|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who intervenes to prevent the soldiers from deserting Agamemnon?
(a) Athena and Hera.
(b) Athena and Artemis.
(c) Athena and Helen.
(d) Hera and Artemis.
2. How does Aphrodite flee the battle in Book 5?
(a) She borrows horses from Helen.
(b) She borrows horses from Zeus.
(c) She borrows horses from Apollo.
(d) She borrows horses from Ares.
3. What is Thetis?
(b) Sea nymph.
4. Who prophesies that the Greeks will win the war against the Trojans in ten years?
5. Who does King Priam blame for the war?
(b) The gods.
(d) The Greeks.
6. Where do the Greeks retreat to?
(a) Their cities.
(b) Their fort.
(c) Their ships.
(d) Their camp.
7. What god or goddess helps the Trojans in Book 4?
8. Which Greek man is chosen to fight Hector after Nestor shames them?
9. Why does Hector chastise Paris when he finds Paris with the troops and not preparing to meet his challenger from the Greek army?
(a) For bringing the Trojans to war and being a coward.
(b) For being a coward for not standing up and accepting his challenge.
(c) For stealing another man's wife.
(d) For bringing the Trojans to the point of war and his selfishness for stealing another man's wife.
10. What does Zeus send as a sign that he has heard Agamemnon when Hector is on the verge of burning the Greek ships?
(a) An eagle carrying a deer.
(b) An eagle carrying an olive branch.
(c) An eagle carrying a lamb.
(d) An eagle carrying an ox.
11. What does Zeus forbid the other gods to do after he tells them his plan?
(a) From talking about his plans to the mortals on either side.
(b) From helping the mortals on either side.
(c) From visiting the mortals on either side.
(d) From accepting sacrifices from the mortals on either side.
12. After Zeus and Hera come to an agreement on Mount Olympus, who is sent to stir the men up to battle?
13. Who is the priest that Achilles calls upon to see what must be done to appease Apollo?
14. Where has Eurypylos been wounded
15. What did the Greeks build without Poseidon's permission?
(a) A wall on the beach.
(b) A fleet of ships.
(c) A fort on the beach.
(d) A wall in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pandaros do to Menelaus in order to break the truce between the Greeks and the Trojans?
2. Why does Aphrodite flee the battle after she interferes to save her son, Aeneas?
3. What do the Greek spies do with the Trojan spy's information?
4. After Zeus sends the goddess of Hate down to the Greeks, what does he send Iris to tell Hector?
5. Why does Phoenix burst into tears after Achilles' speach?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)