|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the mortals end up fighting without the gods?
(a) The gods had bigger problems.
(b) The gods got annoyed with the mortals.
(c) The gods didn't like all the fighting.
(d) The gods left the battle to keep things even.
2. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their cities.
(b) Their ships.
(c) Their fort.
(d) Their camp.
3. Who decides the violence should end?
(a) Apollo and Ares.
(c) Ares and Athena.
(d) Apollo and Athena.
4. Who helps Diomedes when he is injured by Pandaros?
5. According to Zeus, who wins the duel between Paris and his Greek competitor on the battlefield?
(a) The Greeks.
(d) The Trojans.
6. Where did Hector's wife go to see if she can find him?
(a) The city walls.
(b) The town square.
(c) The palace.
(d) The gardens.
7. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
(a) Find the Thacrian camp and kill everyone they can
(b) Go back to their camp and make a plan
(c) Go back to their camp and do nothing
(d) Find the Thacrian camp and take prisoners to get more information
8. Who is urging Paris to return to the battlefield?
(a) His mother.
(b) Helen and Hector.
9. Why does Agamemnon tell the soldiers that they should give up and go home?
(a) He is telling them his dream.
(b) He want. to see who really wants to fight.
(c) He wants them all to go home.
(d) He is testing their loyalty.
10. Which goddess hates Troy?
11. Which god or goddess protects Paris during the challenge that he issued to the Greeks on the battlefield?
12. Who recommends that both sides take a break from the war to bury their dead?
13. Who stops Achilles from killing Agamemnon?
14. What are the two sides in the war?
(a) The Trojans and the Spartans.
(b) The Greeks and the Trojans.
(c) The Creteans and the Trojans.
(d) The Spartans and the Greeks.
15. What does Agamemnon sacrifice to Zeus in Book 2?
(a) A fat ox.
(b) A fat cow.
(c) A fat pig.
(d) A fat sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins forces with the Greeks to even the odds against Ares?
2. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
3. What warning does Athena give Diomedes after she lifts the veil from his eyes?
4. What does Poulydamas suggest to Hector?
5. How is Hector inspired in his plan to stop the fighting?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)