying an ox.
(d) An eagle carrying a deer.
10. Who kills Adrestos?
(a) Adrestos doesn't die.
11. Who does Hector pray to for his son to be a great ruler?
12. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(c) Helen and Hector.
13. What does Helen challenge Paris to do?
(a) Go back and fight for her honor.
(b) Fight honorably to keep her.
(c) Fight without the gods' help.
(d) Go back and finish fighting Menelaus.
14. What does Zeus suggest to Agamemnon in a dream in order to trick him?
(a) That the Greeks will beat the Trojans in the war.
(b) That the Greeks will be victorious over the Trojans in the next batttle.
(c) That the Greeks will rescue Helen in the next battle.
(d) That the Greeks will gain lots of treaures from Troy.
15. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
(a) A fort on the beach.
(b) A wall on the beach.
(c) A fleet of ships.
(d) A wall in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
2. What promise does Zeus get from Hera?
3. Who does Zeus send down to the Greeks to stir up the battle?
4. What about Helen angers Aphrodite in Book 3?
5. How do Diomedes and Glaukos seal their friendship?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)